• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update Released

Please explain, because I don't think we've heard of this.

You probably haven't read the threads about it in the bug reports, but when you light an enemy on fire, the fire NEVER goes out. Also, none of the Zeds have their "On Fire Behavior" working, as you can light them up and nothing happens aside from the infinite burning.

This includes the Partiarch, and thus you can light him on fire, then run and hide as he burns to death. The fire interrupts his healing too, so if you've damaged him enough to make him run off and heal, his interrupted healings barely get rid of any damage. Makes Partiarch fights easy.

Upvote 0
not fixed after update

not fixed after update

well this is my first post and once again this update has been 2 quick/why u ask the? bedlam at this piont isnt unlockable yet again,i have completed it 3 times since the update on different servers still no pop up achievment,no 1 else got it in every game that was finished,we did it on long and meduim no point in trying for a forth time, it did sort other things that were bugged,but hey trip thanks for the quick response of the update regarding the other issues that needed to be adressed

Upvote 0
Please tell me they fixed the flamethrower burning enemies forever. Its annoying when you just blast him and he runs away to die.

EDIT: just read a post saying they didn't. Bummer. Well whatever I will wait forever for it because its really only minor and anyone who uses it to exploit new achievements. Well.... heres what i think will happen. replace he with she if the person is a girl. Sorry about it being for males.

THIS IS A REALISTIC SCENARIO IT COULD HAPPEN
So you log off the game and go get some food, then you find out that week old pizza is moldy, you begin to get angry and then your girlfriend calls you and says "I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE" and all of a sudden you aren't angry but really sad ):, So you decide to go outside for once in your life and you are walking to the park when out of nowhere a car swerves into a tree and the tree falls on you, and then you are in so much pain that you are screaming at the top of your lungs. The ambulance arrives and you keep telling the doctors "i can't feel my legs" and they tell you everything's Ok in that doctor voice that lets you know it's not Ok. So you go into some serious surgery and they use some gas to make you all sleepy, and you wake up and your legs are gone because they were too far gone to save, so you learn how to use a wheelchair and go home, just to find out that while you were gone your house caught fire from a faulty telephone wire because you left it unhooked after your girlfriend called. Then you are some homeless guy who lives on the street and has to crawl places.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since you don't seem to keep track of all threads in this forum (which can't be held against you) what are the chances of the chainsaw being made useful, the katana having auto attack again and the mp7 being made slightly more precise and/or having a faster reload time for medics?

Upvote 0
This is neither the ideas and suggestions forum nor is it the support forum or the bug report.

Ramm definitely trys to read all forums, but since he is the Pres he can't browse the forums all day.

We read the forums, but it takes more than a day to replicate problems, fix and test them.

Ideas and suggestions are ideas and suggestions. Posting them is good, but it does not mean they get added to the game.

Also, adding a poll does not change that.

I know, you probably hate me for typing this, but that is how it is.

Upvote 0
Yeah sorry, just wanted to bring that to your attention because the eternal fire feature has also been succesfully brought to your attention here but you're right, this is not the place.

Also good thing that discount-abuse got fixed.
Why is the baseprice of that gun that ridiculous in the first place?

Didn't notice any shortening of load times but then again, I never had any problems with those.

This is neither the ideas and suggestions forum nor is it the support forum or the bug report.
Here's an idea!
:/

Upvote 0
If you have a decent computer and your hard drive isn't fragmented like hell, you probably do not "feel" a big difference. Just to throw in some numbers: Some maps need 300 megs less now. Turn off precaching and the memory footprint is 500 megs smaller. Map loading times are at least 30% faster on slower machines.

If you have a decent computer, like mine (old quad, average HD and video card, hard drive fragmentation low (MyDefrag is your friend)), you probably will not "feel" a dramatic change, but there is one.

Upvote 0
I have just played some KF after update to v1009. Here are the results:
- Dot of Doom works, as long as u do it right (i.e. get exploding headshots in a row and only headshots).
- Merry Men works, u just need to only fire the crossbow at the Patriarch. If a nade, pipebomb, bullet, or anything that's not an arrow hits him, u won't get the achievement when u kill him (at least that's how it worked for me).
- Beat Bedlam in Normal, no achievement.
- Specimens that stay lit after torching them is still present (hence also the bug that allows to lit up the Patriarch and let him burn to death).
- I have not experienced any crashes or weird quit errors on this version (on v1008 it was pretty unstable).
- Loading maps seems somewhat fine, sometimes it's quick, sometimes it isnt.
- Mr. Perky seems to be displayed right now, although shouldn't it be better to have that be at Level 6 instead of 5?
- All other achievements seem to be fine (got Blooper Reel, Killer Junior, SCAR'd, etc.. pretty easily).

PS: is Dignity for the Dead fixed? I recall cleaning several specimens off teammates bodies on more than one occasion, and I still only have 1/10.

My system specs:
Phenom FX4890 Quadcore 2.5
4GB DDR2
ATI RADEON 4870X2 2GB DDR5
Windows Vista 64-Bits

Can any1 else check if they can get any completion achievement for the new maps?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On version 1008 Wyre was the only map out of the new ones whose completion achievement was working. I beat it in normal diff and the game gave me the achievement.

Now I just beat Wyre in hard, and unfortunately the game didn't give me squat this time (and it was a pretty difficult task to accomplish as well).

I hope version 1010 do fix these map achievements, as it is VERY frustrating going through so much trouble to beat a new map, and not getting ANYTHING in the end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0