• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is the next 'Freaking Awesome' Update

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Future: More is planned. In my opinion something freaking awesome is planed (mileage on awesome may vary) but I can't talk about it yet. Tripwire wants to continue support for KF for some time, and the character packs and new lobby ad system are designed to help us do just that.

Right so what is it?

What is so 'freaking awesome'? Was the latest update 'freaking awesome'? Or was it just awesome - I don't know since I don't know the benchmark of awesome. So what can 'freaking awesome' be? Surely not just new maps which would be awesoem but are they 'freaking awesome' when we have such a large excellent map making community?

Other modes including:
The PVP (CSS style) mode?
Story mode objective.
More maps? But is that 'freaking awesome' as opposed just to super cool and awesome?
More skins? Cool but not 'freaking awesome' unless they create an Evil Santa skin.

Any other ideas? What 'freaking awesome' things do you all think that are in the pipeline?

What i hope to see is are different gamemodes (i would love something objective based and something pvp, and maybe something with a huge boss like 10x higher than the patty).
I would love to see flying specimen as well.

Beside that a new hud & loadingscreens would be nice as well :p
And some performance tweaks to make loadingtimes etc back to the old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Server browser, new, consistent menus (yes pals, the titlescreen is a menu too), revamped loading screens (I always found those plain ugly) and the ability to go into first person mode while spectating would be freaking awesome enough for me.

This. I like the redesign of the lobby and trader menus. Now I wish they could change the main screen and hud while playing to fit it. I never realized how boring the red and black scheme of the old menus were until they put these new ones in.

First person while spectating sounds good too.

Upvote 0
What? More awesomeness?? I can't take anymore awesomeness, i thought the last one was "teh awesomeness" .

At first i checked the date of gus's post because i thought this thread would have been made BEFORE the levelup-update...

No more awesomeness please, give us time to take it in before giving EVEN MORE. i'm not used to this anymore since maybe... hmm can't even remember a game that got that load of content and i game since monkey island.

Upvote 0