• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks, vehicles and other

I just hope they have some tank combat.
My favorite is 1-2 tanks max following with the infantry. A good example of this is "pavlovs house" map where the germans get a Stug for support with the infantry.

Also if this game does release on consoles they will get a great game that simulates better than anything else they will be given.

Upvote 0
This is an interesting option, BUT u already had the option to choose between AP and HE shells and i think its already enough for gamers like we are. I think that keepin actual positions in tanks is quite good : Driver / Coaxial MG / Commander=Gunner.

What TWI can improve is the options of each class named above.
Driver : Gears and motor.
MG : w/e :D
Commander, Gunner : Being forced to use the tank optic zoom, no more canon elevating to aim by experience pls (i know its how i use to play but its to easy and not realistic).
Each class of this crew shoud be able to open his ache separatly.

Good luck trying to find someone (besides Beast) who wants to play loader.

I'd like to see an optional commander position, so if you already have a gunner, someone can still take the commander position (in tanks that had a separate gunner / commander). It would be nice to have a dedicated commander for better situational awareness - this would be best with a working cupola scope (like DH), and better view port implementation.

As far as the raising the barrel thing, what's wrong with that? If you can do it in real life, then I don't see how you could stop someone from doing it in game. Besides, I always use the range adjustments already present (lean keys). I'd like to have finer control over them though, perhaps with a "shift" key, or using the mousewheel to adjust range (while holding the range adjust shift key).

lol, ok the loader part is boring for 90% of the players but, i think that Tripwire can made optional this part. Tripwire create realistic-crew tank, but you can do alone in the turret the part of gunner, loader and commander if there aren't other member of crew, but in this way you will are slower than tank with 3 crewmen in the turret.

for example, in RO:OST many tanks have 3 men crew. but often many players use completely alone tank right? but they are slower than tank with 2/3 crewmen right?

i'm thinking about the loader part....you are in the turret and you can move into the tank to take the correct shell....you have to recognize the correct type of shell, the you must take it and put it into the barrel of the gun as faster as possible....lol

another thing: in RO:OST you can switch the position into the tank very fast and you can use alone a tank....i think is better if in RO:HoS the minimum crew for use a tank is of 2 men, because if you want to switch position you lose rather times.

ultimately, is't important that tank have realistic crew, but is not required that the crew is complete, each role is facoltative.

Upvote 0
There must be balance between realism and gameplay.

For sure changing postion between driver/MG gunner/main gunner has to take more time than in RO:O (3 or 5 sec is enough).

Boucning shells, magic angle, etc from oryginal RO:O must disappear. Armored beast and DH armored beast are way better than oryginal hit detection etc. I'm sure it combined with advaced UT3.5 engine can do something great. For example difffrent type of damage for turret, body, tracks, gun barrel etc.

It'd be nice to see more type shells. DH shows to us how great it is. HE/AP/APC/APCR/HEAT FTW!

And playing in tank fully filled by crew should have more advantages.

Upvote 0
There must be balance between realism and gameplay.

For sure changing postion between driver/MG gunner/main gunner has to take more time than in RO:O (3 or 5 sec is enough).

Boucning shells, magic angle, etc from oryginal RO:O must disappear. Armored beast and DH armored beast are way better than oryginal hit detection etc. I'm sure it combined with advaced UT3.5 engine can do something great. For example difffrent type of damage for turret, body, tracks, gun barrel etc.

It'd be nice to see more type shells. DH shows to us how great it is. HE/AP/APC/APCR/HEAT FTW!

And playing in tank fully filled by crew should have more advantages.

its the Unreal 3 engine, not UT 3.5 ;)
:D

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind seeing the one-man tanks on big tank maps. Combined arms maps would be better served if multi-crewed tanks are required, or at least encouraged with a slow position change.

One man tanks can be justified, that the tank is fully crewed, but you "jump" from person to person, as it would be unrealistic to crew a tank by yourself.

Upvote 0
The reason why i would like to see a slower time in switching position is because it would then make team tanking actually a viable option. All forms of team based play i find more interesting than solo play.

The reason i want to delay getting in and out of vehicles, so people cant quickly hop out of their tanks and shoot you with their ppsh while you're sapping them. Or quickly hop out of a tank the second a round is incomming.

I think both things slightly delayed would improve gameplay, with it not being more unrealistic but actually more realistic. Thats my reason.

Upvote 0
agreed, as it is, tanks are devastating enough as is.

At least a 3 second swap between gunner and driving would make a huge difference.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to code but to show a crewman climbing out of a tank and being completely vulnerable while doing so would make a huge difference.

Upvote 0
My main issue against a loader is primarily that there are only say 50 players max on a server if you're lucky.

If tanks would be fully loaded.

Driver, Gunner, MG-Gunner, Commander, Loader or whatever people really were in a tank then. On a 50 player server you only get 10 tanks fighting each other.

I want pretty much 2-3 tankers if possibly to always tank together making it atleast feasible having say 10 tanks vs 10 tanks.

Upvote 0
I'm hoping they don't force 2 man crews onto us, I'm sure they wont... two reasons, one reason is that much of the time you get (well i do) some yahoo jumping in and shooting shells into outer space and unloading the mg until the enemy tanker tracks the tracers and blows us to hell. So most times I prefer tanking on my own. Secondly servers may not always be full, so I'd prefer seeing more tanks out in the field instead of halving them down....

Upvote 0
My main issue with the loader is...:eek:ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME?!? Besides Beast, I don't think anyone wants to actually play loader. You can't even watch the battle! There's a reason lots of modern tanks have an auto-loader.

Sure, I want realism in the game, but there's a limit. Cooks and supply personnel were also needed in an army, but I don't feel the need to play them too.

Upvote 0
My main issue with the loader is...:eek:ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME?!? Besides Beast, I don't think anyone wants to actually play loader. You can't even watch the battle! There's a reason lots of modern tanks have an auto-loader.

Sure, I want realism in the game, but there's a limit. Cooks and supply personnel were also needed in an army, but I don't feel the need to play them too.

Maybe there will be a mini-game in HOS where you and the company can have a cook off with Paula Deen

Upvote 0
I'm hoping they don't force 2 man crews onto us, I'm sure they wont... two reasons, one reason is that much of the time you get (well i do) some yahoo jumping in and shooting shells into outer space and unloading the mg until the enemy tanker tracks the tracers and blows us to hell. So most times I prefer tanking on my own. Secondly servers may not always be full, so I'd prefer seeing more tanks out in the field instead of halving them down....

Forcing 2 man crews is not what i want either. Although i want a delay in entering/exeting a vehicle and changing position. Making it more advantagous to tank with more people.

Because at the moment if there are enough tanks there is no benefit to team tank if you could simply have 2 tanks instead (with 2 tanks one can always flank).

Last edited:
Upvote 0