• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-TheDarkestRoad

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk
Level Name: KF-TheDarkestRoad

Author : Justyn " JustFilth" Toohill

Download: http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/kf-thedarkestroads

Here is the next page in the darkroad saga. I love it so much I couldnt stick a v2 on the end sorry guys :D

London is taken and our darkest hour has arrived. The war that first started as a containment order has now turned into a stance of resistance. Overwhelmed and on the verge of total annihilation, we have become nothing more than survivalist. Our plan at present is to retreat into the Kent country side and resupply ourselves from the abandoned Horzine store houses close to the Folkstone research centre. Unfortunately the area has been evacuated and with no reports forth coming it means we are walking the darkest of roads into the unknown.

1dr.jpg

2dr.jpg

3dr.jpg

4dr.jpg

5dr.jpg

Install: Place the KF-TheDarkestRoad.rom file in your KillingFloor Maps Directory.

Default XP: C:/Programs/steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/Maps
Default Vista: C:/Programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/Maps

Custom content: Textures and staticmeshes created by JustFilth ( sourced own photos and CGTexures )

Report issues to justfilth @ live . co . uk

Last edited:
Hello.

Hello.

Hello again. Stopping through to download another map. Like I said in your other thread. Love your maps. Throwing on my servers soon. Keep up the good work and kick some arse.:D

Edit: Cancel that. LOL. Went to hit download and map gone. LOL. I will come back and get it later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/kf-thedarkestroads

Ok just submitted the version with the new colour correction settings to moddb.

Changed all links to reflect this, please make sure to have the latest version and that the .rom is named KF-TheDarkestRoads not TheDarkestRoad ( new version has a "S" on the end :D )

Cheers

Filthy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK all just had a report of a graphical anomaly

tdrs031009_11.jpg

This is caused by a dodgey portal I believe. Gutted! but there we go.

Will update the map later and release again.

Cheers filthy.

EDIT: Confirmed and fixed but just gonna hang on to see if any further reports come in before a release, so now is your time to speak.

sorry about that chaps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are a few possibles. Some are purely aesthetic while others may cause gaming issues.

Just a bit of veg poking down.
dark1.jpg

May just be lighting hitting the angle giving this line shadow.
dark2.jpg

This one's a minuscule but still clear rip.
dark4.jpg

The Zombies are reluctant climb up on the logs and just stare like they're waiting for a hand out.
dark3.jpg

A zone portal affecting colour?
dark5.jpg

The cupboards have no collision and you can jump through them. Not a biggie but anyway.
dark6.jpg

This wheel looks like it's raised off the ground a few inches.
dark7.jpg

All the out of bounds issues from way back appear to be gone so just these few small things.

Upvote 0
Just a couple more.

The collision on this rock is a bit troublesome for players and bots. The bots typically get stuck on here whereas the players just have collision sticky points.

dark8.jpg

The textures in this room have a number of alignments that look like each wall is suffering from subsidence. And I don't know if this wooden texture was intentional.

dark9.jpg

Upvote 0