• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Winners of Wave 1 Grindhouse Custom Map Contest

Lolz.

Mine and Kyben's nicknames were switched. That's odd. I wonder how that happened. According to your news post. I AM KYBEN.
Jeezuz, wouldn't that be a twist.

Turns out I'm not, I have not even played Black Sierra yet. But I digress.
Congrats to all. Me and Corey now have a battle to the death over the mouse. :D

Waterworks did deserve high rankings. I knew Swamp was fairly simplistic in Gameplay, (run around finding lights) and has many exploits and bugs, so I didn't have high hopes for it in this wave. I'm in the process of revisiting the map, testing and honing it up for wave 2. Kyben and I are busy. New map. Wave 2.
Bring it.

Upvote 0
Mine and Kyben's nicknames were switched. That's odd. I wonder how that happened. According to your news post. I AM KYBEN. Jeezuz, wouldn't that be a twist.
LOL... I did wonder. We forgot to ask for people's nicks on the entry form, so I had to guess the pairings of real names to nicks. I had to go and get one of them wrong!

Upvote 0
Does TWI plan to offer their critiques and reasoning as to why certain maps did or did not win? I thought the purpose of pushing back the wave 2 deadline was to allow the map authors to take in the "feedback" from the wave 1 results, but I only see about one vague sentence dedicated solely to WaterWorks. Although it's nice to have the list of winners, it doesn't explain why they won, thus merely leaving everyone to make their own assumptions.

In particular, I'm curious to know how DegenerationSPV2C made it in as a runner-up seeing as the map is the virtual antithesis of what the rules required, namely that it's singleplayer-only, doesn't have any traders, only uses scripted specimen spawns instead of the typical wave gameplay, makes liberal use of unexplained and invisible player blocking walls, is incredibly buggy (cut scenes break the HUD, killing specimens causes split-second freezes, the ladder), and so on.

Upvote 0