• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What will we see from RO:HoS at GamesCom 2009?

i think some minor free aim in iron sights is realistic, i dont think that a gun while in iron sights is totally glued to one place on your shoulder.

no but in order to properly assign the sights they are allways dead center in your view
its as simple as that
because in order to move the sights aligned inside your viewpoint(while staying focused on it) the human eye would have to work different

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, John shouldnt be in here quoting a post meant for a specific person and argument. It wasnt aimed at TWI, it was posted in response to Morm saying 'they owe us nothing'. If a game company wants to keep the base they have, the guaranteed sales, then they do need to make the game that the base wants to play. It's not about owing anybody anything.

One thing that doesnt need to happen is to keep explaining why they're adding features to make the game easier. I totally understand why. In all honesty I would like nothing more for TWI than to see them dripping wagyu kebab juice on their Fioravanti suits while doing donuts in their Lamborghinis.

The only thing I've latched onto and shown concern about is the aim-zoom thing. The reason for this is because, for me, it creates much more eye fatigue and is an immersion breaker. I like the reasoning behind adding the zoom, but theres got to be a better way of doing it. Also, I dont think this will be one of those things that can be turned off. We'll have it in easy and hard mode. Mutators wont be able to get rid of it either. All of the other fluff being added will be able to be turned off or removed with mutators, so theres no point in hanging your hat on complaining about those things.

So after this post there shouldnt be anyone saying 'oh they're making the game more accessible (nicer way of saying easier) so they can sell more units'. I know that. Nor should anyone be saying 'doood, it's only an alpha'. I know that ffs.

Discussion is good, even when discussing shakey-cam vids.. devs need to know where the wants of their paying base are so they can make sure they dont detract too far from that formula when trying to bring in new customers. One thing I tire quickly of is fanboys who somehow find offense at people discussing things their favorite game company is doing, but thats forums for ya.

Upvote 0
since I defended FOV correction since before this game was even announced, I seriously hope that what you say its true and FOV correction can't be shut off

and yes I am one that was annoyed by the adition of GPS and the extra information of the cap bar and that sort of stuff in ostfront, because they are not realistic and provides some help that you shouldnt have in RL not even combining all your other senses together in other words I do want to play the most realistic setting.

however, for me FOV correction is realistic and good for gameplay so I want it in there

Upvote 0
I thought we already eliminated the concept that we no one cares about what individual people FEEL, and that TWI were aiming for a realistic view. It's not like this magical zoom is going to make the game easier to play, it's not any more immersion breaking than popping up an overhead map (as opposed to animating pulling one out), or what have you.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good vids there.

I'm starting to get used to this FOV zoom thing but I noticed that you can zoom again when aiming. This zoom is definatly more than normal human vision, you could see small details at the other end of the train platform over 100m away. Didn't one FOV zoom shock the commnity enough?

The near miss indicator has still got to go, unrealistic, unnessesary and annoying. Even arcade shooters don't give you this kind of help.
When you get a near miss a much better idea would be to darken/blur the whole screen (which increases with more near misses) and you've got yourself a suppression system.

I noticed you can sprint awfully fast up/down stairs too.

Some Qs:
Is the weapon resting system still in use? I didn't see the icon come up in the vids when it would usually appear.
How open is the map shown? Can I use the bidge, climb the tower or go around the outside of the station?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes let's stifle creativity and imagination and replace them instead with the old and the weary...lol... or better still let's not build a new game at all and start looking at ways we can make a game that will never change or alter in anyway what so ever...:D

not every change is progress.

When you get a near miss a much better idea would be to darken/blur the whole screen (which increases with more near misses) and you've got yourself a suppression system.

you know what's a good suppression system? the potential for you to get shot in the head if you don't find cover.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you know what's a good suppression system? the potential for you to get shot in the head if you don't find cover.

Only works if you're actually afraid to die. Unless RO:HOS comes with a lethal injection that automatically pumps into you when you get killed in game, a suppression system will be best.

Anyway, I hope the free-aim while in IS is lessened with the rifles, where you would get better "cheek weld."

Upvote 0