• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Etiquette and Decorum in the face of a Zombocalypse.

Ihmhi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
www.asseater.org
I think every game has its little unspoken rules of courtesy. Let's make 'em spoken.

With me personally, I hate to see "X had an aneurysm." That translates to "X left the game, and there goes all the money you gave him as well as that gun you helped him find and..." etc.

So the first act of courtesy: if you're going to leave the game midway, drop your guns (they'll stick around pretty much forever) and give your cash to someone else.

While this may seem strange to the newer players, in the higher difficulties like Hard and Suicidal shooting a Flesh Pound can generally be a bad thing. Leave the Flesh Pounds to your Berserker, and don't go shooting them while your Berserker is going for the decap. That just makes things harder.

And of course, my last and most important contribution... don't block the Trader door.

Anyone else case to share little bits of KF Etiquette?

Shoot fleshpounds as the zerker tries to decap them and then laugh.

Seriouslly. Decapping FP's is broken wether TWI wants to admit it or not, lately i've had farts that were more challenging than playing KF in its current state.

While the money thing is true some people are trying to get out of game asap and standing there throwing their money away takes too long, if you can't afford to supply someone else without gimping yourself, don't supply them.

Stealing peoples beheaded mobs is kinda lame but meh, i play the game for fun not because i think theres some 'unspoken code' in the KF community, each player is playing their own game... maybe it should become an unspoken rule to remember that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dumping all your guns and cash before you log is just commonsense.

Another is buy a gun for a new joiner who spawns at the other end of the map and drop it outside the trader for.

As for giving cash and then logging I've so many of them I just shrug now. Normally its...

1. I need money
2. Thanks
3. Emo log when they realise its a friendly fire server.

Upvote 0
It'd be nice if players would automatically throw cash out in random directions when they leave, and perhaps their weapons.

Lol, I just had an image of a player logging out and their character model literally exploding in a shower of money and weapons. Of course the server message would change from "Player A had an aneuyerism" to "Player A BURST!!!" :D

(I'm a sick, sick man x"P )

Upvote 0
That would actually be really nice. Kinda like rings in a sonic game?

Although if I were broke I might be tempted to kick someone for their money... :p

If not, maybe a "drop all money" button.

Addition to the list: if you're going to die and its early waves, have your pistol out when you die. This way, someone else can pick up a second 9mm and use it or sell it.

Upvote 0
how about when you die have all of your weapons show up instead of the one you died while using i don't like seeing people pull out a katana the switch to medi gun to self heal and then die while doing such that's 1000 somone could have save what is more annoying when this happens is when i pick up a weapon for another player so that he or she does not have to buy it again but i die while using the medi gun

Upvote 0
unless the rest of your team needs time to get to the trader, i understand that for some people it is frustrating to wait but is more frusterating is when you have door to unweld and stairs to climb so that when you do get to the trader you have 20 secs to get to the closest defensible spot when if you had scrwed with with last clots head a little you would have 40 instead of 20

Upvote 0
unless the rest of your team needs time to get to the trader, i understand that for some people it is frustrating to wait but is more frusterating is when you have door to unweld and stairs to climb so that when you do get to the trader you have 20 secs to get to the closest defensible spot when if you had scrwed with with last clots head a little you would have 40 instead of 20

20 seconds is plenty of time.

You don't even get that much from the spawn to some stores on Farm, London and Foundry.

Upvote 0
I'd like it if there were player spawns outside of each trader, and when you join during trader time it spawns you outside of the current one. :D

That would be awesome.

Also I agree on the "drop every weapon when you die" suggestion.

I mean, at least my team mates could grab my weapons to defend themselves! Or uh, to keep them for me so I don't have to spend money when I respawn. Or leave them there so I can grab them.

Or anything other than them vanishing into thin air. :p

Upvote 0
I dislike it when players with really low level perks or just new players join a suicidal game. Not so much if they know how keep up and what to do, but that's often not the case. I know people are allowed to join any difficulty they want, but they need to realise that they increase the difficulty of a game by a lot more than they think, once you get into the later waves having 2 players who can't handle themselves join is pretty much having your death warrant signed.

An example of this would be a game my friend Arclight and I were having a week or so ago. We were on westlondon/suicidal/long. We'd managed to hold by ourselves without any trouble all the way up to the end of wave 6, 2 players on suicidal is pretty much easy mode. Nearing the end of wave 6 however, 4 players jumped into the game and were waiting in spectator mode. Now the trader opens and we have 4 players pile into the shop, all of them had perks lower than level 3, so they were either pretty new to the game or they were trying to level a perk. None of then having level 5s meant that they had no guns to start off with, and because me and my friend were both support specialing, we didn't have any spare money.

Well the next wave starts, we're holding in the tunnels when suddenly two scrakes wander into the rear end of the tunnel and kill ALL 4 NEW PLAYERS, straight away. Leaving me and my friend in a situation which we had no hope of handling while we were support, fleshpound wanders in, we both die.

Simply put, there should be a warning that pops up for players who don't already have a level 5 perk or have never played suicidal mode before, warning them of some of the problems they may cause if they go into a suicidal game. I've had a lot of games go downhill fast because of a couple of late joiners, it's hardly their fault if they don't know, but it sucks.

Upvote 0
"Simply put, there should be a warning that pops up for players who don't already have a level 5 perk or have never played suicidal mode before, warning them of some of the problems they may cause if they go into a suicidal game. I've had a lot of games go downhill fast because of a couple of late joiners, it's hardly their fault if they don't know, but it sucks."

This, I suggested it at the steam forums, since most people probably don't know they joined a suicidal game until in game

Upvote 0
Easiest solution, period:

When a player leaves, all his remaining weapons are immediately sold and the money added to his total money. Then that total amount is divided evenly between all remaining players. All this would happen in under a split second, require on a tiny bit of coding, and would make it so that any player leaving would, at the very least, give back whatever he had.

Impliment that and the problem is solved completely, as you can STILL give money/weapons to your preferred players (Player at the top of the scoreboard instead of the noob) before you leave if you so desire.

Simple solution to an ongoing problem. Just like disabling player collision during trader time. Why Tripwire didn't recognize and impliment these solutions is beyond me, as it seems like simple logic to me...

Upvote 0
I actually like players leaving us in the brown stuff. Adds to the challenge and makes it all rather hairy for the next wave. I'd rather not see all the quitter's stuff dropped that just makes it easier. Wearing my realism hat if one of your team die you are not going to spend 5 minutes rifling through his pockets to blag all his cash and grab all his weapons. You going to grab what he went down with and is easy to reach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually like players leaving us in the brown stuff. Adds to the challenge and makes it all rather hairy for the next wave. I'd rather not see all the quitter's stuff dropped that just makes it easier. Wearing my realism hat if one of your team die you are not going to spend 5 minutes rifling through his pockets to blag all his cash and grab all his weapons. You going to grab what he went down with and is easy to reach.

You do make a valid point - I for one also like the added challenge of addition zeds

Upvote 0