• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Dammage

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
I'll edit news in here. See the original release post with screenshots below the dotted line.

So far the map is still in heavy testing! I will notify you when I deem a version stable enough to be spread around. Until then, please realize you aren't downloading this to have fun but to help me test. Thank you for your help and understanding. A stable version should come out soon.
--
V3b is out! Grab it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/284480144/KF-DammageV3b.rar
http://www.filefront.com/14593187/KF-DammageV3b.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dyzj2etwwzn

What's new?
- fixed helis and other special effects not showing up for clients in network games
- tweaked foam on the big and the small river
- tweaked waves on the lake

This is the version that will be entered in the competition.

--
V3 is out! Grab it here:
(links removed. See above for the most up to date version)[/URL]

What's new?

- fixed more exploits. Again.
- improved the water. I hope you like it.
- fixed level preview showing up blurry for people who had their texture details on Low

--
V2c is out! Grab it here:
(links removed. See above for the most up to date version)

What's new?
- I think I fixed the "ZEDs getting stuck outside the map" once and for all! I played four full suicidal games and didn't get a ZED stuck outside, so knock on wood. Please report it here if one still gets stuck!
- fixed exploitable areas
- added level preview and story for menu
- added sky with moving clouds
- changed fog-color back to blueish. Together with the new sky it should look a lot more natural now! See below for new screenshots!
- added some more decoration and railings
- low-end gamers can now turn World Detail in the menu to low now to disable quite a few decorations that are just eye-candy to boost their performance on the map a good deal!
I'm playing with a single-core Athlon 3000+ with 1.6 GHz, 1 measly GB of RAM and a heavily underclocked (!) 6600GT with 128MB VRAM at 1680*1050*32, everything maxed out except AA and AF and I get ~30-60 frames per second with World Detail on High. With World Detail on Low it runs even better so people with even slower machines than my box should be able to have a good time on this as well. Let me know how it runs on your machines!

New screenshots:
Shot00050-2.jpg

Shot00051-2.jpg

Shot00055-1.jpg

--
V2b is out! Grab it here:

What's new?
- fixed an issue with a Teleporter that had ZEDs teleport through a loop
- fixed some ZombieVolumes

--
V2 is out! Grab it here:

What's new?
-music
-Helis don't fly back anymore!
-specimens shouldn't get under the terrain anymore
-random items and ammo pick-ups
-mini-freezes between waves should be fixed now
-the red trader pixie now always points to the correct trader
-the red trader pixie now suggests sensible routes
-fixed a place near the tunnel where players could almost get stuck

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
1. Name: Dammage
2. Filename(s): KF-DammageV1.rom
3. Version: Beta
4. Description:
A dam. Specimens can spawn regularly in the level or be flown in via Helicopter or launched into the level in dro-pods.

Mappers are allowed to use 100% of what they find in the map as long as I get a small mention in the readme.

5. Screenshots:

Shot00050-1.jpg

Shot00051-1.jpg

Shot00052-1.jpg

Shot00053-1.jpg

6. Download:
See the top for the most up-to-date version!

7. Known problems:t.
- minor synchronisation issues with the pods. Doesn't affect gameplay but doesn't look pitch-perfect yet.

This is a beta! Expect it to have many more problems. If you find some, please report them here so I can fix them.
Thank you for testing this map!

Last edited:
Look awesome but what is the size of the map? Is it huge? Is it bigger than KF-Foundry? KF-NorthSea looked really good but was nearly unplayable because it was too huge, the specimens couldn't reach you etc. I hope this map will put a lot of pressure on the players gameplay-wise.

Upvote 0