• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Tripwire is runing our maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fel is telling the truth.

White listing is making bad to the game. Good players suffer, exploiters don't care.

People find always ways to exploit and cheat their levels. I still see this happening. And I am not talking about standing on a roof here...

I am once again giving my vote here against white listing. I did not like it when it came and I don't like it now.

If a gamer quits playing because he has reached the top, the game has failed. The leveling should not the main purpose of gaming.

Upvote 0
I think it's partly the LT clans fault as they have been given the job of updating the whitelist

LT disbanded and are gone forever. Talk about overpromising and under delivering. They all (all 2 of them that is) buggered of to play some sniper game. The end.

"Hello all, I'm {OCS}MasterSeal, original founder, Scriptor, Server owner, Site author, and administrator of [LT] (Ludus Tempus Multi-Game clan)

I just want you all to know that after a few months of being used by freeloading teenagers, and a community that offered little to ZERO % support monetarily, we're forced to use this free site that is provided because We have a server for our current clan {OCS}. This is a small site with little bandwidth, and little space. it will be used as a forums for communication for people still playing on the KF server until September 25th, when the last donation runs out. if anyone is interested in donating more cash for the KF server to remain up with all the maps and fine mutators making it at one point the 11th server on Gametracker's stats page, you can send me a PM and we'll discuss matters at that time.

enjoy the server for the last month as it will be gone again on the 25th of September, unless we have enough cash to keep it up. it's only $12.00 a month..but no one cared to donate out of the 3,500+ people that played on it, including the 100+ players that registered on the old site... This is unacceptable (there were 3 people that donated but the funds were quickly used up as one donation was $15.00, the other $25.00 and donations for [LT] are for the CLAN itself, not just any specific service or server etc. that's why it's called a DONATION. not a payment for services rendered. now there's enough cash left for the rest of this month already paid $12.00 and then next month, another $12.00 the one dollar or so out of the last $25.00 was taken up in Paypal fees. This doesn't include the site payment, or the Ventrilo payment either. those alone are $15.00 a month on top of the KF server's payment etc. if anyone wants to help keep this server up, you know where to find me. I'm not putting any more time into this KF thing because I put months into it...hours of uploading, getting the mix and mutators to work right.. etc. in my own clan server for the MOD then again for this retail version. both times it all came out of my time and everyone's pockets in this clan. won't happen again.

the freeloaders will have to find another place to play. as far as {OCS} our multi-server sniper clan/site and vent.. it's going strong. we actually have contributing members there whom wish to keep their place to play available. which is how it should be.

Cheers.

...Seal..."

Personally I think its because no one else who joined their servers had a moustache.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LT disbanded and are gone forever. Talk about overpromising and under delivering. They all (all 2 of them that is) buggered of to play some sniper game. The end.

"Hello all, I'm {OCS}MasterSeal, original founder, Scriptor, Server owner, Site author, and administrator of [LT] (Ludus Tempus Multi-Game clan)

I just want you all to know that after a few months of being used by freeloading teenagers, and a community that offered little to ZERO % support monetarily, we're forced to use this free site that is provided because We have a server for our current clan {OCS}. This is a small site with little bandwidth, and little space. it will be used as a forums for communication for people still playing on the KF server until September 25th, when the last donation runs out. if anyone is interested in donating more cash for the KF server to remain up with all the maps and fine mutators making it at one point the 11th server on Gametracker's stats page, you can send me a PM and we'll discuss matters at that time.

enjoy the server for the last month as it will be gone again on the 25th of September, unless we have enough cash to keep it up. it's only $12.00 a month..but no one cared to donate out of the 3,500+ people that played on it, including the 100+ players that registered on the old site... This is unacceptable (there were 3 people that donated but the funds were quickly used up as one donation was $15.00, the other $25.00 and donations for [LT] are for the CLAN itself, not just any specific service or server etc. that's why it's called a DONATION. not a payment for services rendered. now there's enough cash left for the rest of this month already paid $12.00 and then next month, another $12.00 the one dollar or so out of the last $25.00 was taken up in Paypal fees. This doesn't include the site payment, or the Ventrilo payment either. those alone are $15.00 a month on top of the KF server's payment etc. if anyone wants to help keep this server up, you know where to find me. I'm not putting any more time into this KF thing because I put months into it...hours of uploading, getting the mix and mutators to work right.. etc. in my own clan server for the MOD then again for this retail version. both times it all came out of my time and everyone's pockets in this clan. won't happen again.

the freeloaders will have to find another place to play. as far as {OCS} our multi-server sniper clan/site and vent.. it's going strong. we actually have contributing members there whom wish to keep their place to play available. which is how it should be.

Cheers.

...Seal..."

Personally I think its because no one else who joined their servers had a moustache.

Hey LT. If you need a place to hang your hat come on over to my site. TCH is a multi clan site. You can where your tags or TCH if you become a member. The only ones I require to wear tags are people that compete with TCH. We have the Havens and the Hassassins. I have 2 servers right now for KF. Both are Hard with custom maps. I do all the work right now. I enjoy it. I really do not care if they are whitelisted or not. I just want people to enjoy my servers. When I feel up to a good game then I want to play.

I have a forrums and a website. With a couple little sponsors. Its one of those click on this and buy and I get 1-4 percent. Not much but in a year it could make $100. Since we all use Newegg they have been our biggest. Again you are more then welcome to hang your hat in our regular forrums. We are always looking for mature competitive players. I hope to get a team going for comp in some FPS game in the future. Love to compete.

I am the owner and founder. Final word is mine. However I am not an person that is over bearing. I try to run a democratic system. When it gets ugly I will throw my weight around.

This applys to anyone who needs a place to go. Just not LT. However like I said we look for mature people. Usually 18 or older. However maturity counts more then age. I do not charge a fee. However this a donation button if you desire. We try to watch our language in ventrillo and not be anoying. If we slip we just apologize and move on. NO DRAMA. You cause drama your gone.

Sorry to make the thread go this way. However I felt it must be said.

ONE LAST THING!!!!!! HACKS AND CHEATERS NEED NOT APPLY OR COME TO OUR VENT.
:mad:

If you have done it and the past leave it behind you. If your caught using a hack YOUR GONE. In competitions Clan loose face if you are caught cheating. So we do not want you. Glitching in regular games happen. Thats why we fix the glitches. However HACKERS go somewhere else. We just want to play and have a good time.:D

Upvote 0
I'm not an expert at this but here's my idea. Why do you have to download an update, to update new maps on the whitelist. Why can't it be on a global KF database, and not locally on your machine? So when you are about to start a game, it quiclly looks up on the database if the map is allowed (whitelisted), before playing it. If this is possible at all, surely this is much more efficient?

I agree. I wish this were possible. Maybe Tripwire could make this happen..?
The current system seems to have been too slow lately.

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

Fel is telling the truth.

White listing is making bad to the game. Good players suffer, exploiters don't care.

People find always ways to exploit and cheat their levels. I still see this happening. And I am not talking about standing on a roof here...

I am once again giving my vote here against white listing. I did not like it when it came and I don't like it now.

If a gamer quits playing because he has reached the top, the game has failed. The leveling should not the main purpose of gaming.

I second that Fel. Leveling to the top should not be end of the game. The custom maps and upgrades could keep this going. However people want to also earn as they go. So if you want both sides of the fence then you have to appeal majority. If these people are worried about exploits let them run there own servers. They can choose the maps they want. If they do not like the exploiters they can kick or ban them. Exploiters can get there own servers have there own rules. They can also have there own maps.

People who really care about there maps will go here and publish them. Before if an exploiter wanted to he could just do it in single player if he was smart enough. I had one called shooting range once to see what it was. I admit I played with it once or twice with a mutator for fun. Then got rid of it. Just wanted to try the map. Found out it was just a leveling map and trashed it. It was fun as hell running around with all Fleshpounders in the map trying not to die. Run back over the wall heal up and restock and go at it again. LMAO. We even had the Fleshys follow us over the wall. The ones that where really exploiting where like oh my god I dont want to die. LMAO.:D

I may be a rookie map maker. However I have been in clans for a while. I know have my own. So I know if a game can not keep majority of the group interested then it dies.

I am a big COD fan also. I hung my hat for awhile until the new one comes out. Like I have said in other forums I like to compete. I have a tendacy to scare people of in our servers. So right now I just go in and play easy with an a affiliate group. Changed my servers over to KF. My plan is to keep both when COD MW2 comes out. However if it dies then I will not.

Upvote 0
don t you notice how in everyone's custom map server tracker there is almost always 0 players in the game. unless the server master or clan members play in that server, no on is gonna join because must have the perkable maps only filter on so it doesnt evcen show up on the server list. If they updated the whitelist more often, we would not have that problem.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

Similar to COD. That may be an option. So when people are looking for a map server. You could click on perk only. If the custom map is level up map it would show up on the filter list.

Yea I noticed the server zero. That's why I may get rid of one. That or switch it to just regular maps only. I have no problem supporting a server that is being played. Not an empty one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If we split our testers into 2 groups it would take twice as long to review content. They were given almost 60 maps to test only 2 weeks ago, so this whitelist update is going to take longer than the previous only because of the volume of maps added at once.
If i had a team of 3 people i could test all of those maps in about 6 hours......

Upvote 0
If we split our testers into 2 groups it would take twice as long to review content. They were given almost 60 maps to test only 2 weeks ago, so this whitelist update is going to take longer than the previous only because of the volume of maps added at once.

He has a point. One forgets whilst we may have added just a couple of the best maps from the competition to the server there's still another 58 out there sucking the life out of them.

Upvote 0
Gonna stick my neck out here and proberly shoot my self in the foot, but eh thats life.

I cant believe the level of animosity in this thread title, I find it ungrateful on the most part. This company has to be one of most user friendly groups I have come across in nearly 10 years of gaming. I can name larger companies who only use community managers to deal with everything leaving the user well out the loop for the main.

The level of support both for the game and its users by the actual dev team itself is something that can not be bought.

The title of this thread is a direct slam to the same company that has given you the ability to create your map. providing you with not only with the SDK but a great set of tools. like stated above I could also name several larger companies who have failed at both these tasks as well. This company deserves more from you! these are not the fat cats hiding behind " smoke and mirrors" as I have seen it called in other places.

I cant believe that people are actually getting so fired up over this process when at the end of the day it is a game and nothing more.

Now you can slam me for things i have said in this post but you cant take away the truth. The issue does stands, it does effect people but there are ways to go about things and this is not it. I find it childish to say the least.

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
filthy: its all about getting attention. you find it everywhere - in newspapers, television, radio, magazines, its all about getting the attention of as many ppl as possible.

i love TWI but hopefully theyve learned from this mistake. even though they provide us with the SDK, no one wants to play our maps because they arent whitelisted.

and as for a long list of maps to test from the competition. most of them, yes, most of them are pretty bad, quickly thrown together, but thats expected when you offer prizes, people like prizes, and if it means spending an hour on a map, then so be it.

wave 2 i imagine will be even less maps, but higher quality.

Upvote 0
If i had a team of 3 people i could test all of those maps in about 6 hours......

I have never heard such a whiny bunch of babies in my life.

Fel, you are totally talking out of your arse. Testing a level doesn't just mean firing it up and playing it for a while, it's a long and complicated process requiring careful examination of the product. There are professional testers whose sole job is to test games and levels, and you're saying you could do their job faster and better than they could?

TW have a got a hard job ahead of them, testing each map to make sure it isn't exploitative. Given the size of their team, they're doing a fine job. Faster turnaround on the whitelist would be great, but I'm not going to cry about it like an ungrateful little turd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

Personally I was not trying to say anything bad. The only reason I got involved wast the slam on LT. I just wanted to let them know there are others out there to hang out. From then on I was just drawn in. I personally love the game. I am having a blast learning the SDK. I spend hours just tweaking. Find something and go hummm what can I do with this. I would love to get paid to play and make games. So Tripwire has some real respect from me. I was trying to make a positive out of a negative. The title said Tripewire is runing our maps. Thats why I read it. I think the person had a spelling mistake. That or did it on purpouse. LOL

Upvote 0
"The issue does stands, it does effect people but there are ways to go about things and this is not it. I find it childish to say the least."

I understand fully Dex, but come on trooper there are ways of doing things and this is just silly.

If someone was to talk to me on the street in the same way this thread has been directed I would knock em the k out. So how an attack like this will work as a benefit i cant comprehend.

I truly do understand the whitelist plight as it stands, I just don't like the thread title one bit.

Yes i resent it, no im not sucking up, just saying what I see.

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

I have never heard such a whiny bunch of babies in my life.

Fel, you are totally talking out of your arse. Testing a level doesn't just mean firing it up and playing it for a while, it's a long and complicated process requiring careful examination of the product. There are professional testers whose sole job is to test games and levels, and you're saying you could do their job faster and better than they could?

TW have a got a hard job ahead of them, testing each map to make sure it isn't exploitative. Given the size of their team, they're doing a fine job. Faster turnaround on the whitelist would be great, but I'm not going to cry about it like an ungrateful little turd.

Even that is kind of negative. However everyone has their own opinion. I still like my idea I had of just let them have all maps level maps like before. Leave it up to the servers, clans, and admins to filter out the trash. If they want to cheat then fine. They can do it on some other server. However they are welcome to comeback and play for real anytime. One thing that was nice was if you did find a problem in the map and could not get a hold of the owner you could fix it yourself. I have had a few people have me do simple stuff for them. Like take care of a spawn point that zombies get caught in between walls. This way Tripwire can concentrate on making new maps, weapons, perks, enimies or whatever. Put the responsiblity back on us who do care about having decent servers. Let the players decide what the good maps are. Becuase the bad maps will disapear.

Upvote 0
Even that is kind of negative. However everyone has their own opinion. I still like my idea I had of just let them have all maps level maps like before. Leave it up to the servers, clans, and admins to filter out the trash. If they want to cheat then fine. They can do it on some other server. However they are welcome to comeback and play for real anytime. One thing that was nice was if you did find a problem in the map and could not get a hold of the owner you could fix it yourself. I have had a few people have me do simple stuff for them. Like take care of a spawn point that zombies get caught in between walls. This way Tripwire can concentrate on making new maps, weapons, perks, enimies or whatever. Put the responsiblity back on us who do care about having decent servers. Let the players decide what the good maps are. Becuase the bad maps will disapear.

yea he was being a little negitive towards me....what an angry person.

Neways yes let the clans and the server master decide what maps to play

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.