• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add flashlight on every weapon possible.

Deniz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Title says it all. Why? Because currently most players hate playing on dark maps. Reason? You have to switch to the pistol (except for the shotgun and maybe some others I can't remember). This causes all the dark areas on dark maps to be totally ignored. Players mostly camp in the areas with light.

Just because you have to switch weapons.

Personally I'd enjoy more dark maps if the flashlight was available for every weapon possible.

Eh...I get the reason why they did it. To force you to either deal with the darkness with your weapon of choice, or suffer a moment of weakness by having to switch to your flashlight. Though it certainly is a little annoying.

How about one of those massive arse mag lights for a light/melee weapon? :3

Upvote 0
What about the option to purchase night-vision goggles or something? You wouldn't need to modify any weapon models for it, nor would you need special animations.

Just tossing that in there because every gun having a mounted flashlight seems a little over the top in regards to effort. Also, the weapons are about as complicated as they need to be, imo. I'm running out of buttons on my mouse to assign to weapon tasks. :p

Upvote 0
I do not support sorry D:

the only reason i don't because i think they did it nicely, if people ignore those areas, then whatever i personally like them areas, needing to have a support person put on their flashlight or having to take my pistol out. Because it gives support more of a support role, and sense they have it on their shotty they are not weighed down by doing less damage, while other not support classes would have to take out their pistol.

if it wasen't a class like game, then i would be with the idea 100%

Upvote 0
Yo dawg I herd u like flashlights so we put a flashlight on ur flashlight so you can light while u light.

xzibit.jpg

-Joker

Upvote 0
I could see a bull-pup mounted tac-light, but for the other guns, no. That's one thing that bugs me about L4D is how you always have a flashlight on even when you switch guns, switch to molotovs, heal yourself, whatever. It's like you have an invisible head-mounted light or something.

This is how STALKER handled flashlights: everyone wore these.

images%2Fproducts%2Fmain%2Fheadlamp_app.jpg

Upvote 0
The problem is that no one bothers with the flashlight when you have to switch weapons, it's more of a burden than anything, people just ignore dark areas on maps. The dark areas are generally considered "non playable".

Some people misunderstood what I meant, I didn't say the chainsaw should get a flashlight. Read the title again. I don't see why the Bullup shouldn't get one for example.

Upvote 0