• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Firebug Weapons

Here's an idea:

- Make the LAW do much higher damage while keeping its splash small. This way it is meant to quickly kill the large Specimens. Loath as I am to give it to Support, it really isn't appropriate for any other class. Maybe to compensate, give the "increased grenade capacity and damage" to Commando?

That is a good suggestion, I was hoping for the same as well. Except without the LAW damage increase. What I'd like instead would be ability to knock the specimen it hit (Scrake, FP) over for a second or two.

- Give the Firebug an M202 (basically, an incendiary rocket launcher). It has low initial damage but a very large splash radius, and sets everything it hits (including the ground) on fire. Weighs the same as the LAW. Reloads from a four-rocket clip, and can reload once per level of Firebug perk. Its fire burns much hotter than napalm and therefore does more damage.

Why just not make the rockets set things on fire trough the means of a perk bonus like what has been done with the normal grenades?

Upvote 0
This way the LAW becomes the precision weapon for use against big guys, and the M202 becomes the area-effect weapon for use against large mobs of small Specimens.

For large groups of small specimens, a flamethrower is THE best choice by far if you are a firebug. And the LAW is (supposedly) for larger specimens. You can't really carry them both so you would have to use one of the two. And I know that if I really wanted to be using a "normal" LAW I'd change perk to support anyway because of it's massive weight. Which would make the fire rocket perk bonus fill the niche for needing incendiary rockets nicely.

Of course, the fire rocket fired by Firebug from LAW could have much more intense fire than a fire grenade and have smaller splash radius.

Upvote 0
You could always just make the flamethrower more specialized with a few varieties to choose from. Like one that doesn't do direct damage but sets an area on fire for a period of time (area denial)

That's one problem: The specimens are too stupid for that. They will gleefully wade into flames...

Also, folks keep saying to make the LAW a big-specimen slayer. I'm all for that, but I think it may not be what the devs intended. Poking around in the SDK reveals that Fleshpounds have 50% resistance to LAW damage!!! Even if they rebalance the weapon, unless that's fixed, it won't do much...

Upvote 0
Why not a gas canister with a lighter? You pour the gas on the floor, leaving a trail to where the specimens will follow. Once it is empty, you take the lighter, light it. POOF! :cool:

EDIT: Or, put a little rag inside the gas can, light the little sucker up, and throw it at the specimens. It'll explode, potentially exploding and having severe splash damage and a wide blast radius.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why not a gas canister with a lighter? You pour the gas on the floor, leaving a trail to where the specimens will follow. Once it is empty, you take the lighter, light it. POOF! :cool:

EDIT: Or, put a little rag inside the gas can, light the little sucker up, and throw it at the specimens. It'll explode, potentially exploding and having severe splash damage and a wide blast radius.

might be a little hard to implement but would be entertaining

Upvote 0
I agree with the grenade launcher idea, however I also think an intuitive way to improve the firebug would be:

As your Firebug level increases, the weight of the flamethrower goes DOWN. Since it has such little ammo but great power, the firebug already has to pick and choose when to shoot. Allowing the class to carry another weapon (like for instance, a shotgun if its level 5) would give the firebug more longetivity in a firefight but keeping it balanced in terms of damage due to only carrying stock weapons as backup.

Upvote 0
With everyone suggesting A gas can and matches or some kind of variation, all I can think of is importing the Postal 2 gas can, since the game ran on the same engine as Killing Floor if I remember correctly.

I can sense something fun about making a wall of insane flame. I had a thought that while it was lit, instead of damaging specimens, it could merely act like a 20 second wall and be used to divert them around it, but having a very limited ammunition, so that player couldn't just make a circle around themselves for an entire 10 waves. This way, the Flamebug could becaome a far more strategic class and hopefully attract more players to use it. If not, I stil support the idea of a better LAW or incendiary rockets.

Upvote 0
Gas Canister + lighter/matches is the best idea so far.

Pros:

• Realistic (One of the fist effective weapons available to you in case of zombie apocalypse)
  • Walls of fire
  • Fire traps
  • ULTIMATE BADASS

Cons:
  • Slow

820003-gas_canaster_super.jpg

Upvote 0
1. molotof cock tail - used like a granade but a little more range in the explosion site and then only ignites the zombies doing less damage so that its not a a powerfull replacment to the gernade.
2.torch- a fire melee weapion that can be used if you run out of of ammo with flame thrower it basicly catches the zombies on fire but thats it yet its so that it does not replace any other weapions in the beserker class and if you want you can make it have a limmited burning time pure round
3.alternate flame thrower- what im thinking is to have a flame thrower that will instead a constant stream of fire this ones more close up like the pyro in tf2 but instead it will shoot short but power bursts of flames my thoughts are to make the delay time be 3 seconds after every blast.
4. fire mine or timed explosive- although this i dont realy like i had to get it out there what im thinking is a mine or timed fire mine that creates a fire explosion but this seems like like people would be able to exploit the weapion so idk.

there my ideas tell me what yu think :D

Upvote 0
Right. I suggest a flare gun, but not as a weapon. You could have it do piddly damage, but it's primary purpose would be to illuminate dark areas for the other players.

Alternately, a supply of flares to the same effect. You drop one, it burns for a few minutes, people can see what they're shooting at for a bit.

It's fire based, it's useful, it gives the class a bit of teamplay potential.

Upvote 0