• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Hospikill PREVIEW ONLY

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk
I would like to share my latest project with you all, I know I just cant stop!!! I do manage to get the odd bit of sex in though! even if most of it is with myself :p

The setting is a run down hospital with multiple wards, surgeory clinics, canteen and rooftop helepad that has become a feeding ground for the zeds. Your mission is simple clear them out or get eaten.

KFHospikill1a.jpg

KFHospikill2a.jpg

KFHospikill3a.jpg

KFHospikill4a.jpg

KFHospikill5a.jpg

KFHospikill6a.jpg

KFHospikill7a.jpg

KFHospikill8a.jpg

Enjoy troopers and hopefully we will see a beta soonish. Map is about 60% atm and just waiting to clean up my last project kf-filthscross-v2

Cheers all

Filthy.

Hey JustFilth, really enjoy all of the maps you've created thus far.
I think one of the reason this map doesnt have that true hospital feel to it is because of the floor mesh. The problem with the floor is that its too bumpy, almost like its carpet. If smoothed out, and given an almost glossy look, I think it would really tie everything together.

Here is a good picture of an abandoned hospital I found curtosy of Google, [url]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2280/2193319207_dd140b9b51.jpg[/URL]
The water on the floors, and the paint ripped off the walls and ceilings would add a lot of life to your map too :)

Really love the grunge look so far! Good work

Upvote 0
Some things to consider:

(1) Tiled floors - similarly to how i made Hotel, except the lobbies should have carpeting and the halls would have reflective tiles (the opposite of what I had).
(2) Removal of the pipes/vents in the halls (they should remain above the ceiling tiles). The way you have it makes it look more like a lab than a hospital.
(3) This is just me, but have actual stairwells. This would make it look and feel much better. I know it would be a significant change from the layout you have, but that is simply how building's are constructed.

.:Fifth:.

Upvote 0
Cheers SiLkY WilKY Yes I understand about the floor texture, as you can see from some of the above pics I am currently creating my own textures ( not free downloadable ones) to go in certain places and the floor is one of these planned for an update just been busy cutting out and adding the coloured guidelines :), at the mo I think I'm using a roof texture lol.

FifthHorseman, thanks for the input.

Cheers Filthy.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Cheers again guys for the input, doors..yup great idea, pipes and vents well to be honest even though i totally understand what you are both getting at without these fittings the hallways just seem to baron for my taste.

Best way to look at it is I am not aiming for an exact replication but I am working more on a artists impression.

As i said said earlier on I can see how the first lot of shot look a little misleading. Here are a few more showing a few other areas of the map.

Ill just keep adding them as I go so just keep popping up your surgestion.

Fifth, There are stairwells on the map leading from the elepad on the roof just not taken shots yet as they need more deco to warrant it 8)

Cheers guys

Filthy..

KFHospikill1b.jpg

KFHospikill2b.jpg

KFHospikill3b.jpg

KFHospikill4b.jpg

KFHospikill5b.jpg

KFHospikill6b.jpg

KFHospikill7b.jpg

KFHospikill8b.jpg

KFHospikill9b.jpg

KFHospikill10b.jpg

Continued below....

Upvote 0
Maul, glad I've dodged your bullets so far :)

SiLkY WilKY, already has :p

KFHospikill1c.jpg

Nenjin, Got no option but to keep em filthy lol.

dex, To be honest this will be the last one me thinks, time to start playing a bit more. Ive had the game since release and think my highest lvl is 3 :eek: Theres tons of new maps and mods and being locked away in my own lil world has stopped me from having a crack on most of em and now i feel like im missing out .

Cheers all

Filthy.

Upvote 0