• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map kf-filthscross-v1

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk

filthscross8.jpg

filthscross9.jpg

Last edited:
I tried the map quickly, it's quite neat, custom meshes and all... I'm really hoping you'll be updating it!

Personally I think the lighting should be brighter. I also can't help the feeling that some corridors should be more narrow and/or shorter, along with the trader spots being smaller... Trader spots could also use some blocking volumes in those counters that are in front of the trader-girl.

I also thought there were some oddities like the pulsing triggerlights on the lowest floor and those "StaticMesh'KillingFloorLabStatics.Controls'" on the walls, I believe they're supposed to be ATM machines or such? Just make a new mesh for those, too. Not sure about every texture choice either, like the yellow wallpaper in that one trader-spot.

I'm quite sure you're aware of most of this stuff, though. Oh, and why not take part on the competition? :l

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All valid points RetroX and as stated i see this more as a work in progress so will def look at all your pointers.

With out sounding naf I just dont feel the need to, mapping for me is a passion, the biggest part of which is the learning. I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go. If i was to release this map for the comp It would never be what I have imagined as there just is no time, yes I could rush it but to be honest im enjoying simply working with the tools in my past time.

Maybe have a shot at wave 2 with something not to sure.

"KillingFloorLabStatics.Controls" leave my ticket machines alone lol

Cheers Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dont get me wrong james i thought about it but ended up wondering what happens to my map if it becomes a winning entry and i know tis a long shot as I expect some very high quailty maps being dished out.

I mean besides the prizes the only other insentive is that my map is shipped with the game. Even though i would be honoured for this to happen what becomes of it?

If i want to revise the map at all I will be back to square one releasing to the community directly anyway.

At this stage of my mapping im quite happy to take a step back and watch.

I have discovered something new with creation of statics and would like to spend a little more time with that side of level creation.

So for me its already a win 8)

Good luck james and i hope there is a lot of lolz

Cheers filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One other suggestion filthy, just make it a little bit brighter. Not much, but just so I don't feel like flicking on the flashlight as much. I have my gamma up, so I can only imagine what it must be like for people using the default settings. Will use god mode in a little while and will play around in your map and I will try to find some more bugs for you.

Upvote 0
Well just look at these.

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/xx191/Bronzen1718/

I recommend walking around your map. I do literally mean walking, just use sandbox mode and hug the wall. Some trash bags/cans are able to be walked through, there is a door you cant weld (R), some areas you get caught in and have to back out or you get caught completely, some of the lighting twitches a little too much, and in one room the falling dust is nice, but there is too much. If you can't see that well then just try to find the general area and walk around it. Also when you first spawn you can walk through the building t your left and off the map.

For the door you can't weld play with it and add something to it so it looks it is sliding along something and make it weldable.

Some images are still uploading, even with everything up all the way the images turned out darker in paint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"when you first spawn you can walk through the building t your left and off the map"

Opps......:)

looks like a v2 sometime next week then. will leave more reports come in first.

The door well gate thing your on about is weldable you just need to weld it by the hinges if you will, it was a questionable addition but thought why not.

Some of the clutter as no collision to stop the zeds jumping around all over the place and also to stop players getting trapped by the smaller objects.

once again cheers trooper.

Hope your enjoying it despite the issues.

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Filth Sighs in pleasure"

Well im in no rush Bronzen so i would just wait till i submit it to the white list to put it on ya server.

But great stuff! my heads been getting dizzy with it :confused: nice to have the input

All this being said performance is my greatest concern so I know how far i can push it in further releases. How did it play in this way?

Cheers Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0