• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suicidal Berserkers...

HaYHaYHaY

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2007
I'm gonna sound very flamey... but to those berserkers out there that are reading this for some reason...

FRIGGING RUN AWAY WHEN U HAVE BELOW 40% HP! WTF is with all you ppl charging into a large group with a chainsaw while u have barely any health or armor? are you guys mentally impaired...?

My server is god damn FF ON (10%... not much but enough for u to watch out...) and eveyrone knows it... but these guys just literally blocks the view of everyone that are trying to take a shot... then they never heal themselves nor do they retreat.... then they die...

and ruin eveyrone elses game coz they literally put a player slot into waste (with or without FF on since they're useless in later waves...)

arghhhh!!!!

Last edited:
No retreat! No surrender! :D

I'm sorry, I tend to do that, too. The chainsaw is just too much fun. Ducking in the front row is no real option, either, since even a berserker has to aim for the heads (which isn't easy to do when crouching).

A little tip for my blood-thirsty berserker brethren: Try to at least stick close to walls in open areas so you don't block the view of the other players (too much).

Upvote 0
Well one major reason that they don't run is because you honestly don't notice what your health is at. It's only when you hit 20% that the health number starts to flash, but if you're up to your elbows in zombies, you won't even notice that. It's the red mist at 10% that generally gets your attention and by then it's too late.

Upvote 0
just help them by killing the crawlers and the stalkers before they get to them, a half decent berserker with chainsaw wont take hits from any other specimen, crawlers and stalkers will disrupt him and then he will take hits from everyone

Too true. I have no problem taking out bloats, scrakes, and with a little bit of teamwork FPs and taking no damage. Crawlers are what piss me off, I can rarely kill them before they hurt me, which is a pain. Stalkers are a nuisance in groups when they come out of no where, but usually I can take them on easy.

ZERKERZ4LYFE!

Upvote 0
The biggest problem I have when doing suicidal berserker chargers is if I get penned in with some mobs coming behind me.. this prevents me from just backing up to get back into the 'safety' of the my teammates. Often when that happens I do end up confused since it's hard to see when you're totally surrounded, and so on..

Oh well at least when I hit level 5 I'll get a free chainsaw when I respawn!

Upvote 0
While I understand that most of the players are new and are not really aware of things (like keep track of their health and so), OP has some point in there.

I've seen often berserkers go like "HURR DURR IMMA BERSERK" and 10 seconds later "HALP HALP" and then either die or come back with chainsaw up and on FF server kills all your friendlies and then followed rather by some kidn of "lol" comment. I still can't decide though which is worse : berserker gone ape**** or berserker gone with ape**** with chainsaw and has no clue how to use it properly. I love those who just thinks it's invulnerable pikewall and then rushes in middle of 4-5 gorefasts and maybe one flesh pound and dies in an instant and then are like "wtf I had a chainsaw?!" :D

Upvote 0
To kill crawlers use an axe, buy one ontop of a chainsaw (or get level 5 and its easy with weapon trading). It works with chainsaw too but it's less reliable. Simply walk backward facing the crawler, when its close tap s with small delays of non-movement so it gets closer, then as soon as it pounces hold S so you move right out of the way; 1 step forward, an axe to the face, crawler dead. Since gorefast and stalkers run faster than crawlers it's possible to seperate the groups of enemies and take them 1 by 1, and if "I get pinned from behind" is the problem, most if not all servers limit how many specimins can be on the map at a time. Using this to your advantage if you kill no specimins infront of you they slowly pool into a big mob following you, so if you run forward around a level with an axe meleeing everything they gradually spawn behind you so you can take them with ease. By doing this (on farm is easiest) you can do waves 7-10 on hard without taking damage, assuming you bought a gun to kite fleshpounds, far as I'm aware you can only toe-to-toe them on normal.

Upvote 0
I'm a beserker and dam proud of it! On normal diff my whole team died in west london and there was 103 specimen left and I soloed it. All you need is a chainsaw and bullpup. Use the bullpup for bloats heads and crawler and sometimes witches and chainsaw for everything else and for the sake of fleshpounds just bullpup them and run away with knife. Infact the only thing a beserker has to watch out for is teamates that ff them and the best thing to do there is to run away from your team and go solo. Most game I play I always have 50 to 250 more kills then anyone. I love teaming up with a sharpshooter to take on the witches, crawlers and bloats we are pretty much unstoppable then.

Upvote 0
Ah, gotta love the dur dah durr warriors. I use this term to depict anyone who runs in (guns blaring or swords flashing) without much/any though as to... well anything. Dur dah durr warriors 9/10 are the cause for my party wipes in any game where I'm playing cooperatively with other players in player vs envirenment scenarios. To be frank, dur dah durr warriors are fun to taunt since most times they're slow minded as it is, but they're frustrating because most times you can't actually use them for anything except maybe live bait.

I'm especially fond of the ones, as someone mentioned in an earlier post, who run out in front of you swinging their axes or chainsaws around while friendly fire is on. They die then they call you the noob.

Got a dur dah durr warrior in your party, best solution I've found is to either let them die (problem solved) or let them run ahead and shoot around them. Foes usually crowd around them so they become easy targets for a decent marksman.

If you are a dur dah durr warrior, here's a few tips you could follow to up your game a bit. A) don't jump into hard or suicidal mode at lvl 0 berserker. B) stick close to walls to avoid being surrounded, ambushed, or team killed C) don't get tunnel vision, keep an eye on your health and where your team mates are. It can be difficult at times yes, but believe it or not if you actually try it's not that hard. D) If you see a siren, let her scream once while you're just out of range, then rush in and deal with her quickly if you can (before she wails again), otherwise take her out via gun before going in. E) If you're low on health fall back and heal up, believe it or not if your health reaches 0 you will die :eek:

Upvote 0
Most 'Zerkers don't realize what will whittle your health down easily: Crawlers. Yes, you can kill it in mid jump, but you WILL take damage, which disorients you. Stalkers are bad too because they usually flank you and get hits in. Other than those, it's fairly easy to kill about anything without taking hits...

Upvote 0
Most 'Zerkers don't realize what will whittle your health down easily: Crawlers. Yes, you can kill it in mid jump, but you WILL take damage, which disorients you. Stalkers are bad too because they usually flank you and get hits in. Other than those, it's fairly easy to kill about anything without taking hits...

or for crawlers you simply walk backwards and they miss you completely. Why so many berserkers and people saying this is the classes weakness continue to bring up this point is perplexing

Upvote 0
or for crawlers you simply walk backwards and they miss you completely. Why so many berserkers and people saying this is the classes weakness continue to bring up this point is perplexing

Problem is when they are right behind something as you kill it, your to close to back outside it or when they are on your sides.

Crawlers are the mob I hate the most as a zerk just cause the disorient and random damage they deal. But its also why I try and make sure to drop them 1st with the 9mm.

Upvote 0

Crawlers aren't a problem for smart berserkers. If you're OUTSIDE. In cases where you're blocking a chokepoint and can't afford to lose ground, crawlers are a huge problem. Outside you can just bait their jump and countersmack them when they land.

Upvote 0