• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I watched the first video and i was unimpressed. Something is not right with the pace, even the walking sounds seem out of sync with the motion. The glass breaking is lame and it looks tacky. Even the reload animation is crap. A source mod could easily do better than this.

Other videos look OK but nothing inspiring. Its hard to differentiate between UE 3.0 and UE 2.5 in those videos, add a few decent shaders and better lighting but thats about it.

As i mentioned before, i did not like the first game but i really want to be optimistic about the new one. But these videos really do not impress me :(

Upvote 0
they completley RUINED bridge crossing, which was one of two good maps on AA(along with pipeline) IMO. no fog makes the map ridiculously easy for the defending team

Have you played the new bridge in the closed beta if not how do you know it ruins the map? Personally i think the game looks great and when they polish it up sounds included it should be a hit considering its been released via steam for free.
I think we have to keep in mind that this is a leaked beta we're looking at so the finished product will be much better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's free, so where's the contest? I doubt any of the two companies paid attention as to when the other title is released.

It was more of a joke, but considering AA is considered a fairly realistic tactical shooter as well, it could draw people away from ArmA 2 (especially after the German reviews about bugs etc).
And ofcourse since it's free, more people might be inclined to do so.

Makes me wonder though, is this still being co-developed by the American military?
Must be funny for them making a fairly realistic game while ignoring it themselves and using another program and help train themselves with.
You'd think they would use the game they are helping to develop.

Upvote 0