• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency... A modern RO? (merged)

I must reckon I am getting really addicted to INS, to the point I only play RO for clan events...:eek:
I really love the INS MG, the bipod is easier to deploy, the sights are nice and has good accuracy.
I understand that MG42-DP are medium machine guns, heavier than moderm LMGs like SAW or RPK, but, for example, in INS you can adjust a little your position once the bipod is deployed, and there is a position with bipod deployed but looking over the sights for vigilance...
I am getting records with the RPK I would never dream in RO, maybe because it is faster...

Upvote 0
I've been playing this quite a bit as of late and it's definitely gotten better but 1.5 years after the release there's still the same glaring issues that were some of the main issues in the first beta. Some of the maps that had horrible spawn camping problems still have the same issues and movment is still jerky to all holy hell.

Upvote 0
I was referring to making Insurgents move faster because they know the area or giving them shorter respawn times. I can't even tell if the RPG has bullet drop or not because the distances are usually way too short to notice. In any case it doesn't really matter very much in the game and certainly doesn't make the RPG overpowered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was referring to making Insurgents move faster because they know the area

A sim is supposed to reflect the real world as much as possible! So giving the insurgents such benefits as faster movement based on the fact that they have almost zero equipment isnt really unrealistic. Also in giving them faster movement to demonstrate knowledge of their own back yard (!) is also a logical reason to have it!!

And no, there is no drop on the RPG! Once I fired at a guy from at least 80m away and compensated by aiming about a millimetre above the guys heard, and it whooshed right over!!!! :rolleyes:

There is no thinking required for this game. Its PANTS!!

Upvote 0
Moving faster doesn't just mean you will cross a distance between point A and B quicker than the other guy. Much more important is that it will also make you harder to hit while moving. THIS would annoy the hell out of me and, no, doesn't seem very realistic or Simulator-like to me. If anything it sounds like an idea that could come from CoD.

Equipment is another thing. But hey in RO we can carry a machinegun, spare barrel, sidearm, nades, panzerfausts and a 10kg satchel charge and it doesn't affect movement speed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Moving faster doesn't just mean you will cross a distance between point A and B quicker than the other guy. Much more important is that it will also make you harder to hit while moving. THIS would annoy the hell out of me and, no, doesn't seem very realistic or Simulator-like to me. If anything it sounds like an idea that could come from CoD.

Yeh ok lol enjoy your arcade shooter!

But hey in RO we can carry a machinegun, spare barrel, sidearm, nades, panzerfausts and a 10kg satchel charge and it doesn't affect movement speed.

True true, RO should fix that in the next one fo sho!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A sim is supposed to reflect the real world as much as possible! So giving the insurgents such benefits as faster movement based on the fact that they have almost zero equipment isnt really unrealistic. Also in giving them faster movement to demonstrate knowledge of their own back yard (!) is also a logical reason to have it!!

How many equipment do you think the regular Marine carries with him hen he is on a patrol?
I don

Upvote 0
I think there are two HUGE problems with INS that need to be addressed:

1.) Map design. The maps are confusing, with horrible chokepoints with little tactical variety, rampant spawn camping and exit camping.
2.) Some of the weapons have very little recoil, and almost none have proper weapon sway while walking, etc. This makes them into unrealistic laser cannon. A guy with an AK can one-hit people at the edge of the fog. all day long. Combine this with aforementioned problem with choke points and lack of tactical options, and you just have realy frustrating gameplay.

It's a good start, but it's still flawed. I've kind of put it back on the shelf untill they release 3.0. Then I'll take another look.

Upvote 0
i am with you about the better knowledge of the area. It could be compensated in the mapdisign with passages which are only accessible by the Ins.
Like, lazer walls?
The only things I could imagine to simulate this somewhat (at some point everyone knows the maps and that's it then) would be more detailed maps and more accurate objective markers for the insurgents.

Upvote 0
I think there are two HUGE problems with INS that need to be addressed:

1.) Map design. The maps are confusing, with horrible chokepoints with little tactical variety, rampant spawn camping and exit camping.
2.) Some of the weapons have very little recoil, and almost none have proper weapon sway while walking, etc. This makes them into unrealistic laser cannon. A guy with an AK can one-hit people at the edge of the fog. all day long. Combine this with aforementioned problem with choke points and lack of tactical options, and you just have realy frustrating gameplay.

It's a good start, but it's still flawed. I've kind of put it back on the shelf untill they release 3.0. Then I'll take another look.
I whole heartedly agree... it's for these reasons that I have never played the game for more than a week (per release) and that the game doesn't really have much of a player base any more.

Upvote 0