• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your plastic models ^_^

it will be, yes. since all my other models are from the eastern front it wouldnt really fit in otherwise ;) plus most of them were used by russia anyway.

i am going to "overspray" the us markings which is why i left the bit at the front out with the olive drab coating. this was just a small run though to do the canopy and doors, i will assemble the wings and do the underside first before i finish the OD and green bits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh i see, well otherwise it would be really dull with just two colors :)

Bild%20636.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
some more album pimpage, there even is an RSS feed now ;) one for recently added pictures and one for each album which brings me to my latest addition, an eduard Fw190A-5. i am using the photo-etched parts supplied, a novelty for me and so far it proved very fiddly, frustrating and time consuming. But with time and practice it should be alright eventually :rolleyes: although i might only use seat belts next time :D

i also added more captions and tags to the other albums and picture, even wrote a few brief or not so brief descriptions etc :)

for those too lazy to check out my albums i shall add a few pictars:

ETC50s and SC50 Stabos are going to be added some time in the future ;) i'd also like to add a mud crust to the spats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
at least he tried :p

I don't find the colour of the top camo (RLM 81 & 82?) very convincing and the cockpit which would be RLM66, very similar to the grey on german tanks, is a bit off too ;)

Imo without a good airbrush you cant really replicate the freehanded shapes on the wings and the fuselage/tail mottling on a Fw190/Ta152 or any german fighter past 1943. the top camo was stenciled till around circa 1942 on Bf109s but the sides were mottled starting in 1940, some time after they had raised the demarkation line between top and bottom colour which was during the Battle of France.

There is still alot of other stuff you could build though :eek: Plastic modeling is a bit of a ***** really, if you have the patience though it's a good start. But if you want good results you need to be either very good with a brush or you need to spend a few hundred monies on an airbrush and compressor. Cheap choices usually backfire since you end up either buying better stuff or incase you discontinue the hobby, you wont be able to get alot of the money back when you resell it.
Still, having the patience to finish a model is about 70-80% of the whole process really :p Of course making very good progress is also a motivational asset and not achieving very good results with a brush might have the opposite effect. Anyway, here is some stuff i recently did:

this is the best one to date, i actually bothered to sand down most of the seams on the leading edge and the fuselage and used photo etched parts for the cockpit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0