• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

Downlaoding this new patch now.
First time I played this I gave it pretty much the same verdict as the above few posts, however, I was patient with it, and it grew on me like a bad rash, and I ended up loving it. You guys, if you havent already, should give it another chance, you never now, you might end up with a really cool game on your hands.

Upvote 0
The client crashes... that's a game killing bug for me.

I've yet to use the MGs because they lock classes by playercount and last night I was only on a 6 man server but the new maps are slick and it seems some of the movement mechanics have been polished off. A well rounded product that I will enjoy come the hotfix ;)

Ahmen to that :). Although I don't really like that small map I played today.

Upvote 0
Nothing in the changelog mentioning the hitbox problems reported by many players. I'm a bit dissapointed.
It means bolt players are still very disabled when it comes to killing others.
Guess my movies showing the errors in hitboxes didn't convince them enough ;)

It's nice to have a choice about manual bolting, well done in that department.

Monk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the crashing is related to multi core CPUs. I had problems like this in Left 4 Dead and its also a common issue with Source games.

Just ALT + TAB out of the game, right click on taskbar and left click task manager, click the Processes tab, right click on 'hl2.exe' and left click 'set affinity', disable Core 1.

Been able to play for 20 minutes without any problems.

Upvote 0
Downlaoding this new patch now.
First time I played this I gave it pretty much the same verdict as the above few posts, however, I was patient with it, and it grew on me like a bad rash, and I ended up loving it. You guys, if you havent already, should give it another chance, you never now, you might end up with a really cool game on your hands.

You were right and i was harsh and should have waited before posting.

I had the pleasure of playing at a peak time when all the good guys were on, all used teamwork and all communicated. Stalking the dark alleys on that parachute map with coordinated team mates was the most immersive moment i have had in a game for a long, long time.

Some quality PC gaming to be had here. This mod is definitely going somewhere.

Upvote 0
argh.. i cant remember it now, but i know there is a source engine command that can be entered to force the engine to use x number of cores. it made tf2 more stable a while back to use 2 cores, 3 and 4 automatically crashed.

You can just open task manager, rclick hl2.exe, set affinity, deselect 2 cores.

Upvote 0
well I have to say i've not experienced any crash or stability problems thusfar, so don't share other's frustations
I really like this mod, it's class and a tremendous amount of quality work for an early release.

In fact the only problem with it is that it's set in Normandy/western front, I was disappointed by this when I first heard of this mod, cos i thought it was pretty uninspired when everything else looked interesting. That said the map work is of a very high quality indeed.

However if the setting's somewhat stale at least the gameplay's fresh - it kinda reminds me of when i first tried the RO mod - awkward and challenging but very rewarding, with a gameplay style that forces you to move and act sensibly and realistically.
It's kinda like a realism lover's wet dream DOD source -

I dont mind the 2 stage ironsights i just bind RMB to 'up' so i tap it twice to fully raise, seems to work ok - at first i thought i'd prefer more options here - phaps including the possibility of skipping the 1st stage, but now im comfortable with it.

I hope this mod does well it deserves too cos the feel and pace of the infantry combat is excellent and dare i say it in some ways more assured than RO. - in fact i'm really surprised i theres not a lot of RO folk playing.
I just wish it was set in the streets of stalingrad or even better towns + villages in the hills of italy....
Could always be added at some stage i guess.

Upvote 0