• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

I just tried to make my own "Dolores" mission because the basic concept is really cool but when I started up the first test-run I blew up the bridge and the T72s on it just fell down and continued on. They simply drove out of the water and continued towards the city center as if nothing had happened at all. One of them was still on the opposite half of the bridge, which was still intact so it decided to drive down into the river to follow the others. It just jumped down into the water.:eek:
What's the point of destroying bridges if tanks don't even need them?

Lol Murphy, bloody game.
Set armor to 50% or something like that and send in an attack chopper just for good measure.
Bridges are handled a lot better since 1.14 but I try to avoid them when setting way-points.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Yay, got a new comp I can actually run the game now yay! And on full specs and 8-10km views :) (got an ati4870 512mb, Quad Core @3.3Ghz and 2gb Ram) The only problem is the crappy sound card that came with it sturggles with 5.1 in Arma.

@ Joshua

Didnt you say youve got the 4750? That should be enough on the graphics side of it for fairly high settings, what's you processor/ram?

Upvote 0
I started playing ArmA today aswell, but I was rather disappointed with the performance on my new rig (e7200, HD4850, 4GB DDR2). I haven't been in "real" action yet, but in the training modes the FPS was around 50. Vsync enabled.

I have the 1.14 patch installed and my graphics settings are normal except the post processing thing and shadows are high. I'm not sure about the range, but I put it to 2000m. The resolution is 1900x1200. Recommendations are welcome since I'm very confused with this game.

Upvote 0
Post processing and Shadows are the biggest fps killers.

Shading is only that bad because it also affects plants. There is a mod called "low-plants" that makes it so plants aren't affected by shading anymore and it also changes some textures on them so they look better with the low shading applied to them. I haven't tested it because I have shading set to very low anyway, but you might want to give it a try. It requires Queen's Gambit as far as I know, but I think there is a fix to make it run on just ArmA too.

Upvote 0
Post processing and Shadows are the biggest fps killers.

Shading is only that bad because it also affects plants. There is a mod called "low-plants" that makes it so plants aren't affected by shading anymore and it also changes some textures on them so they look better with the low shading applied to them. I haven't tested it because I have shading set to very low anyway, but you might want to give it a try. It requires Queen's Gambit as far as I know, but I think there is a fix to make it run on just ArmA too.

I changed post processing to low and disabled the shadows as I don't need them. I found a way how to run the low-plants mod in vanilla ArmA, but won't I be kicked in multiplayer if I have it installed? Of course some servers might have it, but I don't want to play lottery when choosing a server.

Upvote 0
New ArmA 2 material

800x600_prop.jpg

800x600_prop.jpg

800x600_prop.jpg

800x600_prop.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0