• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Return To Castle Wolfenstein 2

Excuse me, but how could anyone in their right mind like Return to Castle Wolfenstein? It sucked *** :mad:

This new one looks pretty badass though. (LOOKS!!!!)

This game is ****ing awesome, I love the death screams aswell xD

Ah yes, I played that game so much when I was a kid. Best FPS of its time (and one of the first).

MEIN LEBEN!

Upvote 0
BiA had great overdone German accents in its multiplayer mode. In the singleplayer they spoke German and in the multiplayer, when you had to understand what they were saying they spoke English with a very overdone but apart from that authentic German accent.

MEIN LEBEN is still a classic. Not only because it sounds so stupid but also because it makes no sense to say that when you die. Americans don't scream "my life" either when they die.

Upvote 0
MEIN LEBEN is still a classic. Not only because it sounds so stupid but also because it makes no sense to say that when you die. Americans don't scream "my life" either when they die.

I always thought it was MEIN LEIBEN! ie. "My Love", like he was calling out to his wife or something. Makes somewhat more sense. Hard to tell from the old .midi files or whatever Wolf3d used, ha.

Upvote 0
Leiben does not translate to love as far as I now. I don't even think Leiben exists as a German word except for maybe the name of a village. You might have confused that with "Liebchen" (oldfashioned German for Darling) or "Meine Liebe" (My Love - love as "a loved one"), but that would sound like "Mine Leebe" and not like "Mine Layben". It has to be "Mein Leben" even though that makes no sense.:p

Upvote 0
Hitler says "Eva, auf Wiedersehen!" when you kill him in Episode 3.

What's even dumber than "Mein Leben" is how they say "Schutzstaffel!" when they see you. Is that like saying "Freeze, Police!" ? Maybe they just say "Muahahaha!", it's hard to tell with the little 8 bit wave audio.

The brown shirted guards (were they supposed to be SA?) say something no one can agree on. Some think it's "Achtung," others say it's "Yes, sir," - which is English so that's retarded - still others say it's "H

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ehhh, I got into shooters quite late, but when I played RtCW, I fell in love with the MP. I could play that non-stop. Sure it was unrealistic, but the gameplay was so fast. You had so much health and it took so many bullets to take you down, but those way-to-accurate SMGs could kill you easily.

But this new Wolfenstein SP sounds too wacky, even for Wolfenstein. It's as if the next Resident Evil let you become a zombie.

Sure, magic ain't new to Wolf, but it's new to the character you play as.

What annoys me is that I liked the idea of the free roam town, but it seems magic is 100% nessecary in most encounters. Bleh.

Then again, if the MP rocks, I'll totally forgive this, because I must've spent just 100 hours in RtCW's SP, but 10,000 in it's MP.

Upvote 0
Any one else playing this now it's out?

I had quite low expectations after seeing the preview trailers, but I'm pleasantly surprised. The magic works reasonably well and isn't the be all and end all in combat. Most of the encounters I've had so far can be completed without using any magic, those that do have only required the 'veil vision' and the enemies use of grenades makes combat refreshingly frantic.

It retains the wolfenstein feel with some excellent looking levels and the odd officer crying 'Mein Leben!' upon death. The open world is similar to far cry 2 although smaller with loading screens when passing between areas. The weapon upgrades are obviously complete fantasy but when you're fighting ubersoldats you can't really complain.

Upvote 0
Hitler says "Eva, auf Wiedersehen!" when you kill him in Episode 3.

What's even dumber than "Mein Leben" is how they say "Schutzstaffel!" when they see you. Is that like saying "Freeze, Police!" ? Maybe they just say "Muahahaha!", it's hard to tell with the little 8 bit wave audio.

The brown shirted guards (were they supposed to be SA?) say something no one can agree on. Some think it's "Achtung," others say it's "Yes, sir," - which is English so that's retarded - still others say it's "H

Upvote 0
Ehhh, I got into shooters quite late, but when I played RtCW, I fell in love with the MP.

Same here. It was one of the first online FPS's I played. Everything about it was great. I cant remember if I even played the SP. Every now and then I play enemy territory.

Not sure if I'll pick up this one. It seems more SP oriented with multiplayer tacked on.

Upvote 0
Do you honestly think I don't know what the SS was? I'm questioning to use of "Schutzstaffel!" as a interjection.

My guess is that it's some over the top 'joke' in the game. After all, you do have evil nazzees, mystical powers, scientific experiments etc etc in the game and it's way gone past the suspension of disbelief to take it even remotedly seriously.

Upvote 0