• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

It just had constant crazy sway that couldn't even be overcome because even when the sights aligned on a target

I have to disagree with this one more or less. Playing BiA on console (which means a gamepad) I never had trouble shooting targets when they were exposed, and on PC version I noticed it is bit easier. And with some general realism mod around it is not that hard to snipe people off if they are exposed. Or maybe I am one of the few people with ninja abilities to ignore BiA's cone of fire? :p

Your replies on forced flanking and tank combat are funny though. Forced combat approaches = bad.

That is quite similiar with some RO maps aswell. Take Konigsplatz as example. All you have is one hell of an open area with some small cover, few ruined buildings and that's about it. Flanks are really nonexistant (as the entire area is pretty straightforward). You have practically three choices - you go in middle, you go in right or you go in left. That is somewhat similiar on some BiA situations, with the expection that BiA ingame consept makes it kinda funny compared to RO. Human players are human players, which creates its own pattern each time, but who said you have to play BiA as exactly as "planned" ? You can be creative sometimes.

And when did I even claim RO's tank combat system was good?

Which is good comparasion that while BiA might fail on general realism factor, it wins RO 100 - 0 in authencity factor and few other stuff. RO tanks sucks, but realism is ok and infantry is ok. BiA might have lousy realism, but it has quite unique combat displayed (and one of the few games where you can actually notice the major generic firepower diffrence between US semiautos and german bolt actions) and it has quite damm great authencity in general, superior to one displayed in RO.

Upvote 0
Wrong, buddy.
:rolleyes: Boy, you sure got me there! You completely disproved everything I said you and others were doing in this thread. The being overly critical and complaining about how something isn't realistic enough for you. You shot that down right quick eh?

Since when did everything have to have fully destructible environments, and be as realistic as to the point of inducing nightmares for those that play it for a game to be fun? Step down off of the high horse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The cone of fire wasn't that big. Just about as big as you'd expect it to be in a game with that kind of ranges. It's the cover system that made your shots miss. Not the cone of fire!

And the cover system was needed to make the game play out as it did. If you say you dislike that you couldn't hit targets the way you are used to from other games then you are saying you don't like BiAs puzzle shooter gameplay. That's fine. Different folks different strokes, but don't apply measurements of other genres to BiA. It simply isn't a conventional shooter. People who mistook it for one where all dissapointed.

The cover system is unrealistic? Sure it is! Should be obvious to anyone. Complaining about that is like complaining that it's unrealistic that chess-pawns can't move backwards whereas real peasants do learn that ability in basic pawn training and they can even do it in full combat rags.
Or that a pawn can strike a knight even though that would be a highly unlikely scenario in real-life. 'Cause everyone knows the typical peasant of that period was armed with a 7.5mm MG 67 (MG = Mistgabel = Pitchfork) and that thing could never penetrate the typical 5mm sloped armor plates knights used during that time. No matter the range!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
:rolleyes: Boy, you sure got me there! You completely disproved everything I said you and others were doing in this thread. The being overly critical and complaining about how something isn't realistic enough for you. You shot that down right quick eh?

Since when did everything have to have fully destructible environments, and be as realistic as to the point of inducing nightmares for those that play it for a game to be fun? Step down off of the high horse.

I never said it's not realistic enough, I don't expect realism from BiA. In fact, I did like the trailer. We were merely CRITICIZING what was shown in the clip. Pointing out the errors. Y'know, the kind of feedback that's necessary for any game.

OHNOES, I CANT STAND THE CRITICIZM, WAAAHHHHHH!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never said it's not realistic enough, I don't expect realism from BiA. In fact, I did like the trailer. We were merely CRITICIZING what was shown in the clip. Pointing out the errors. Y'know, the kind of feedback that's necessary for any game.

OHNOES, I CANT STAND THE CRITICIZM, WAAAHHHHHH!!
Yeah? Are you testing the game for them, are they reading your comments here? Or are you just commenting for the sake of commenting and actually believe that they'll change it because you want them to?

As for your last line, you keep in the "WAAAH" and that's pretty much how you're coming off as in this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah? Are you testing the game for them, are they reading your comments here? Or are you just commenting for the sake of commenting and actually believe that they'll change it because you want them to?

As for your last line, you keep in the "WAAAH" and that's pretty much how you're coming off as in this thread.

Commenting for the sake of commenting? If that's not 'allowed' we can shut down the forums lol.

Upvote 0
If anyone has an elitist attitude it's you, not 'allowing' ppl to have their own opinion or view on things.
I never said you couldn't, but I said it's how you come off as having nothing but an elitist attitude with how you go about it. Frankly, that's sickening and a hilarious if you're going to get up in arms over a beta build that isn't suiting your tastes for realism. I could maybe see some of the claims made working if it were the final build and you were playing it and people here weren't the utmost sticklers for realism in every single game.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's pretty weird that a game got criticized for lack of realism on a discussion board of a game that strives for realism. Regarding comments on the beta, they must be satisfied enough with it to show it off; isn't it hilarious that somewhere in the world there are people that aren't?
I'm laughing my behind off. (cursed be the swear filter)

Upvote 0
I never said you couldn't, but I said it's how you come off as having nothing but an elitist attitude with how you go about it. Frankly, that's sickening and a hilarious if you're going to get up in arms over a beta build that isn't suiting your tastes for realism. I could maybe see some of the claims made working if it were the final build and you were playing it and people here weren't the utmost sticklers for realism in every single game.
At least you stay true to your sig, i'll give you that. But my point remains.

Upvote 0
Hmm I really can't wait to see the german weapons. Because as of yet I've only seen american ones(I mean like in first person). What also looked cool imo was how they have different colour(graphic) palettes, they have this quite colourful landscape/village scheme, the very blue-darkish night scheme which gives the feeling of cold and of course the dark night scheme with red(from the fire of burning houses etc) which has this kind of terror effect that shows how dark war can be. Does anybody know if there's going to be a collectors edition?

Upvote 0
Well that's good for you but doesn't answer my question unfortunatly ;)
But a SDK would sure be great, then again we should better wait until they announce what MP will be like so one can get more of an idea.

Yep, unfortunately (imho) it wont be like the original games cause i liked that. I hope they keep it in as a gameplay mode though, and not completely ditch it, cause it was awesome to play it.

Upvote 0