• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leningrad MAP - Loved it

Will be a classic

Will be a classic

Leningrad started out rough during it's initial beta releases but I think someone in Europe grabbed it, added tunnel network (War of the Rats), Searchlight building environment and a lot of in building areas to make it truly one of the best custom maps out there. I agree, definetly one of the best and seems well suited for 50 players since there are so many fields of play, i.e. in the tunnel, in the street, or in the buildings. 2 Thumbs up!

Upvote 0
I love this map. But at the same time, it's a highly frustrating map in pubs, as it proves that 90% of the pubbers either don't know what a capzone is, can't read a map, or can't tell their right from their left.
Can't count the times I've been overwhelmed and killed defending either searchlight or bunker *alone* only to realize by watching the death cam that like 6-8 guys were camping for some reason on the wrong side of the street, or 2 meters behind the capzone limit... Ffs, it's not as if this map wasn't the epithome of linear!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can't count the times I've been overwhelmed and killed defending either searchlight or bunker *alone* only to realize by watching the death cam that like 6-8 guys were camping for some reason on the wrong side of the street, or 2 meters behind the capzone limit... Ffs, it's not as if this map wasn't the epithome of linear!

That's the main problem with this map on unorganized pubs. I don't know how many times I've been trying to defend searchlight by myself while everyone is running to the left side of the street. Meanwhile the germans just waltz in there and take over while I scream over the mic for help. :p

It's a GREAT map overall. I can get peeved about the last cap zone sometimes though. Especially when a 30 ton German tank can somehow bounce around on 7 inches of ice underneath that bridge. It should break through and fall into oblivion, ha.

Upvote 0
Add a few inches for good measure ( it IS a russian winter) and you can drive the whole goddamn Wehrmacht over it.

Yeah but still, ha. That bridge cap is the one weak point of the map I think. I remember EH saying something about how it influenced how he designed the Moltke cap on Kriegstadt. The Germans should actually have to take the BRIDGE, not dogpile a bunch of soliders and a tank underneath the first two arches. :p

Other than that, the map is golden.

Upvote 0
Hide Hide Hide

Hide Hide Hide

Soviets hiding in Searchlight and AT Gun position are a great defense strategy to slow down the attackers. I can't count the number of times there was one pesky trooper hiding in those blasted buildings with me and a few others running around floor to floor to 'clear out the building!!!'. I think it's a good feature. Also, the tunnels rock when you get a game going with Soviets holding one end of the tunnel and Germans trying to 'root them out!!!' from the other...makes for some real exasperating times but well worth it when you finally dig the bugger out like a very, bad, deep tick...get a sense of accomplishment! :D

Upvote 0
all hail Dr Guppy!

1 peeve of mine is the searchlight building...if the russians just ran into 1 of the hundreds of rooms and hid...the map would be un-winable for the Krauts...time would expire. It seems like a crapppy stategy, but it works. Same goes for the AT building.

I get 3/4 erect when I manage to get my hands on a sniper rifle in that map!

The germans can use use that tactic too though. It's not THAT big, you can check the entire building in probably less than 60 seconds.

And if you're working with several other people well... no biggie.

It is irritating how the Germans can get under the bridge though, it'd be nice if the Russian tank could do that easily too (I actually saw it once but never since then...)

Upvote 0
Yeah but still, ha. That bridge cap is the one weak point of the map I think. I remember EH saying something about how it influenced how he designed the Moltke cap on Kriegstadt. The Germans should actually have to take the BRIDGE, not dogpile a bunch of soliders and a tank underneath the first two arches. :p

Other than that, the map is golden.

You are correct sir.

Upvote 0
I get 3/4 erect when I manage to get my hands on a sniper rifle in that map!

Lol, same here :D
I love getting myself behind the german lines and sniping them, funny to know they are spawning right below you. If I'm careful and move once in a while they have no idea where I am :p

(**** I gave my tactic away :eek:)

Upvote 0
Yes, of the frequently played maps it is my favorite.

As a Russian rifleman I got myself bypassed in that ruined building in the corner of the map accross the street from the AT building. Once the Germans took the AT building nobody even looked my way as they were all running from the spawn towards the bridge.

I suck with a bolt but had the finest time of my life picking off Nazis from the rear. It just went on forever until I ran out of ammo (yes, ran out of ammo for a bolt rifle). Some swine nailed me with a pistol as I had to leave the spot to look for some more bullets.

Upvote 0
Yes, of the frequently played maps it is my favorite.

As a Russian rifleman I got myself bypassed in that ruined building in the corner of the map accross the street from the AT building. Once the Germans took the AT building nobody even looked my way as they were all running from the spawn towards the bridge.

I suck with a bolt but had the finest time of my life picking off Nazis from the rear. It just went on forever until I ran out of ammo (yes, ran out of ammo for a bolt rifle). Some swine nailed me with a pistol as I had to leave the spot to look for some more bullets.

Oh that must have been so satisfying. I too suck with the bolt, but that sounds like you had one heck of a run.

Upvote 0