• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forcing TeamPlay

tbh i cant see how this changes much compared to "normal clanplay".
What i can see it do is create a rather long time of "setting up", defenders get even more bonus, the attack of the whole team, running and gunning is delayed to until 4:30, 9:30, etc.
In the end imo it serves the purpose to make the defender even more stronger than they are now already.

On the same note, if the attackers wipe out the entire defense and storm the objective, they could be at or close to taking the next objective. At that point the defenders would be at a disadvantage. Imagine on Berezina that the Germans kill off all the infantry in the first two positions. This would leave the 1st line pretty clear for them to take and thus make the map move along much quicker. The Russians would respawn in time to hold them off at the next objective.

I think it is a good step towards making the game more immersive. Infact I would like to see a mod for the smaller maps that allow only one life. Matches would be over within five to ten minutes. The way Danzig is played when the match starts would be entirely different and no longer be a nade fest, (unless you were willing to wait out the rest of the round because you ran across the bridge right away throwing nades). Think of the Rainbow Six games or the original Ghost Recon games. You had one life and when the fighting started, it was an intense shoot out that lasted a few seconds and the next minute or two was clearing out the people that ran and hid.

Upvote 0
Well, if your description of "forcing teamplay" is running in a line on an empty huge map, or lying together in a bunch and then getting blown to pieces, and some tank rushes together and multiplying this with 5 minute spawns . . . I'm kinda happy that nobody forces me to do that **** :)

I mean, stacking together is not "teamplay" but the "coordination" is. I think you'd be surprised if you saw the tactics and gameplay of some ROLadder clans.

Upvote 0
If some of the forum readers would like to try the play style on an individual basis, we can arrange for you to be an extra on one of the teams, during a scheduled match. As for having a public ORC night on the server, I'm planing on doing that.
That sounds like something I'd like to try. I'm another that doesn't get a lot of time to play and rarely at set times. I've played with you guys a couple times recently and had a good time. I think the last was Wednesday night. I was playing as Sammy.

Upvote 0
Well, if your description of "forcing teamplay" is running in a line on an empty huge map, or lying together in a bunch and then getting blown to pieces, and some tank rushes together and multiplying this with 5 minute spawns . . . I'm kinda happy that nobody forces me to do that **** :)

I mean, stacking together is not "teamplay" but the "coordination" is. I think you'd be surprised if you saw the tactics and gameplay of some ROLadder clans.

Should I be surprised? Keeping large groups of men laying down exposed on a hill in a combined arms map has worked well for us in the past. :p ...

On a serious note, This trailer is ofcoarse pure theatrics and meant to illustrate a concept while getting a laugh out of the viewer. The footage represents neither the tactics of an actual ORC match nor that of any other ladder. I went ahead and posted a disclaimer in the begining of the thread for anyone else who doesn't recognize that it's a parody.

Upvote 0

Yeah Koba, I don't think you've seen real tactics ur whole life. I mean, you should really pay attention to ROLOL more often.:D

Upvote 0

I agree.

I think a lot of people see RO as a very team oriented game just because of the realism side of it. If anything this makes it more about individual skill rather than teamwork compared to your average fps.

Upvote 0
Na!!! Do it like this :
Make a mod that puts a color pre-fix in front of your name when joining a server, and set that for four players :" Red 1/51"for example, so that will give you 4 guys in squad "Red 1.

With the next bunch of 4 happy players, assign them to squad Blue 2 and so on.
That should encourage team work, for those that feel the need.

Right, of you go lads, get it done, sharpish like !

Thanks for the Tanks.

Upvote 0