• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Mount and Blade Version

I've managed to get my entire party (17) killed or captured, my estate given to me by my new lord has been pillaged, I've been taken prisoner 6 times in a row, I've lost my horse, and I'm having more fun with this game than any other I've played recently, or for a long time.

Upvote 0
Have you tried hitting the switch weapon button a few more times? And the sword has to be in one of the equipment slots, not just your inventory. If it's actually equipped you should see it on your character somewhere.
Tried everything. The only way I can get a melee weapon is to pick one up after somebody gets killed during a battle. So I usually look like an idiot running around until I can find something to grab.

Upvote 0
Lione...

Spotting skill to increase seeing range and then take the map manouver speed skill at the beginning. Then simply manouver from bigger groups and hunt on smaller ones.
Tracking isn't that useful imho.

On actual battle, tactics make it possible to have higher % of maximum number of troops at given time. But this isn't mandatory.

At beginning just get good whit lance. Charge forward and pick on stragglers, just dont rush to thick of it alone. When yuo have nearly won the battle yuo can switch to blunt weapons to get few prisoners just remember to win the battle first.
1-2 levels are ok for prisoners managment yuor not gonna get more of them at beginning and later on big battles are little dangerous to risk it.

Upvote 0
Great game just bought it last week. Had tried the previous versions and didn't see much point going past the trial but seems like there's a bit more happening in the game world now.

Plus if you do get it you should get the battle size extender so you can have more troops on the battlefield at one time (standard is 40-70, but with this you can put it to any number though >200 is not recommended) but its so much better seeing about 50 horses + infantry charging across the hills coming to attack your party.

EDIT: For any UK people out there, including taxes it was

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, the mods make this game so much better. I can't wait to see the Last Days (LOTR) mod for the 0.89x version. :D

They've also made infantry and archers hell of a lot better: you can't just ride around the infantry taking them out one by one since they actually time their swings right so either your horse or you go down quite quickly and the archers actually aim for head and legs if you're using a shield.

Upvote 0