• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
hmm, after a few day, what should be said about this game?

- definatlely good graphics, but poorly optimised (Can get better with new maps)

- nice weapon models

- hitboxes are rather big + lag related issues (as mentioned by psycho chicken; they can fix the hitboxes though)

- hitscan-weapons (easy for snipers)

- map just at the loading screen ( I still get lost in the maps, needs a RO style map, will probably be implemented at some point)

- most maps rather small with focus on 2-3 choke points where 80% of the killing takes place (design issue, can be fixed with community maps)

- player movement + animations (can be fixed in future releases)

- iron sites issues + 3rd person view differs from 1st person ( mentioned by psycho http://forums.insmod.net/index.php?showtopic=6072&st=0 ) (are on the bug list, so will be fixed)

- most servers play the same map

- a lot of immature players

- massive team stacking (worse than RO, 80% go USMC)

- different gamemodes for the same maps like push or firefight

a good mod, but def. too much hype for the outcome
lets see how it goes within a year

Upvote 0
- most maps rather small with focus on 2-3 choke points where 80% of the killing takes place (design issue, can be fixed with community maps)

I find the maps generally too linear. Especially Baghdad, which is a good looking map, but where all the action takes place on the same spot.

baghdadhx2.jpg

There are also many problems with spawn locations, especially on Sinjar (the only big map). At some point, between objective B and C, both Marines and Insurgents spawn in the same basement. If you don't run outside and go the other way you end up in the enemy spawn.

Once again, all the action on this map takes place in one area when Marines try to capture "B", Once this is done, there's no real fight to get C and D. So the whole urban part of this map becomes pretty much useless.

sinjarjc1.jpg

Upvote 0
While the lethalness of the game can cause some levels to get bunched up into never-ending firefights, where a few bugs like being crouched behind something, you shoot whatever you are behind but can still get shot...I still love it being such a deadly game. In RO, I sometimes just sprint across streets in the open that I know have a sniper, a machine-gun, and three riflemen all trying to shoot me at once. It's just fun, and unless one of them actually has skill at aiming, I tend to survive.

Not so in Insurgency. The lamest n00b can plant an M249 and just rape a zone, something I still can barely do with an MG-34.

Upvote 0
While the lethalness of the game can cause some levels to get bunched up into never-ending firefights, where a few bugs like being crouched behind something, you shoot whatever you are behind but can still get shot...I still love it being such a deadly game. In RO, I sometimes just sprint across streets in the open that I know have a sniper, a machine-gun, and three riflemen all trying to shoot me at once. It's just fun, and unless one of them actually has skill at aiming, I tend to survive.

Not so in Insurgency. The lamest n00b can plant an M249 and just rape a zone, something I still can barely do with an MG-34.
Bah, that's my biggest gripe with the game, there's no such thing as marksmanship it's all just point and click no matter how fast your target is moving or at what distance. I cherish a well led rifle shot in RO or ArmA much more than just putting the tip of my sight on a sprinting guy down the end of the road in Sinjar and shooting a zero recoil burst which cleans him up.

That's the other gripe, the guns have like zero or extremely close to zero recoil. I laugh seeing guys ***** about the recoil being unrealistic on the M249 and AK in the forums, compared to RO the guns in Ins are pussy cats recoil wise. The M249 is so easy to control, even standing you can just rip short bursts onto distant targets with no hassles, it's to the point where the bipod is just redundant. And the AK47, ahhh now that is the gun of guns, it doesn't recoil so much as it twitches a bit while you empty 30 rounds exactly into that guys left eye socket down the street.

As I have said before I think this mod has great potential but ballistics and some meaningful recoil would make it so much better. Right now it's so easy I just feel cheap playing it.

Upvote 0
Oleg, puzzles were lame but what character do you mean you had to take care of its survival? The priest? he was invincible... and you really felt you have to worry for his well-being... lol, how sweet of you.

:cool: Oh it cannot be. It's some fat dude speaking with Russian accent carrying the cross and I believe you're right, he was priest or something. But I am perfectly sure that I got "Game Over" when zombies killed him - he wasn't invincible.

Perhaps he was invincible in your game because you play on Easy or use god mode ch3atZ? :D

Upvote 0
The real question is.. what the hell is an AK-47 doing there in the first place? it should have been an AKM.
I've seen my fair share of images and vid's from Iraq, and i have yet to see one single 47, but i've seen tons and tons of AKM's and AKM variants (like the AIMS, that one seems quite popular down there), they are more abundant than sand.

And before anyone says "same difference..", no, its the equivalent of giving the US forces the M16A1 instead of the M4 Carbine.

Its a pet peeve of mine, an AK is not just an AK, theres some pretty important differences between 47's, AKM's, 74's and the 100 series.

Upvote 0
The real question is.. what the hell is an AK-47 doing there in the first place? it should have been an AKM.
I've seen my fair share of images and vid's from Iraq, and i have yet to see one single 47, but i've seen tons and tons of AKM's and AKM variants (like the AIMS, that one seems quite popular down there), they are more abundant than sand.

And before anyone says "same difference..", no, its the equivalent of giving the US forces the M16A1 instead of the M4 Carbine.

Its a pet peeve of mine, an AK is not just an AK, theres some pretty important differences between 47's, AKM's, 74's and the 100 series.

Did you really expect correctness in a crap, unrealistic game?

Upvote 0