• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Read the forums and maybe you should of been on IRC earlier

The expected tiem is 21:00 GMT

So, it will either arrive or it wont

Deal with it, go outside!
So, I guess it won't arrive then. :D
haha omfg it still isnt out :p if this takes any longer i wont even download the mod at all, i didnt even anticipate it all that much. i now lose allmost all interest lol.
Almost lost interest aswell.

If it would take too long, it doesn't matter how impressive it is to me anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FilePlanet wouldn't want their 3 hour premiere happening this late at night, 11:30 PM EST, then have all the regular mirrors up on the main page 3 hours later. Expect it July 2nd around 12PM EST - 3PM EST, when almost everyone around the world is awake and FilePlanet would want a big release happening and the grenade bug which held the initial release back* would probably be fixed.

*As stated by Jeremy.

Lame... :mad:

Upvote 0
From their forum:

We know this community has been craving a status update and we are now ready to give one.

About a month ago, Jeremy decided that after 4 years of hard work, it was a good time to set a release deadline for the end of June.

Many of you are frustrated that the deadline has been stretched out by a few hours, believe me when I tell you so are we. At this point, we can say the mod is ready. All that has been done in the last few hours is polish work since we know you all expect nothing less than perfect content from us. Those few updates are what kept us from releasing a bit earlier in the day.

Again, we want this release to be as enjoyable as possible. That is one of reasons why we partnered with GameSpy (www.fileplanet.com). They have tons of bandwidth so that every one of you can download the mod once released. The problem is, they work in offices and only during business hours, and they have had to return home to their families and to get some sleep.

This is what is going to happen. Within the next hour or so, all the polishing of the mod will be done and Jeremy will put it all in a nice file for us. The FilePlanet staff is waking up early, that file will be sent to them, and the mod will be available for download.

All I need you guys to do is keep in mind that we have all been waiting for this day for a long time now, the release is imminent. We know we have stretched the deadline a bit, but you will not be disappointed.

I am itching to see you all in a server tomorrow. That guy with the M4 kicking your ***? Yeah, that'll be me.

Thanks for understanding guys.
This really sounds like you are in school. The final project is due tommorrow and you are camping out in the computer science lab, working out that bug hehe. It happens all the time in school (based on my personal experience), but I'm not sure it should be happening in the 'real' world though..

Night folks...

Upvote 0
I'm not going to beat the poor horse's carcass again here (for now anyway), there's plenty of others to do that for me. Instead, I'd like to do a quick topic jump to show just how woefully inadequate the Source engine is for any game that's trying to promote realism and how one of the Ins devs showed it without realising.

At the bottom of the post quoted above me there's an animated gif of a dev shooting an insurgent. I've linked it below.

http://www.pvtdev.com/INS/INS.gif

I would like to draw your attention firstly to where the gun sight is, then to where the blood from the impact comes from. At that range, it should be deadly accurate. So either there's BF2/CoD 2 level conefire from ironsights (in which case the Ins devs should be ridiculed mercilessly) or the Source engine's so hopeless that it can't even detect hits in the right place. I'm giving the devs the benefit of the doubt and blaming the engine, but feel free to take the other standpoint. I won't argue...

Upvote 0
:rolleyes:

1. The shot pretty much hit where the gun was pointing. Probably the hitboxes are a tad larger than the player model, as usual. RO (mod version) hitboxes were huge and you can still kill a player in RO (retail) when shooting between his legs sometimes. However on other occasions in RO you won't hit the player even if he is perfectly under your sights, happens very frequently when shooting at enemies who are prone.

2. At that range the shot should hit low, as an aimpoint is usually zeroed at 50-100m. I doubt that this is featured though.

Upvote 0
they couldn't have cocked that release up anymore if they tried.

personally i'm not that bothered that its been pushed back, i just find it on the verge of disgusting that they kept 1700+ people hanging on the forums all day (added to last month) without a single bloody word. All it would have taken was a very short sticky updated every couple of hours and there wouldn't have been such a huge mess. thier public relations team should be strung up.

Upvote 0
True, but a short barreled SMG with a small caliber round and a smooth bore barrel would be expected to shoot at least a little off target (though I do feel that it's too exaggerated in RO). That shot's from an M4 rifle though - big difference. Hence why I give them the benefit of the doubt and blame the engine, which we know is rooted from experience.

Upvote 0
First of an MP40 has a rifled barrel afaik and so do the Russian smgs.

Then there is many, many other things affecting accuracy, some depend on the gun, some on the ammunition, some on the shooter, some on the environment. That is not to say conefire should be more (or less) than what it is in RO, but weapons are not point and click and it is by no means guaranteed that in real life the shot will hit exactly the spot you aimed at. For example: rifles are zeroed at a certain distance and at ANY point before or beyond that there will be an error. This is not protrayed in most computer games, since the bullet actually "spawns" where the sights are and not where the barrel is.

And finally: Holy **** man, you read a whole lot of stuff into a crappy-quality gif-screenshot. I hope you realize that the fundamental flaw you spotted there can be re-created in almost any realism FPS out there, including RO and many others. It's exactly that behaviour that makes me think you people simply don't want to give the mod or its devs a chance.

Upvote 0