• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Armored Beasts mut needs to be started manually...

ad this in the line:
Code:
-mutator=ArmoredBeasts2.ArmoredBeasts2065Beta
or just add the following directly after the previous mutator (no space!)
Code:
,ArmoredBeasts2.ArmoredBeasts2065Beta
if you already have a mutator in the commandline. This only applies if you are using version 2.065 beta of AB.
Also, don't forget to add the mutator to your VotingGameConfig via webinterface to make sure it gets used after a mapvote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ad this in the line:
Code:
-mutator=ArmoredBeasts2.ArmoredBeasts2065Beta
or just add the following directly after the previous mutator (no space!)
Code:
,ArmoredBeasts2.ArmoredBeasts2065Beta
if you already have a mutator in the commandline. This only applies if you are using version 2.065 beta of AB.
Also, don't forget to add the mutator to your VotingGameConfig via webinterface to make sure it gets used after a mapvote.

That didn't work. The ArmoredBeasts files I have in the server are:

ArmoredBeasts2.ini .u and .ucl

How do I find out what version I have?

This is my command line:

ucc.exe server RO-Konigsplatz.rom?deathmessagemode=3?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?MinPlayers=0? -log=ServerLog.log -multihome=64.34.213.81 -Ignore32PlayerLimit=true -mutator=ArmoredBeasts2.ArmoredBeasts2065Beta

Upvote 0
Try putting the mutator part of the line in front of the log section. Perhaps it helps AND put this in your server.ini under the [Engine.GameEngine] section

Code:
ServerPackages=ArmoredBeasts2
This should do the trick, hopefully. Sorry, forgot to mention that before.

My GSP uses TC Admin for the game control panel so I have limited access to how the command line is set up. I have put in a ticket asking if they can rearrange the command line for me. I added that line in my ini file without the command line change and it didn't work. I'll see if they can fix the command line and if it works after that.

Upvote 0
Still no luck. The command line has been reorganized:

ucc.exe server RO-Odessa_Tank.rom??deathmessagemode=3?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?MinPlayers=0? -mutator=ArmoredBeasts2.ArmoredBeasts2065Beta -log=ServerLog.log -multihome=64.34.213.81 -Ignore32PlayerLimit=true

And I added "ServerPackages=ArmoredBeasts2" in my ini file where indicated, but no luck. The mut still isn't starting with the server.

Upvote 0
go to defaults in webadmin

then default voting gameconfig

add the mutators from the drop down list in there.

WHenever someone votes for a map it will those settings for the voted map.

I will double check this, but once the mutator is started in the webadmin, it remains with each map change, so I don't think that's a problem. The problem is that someone has to go into the Webadmin after the server's been restarted and manually start the mut.

Upvote 0
Since I first posted this, I did a reinstall of my server. I just downloaded the mut again, reuploaded everything, changed my command line to this:

ucc.exe server RO-Arad.rom?deathmessagemode=3?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?MinPlayers=0?mutator=ArmoredBeasts2.ArmoredBeasts2065Beta -log=ServerLog.log -multihome=64.34.213.81

and I still have to manually start the mut. I have no bots. When I go into the webadmin after starting the server, it's not listed as running. I have to select the mut, then restart the map to get it to run.

In my redorchestra.ini, I added the line "ServerPackages=ArmoredBeasts2" in the "[Engine.GameEngine]" section.

I also tried the Team Swap mut, but I had the same results... I do have ServerAdsSE mut running without a problem.

Upvote 0
Any other ideas?

setting it in the voting gameconfig in defaults will basically set the mutators the server will run once the server changes map by using a mapvote process.

(you can use it to make different groups and run different muts on different maps)

so if you just set the mutator for all maps the moment a server is restarted yes the game will be stock but once someone ingame has voted and changed the map the mutator will be on.

Disadvantage if your server crashes you must play 1 map without the mut, advantage, no need to change your startup line or whatever that causes you to force a server restart to let things go to effect. Or needing to have acces to change those things. And for clanmatches you can easilly remove the muts again :)

Upvote 0