• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Beta Patch Comments

Actually I can remember a few other things that were going to "ruin the game" going way back. I've been told the following things would ruin the game at various times:
- Realism
- Iron sights
- lack of crosshair
- Free-aim
- Players moving a realistic speed
- bullet ballistics
- Not having Americans in the game

Guess we'll have to keep doing the same thing we've always done - make the game WE like to play, and hope others like to play it too :)

Ramm you forgot one important change that ruined the game according to some:

Having hit-cylinders that aren't 1 m wide and actually match the player models. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Infinity Ward did that too I think.

No, IW made a console game and tried to pass it off as a PC title. They sat on the tools for over six months and tied the community's collective hands the whole way. Big difference. IW sold out, and deviated from a good formula with CoD2. The height of that franchise was UO, which they didn't even make, and brought in vehicles etc.

TWI has stayed true within reason to their original concept and actually have expanded the potential for mappers, modders, and players alike. Drawing comparisions between the two is not really fair on most issues.

Upvote 0
Ramm you forgot one important change that ruined the game according to some:

Having hit-cylinders that aren't 1 m wide and actually match the player models. :rolleyes:

Well, it kinda did. Cuz when they were introduced they didnt register dead-on shots. :rolleyes: Ah, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. But this is ofcourse going back to the days of those wonderful discussions of some saying "its not happening" and some saying "it is happening." And really, who cares?

Upvote 0
man, did you notice??
ptrd's used to be useless at sniping infantry, but now i sniped 5 guys on arad with 6 bullets. it feels better now

Useless hate to break it to you but some people with the ptrd's have always been lethal with it even me allthough not unbelievable im still pretty decent with so its never been useless as a sniper by any means maybe you just had a good day and i'll be seriously annoying if they've somehow made it even easier to snipe with.

Upvote 0
Yosh, I'd like to ask if something can be done about this feature:

-Reinforcement count is now adjusted based on the MaxPlayers server setting. This will fix the problem with reinforcements running out too soon on higher player count servers, and will allow reinforcements to run out properly on lower player count server.

I love what it can do to gameplay. But since I'm more into clan wars, I'd just like to request a "small change" in it, cuz having it based on the MaxPlayers should work very great for public servers, but not that good to clan matches, because every server would have to have the same MaxPlayers setting, wich is near to impossible.

Almost every hosting company does NOT allow admins to change MaxPlayers setting, RO clan matches are mostly played with 8vs8 and can even vary, so that could be a big problem for clan matches...

How about making it based on a custom value that admins can change, instead of MaxPlayers server setting? Just add a setting to the "Map Variable Modifiers" in the webadmin, so that we'd enter the amount of players for that match and the server would load the right reinf value. This way this feature would also be truly awesome for clan matches gameplay as well.

Upvote 0
The in-game music is optional. Look in the configuration.
Yes, but it's currently either enabled or disabled.
At least, I couldn't find anything else.

I haven't found a way to have menu-music on, and in-game music disabled. :(

Also it looks like my framerate is going down when enabling music.

Upvote 0
Yosh, I'd like to ask if something can be done about this feature:

I love what it can do to gameplay. But since I'm more into clan wars, I'd just like to request a "small change" in it, cuz having it based on the MaxPlayers should work very great for public servers, but not that good to clan matches, because every server would have to have the same MaxPlayers setting, wich is near to impossible.

Almost every hosting company does NOT allow admins to change MaxPlayers setting, RO clan matches are mostly played with 8vs8 and can even vary, so that could be a big problem for clan matches...

How about making it based on a custom value that admins can change, instead of MaxPlayers server setting? Just add a setting to the "Map Variable Modifiers" in the webadmin, so that we'd enter the amount of players for that match and the server would load the right reinf value. This way this feature would also be truly awesome for clan matches gameplay as well.

Personally, I think this feature needs polish - servers with bots seem to do some funky stuff...it's like the total number of REAL players determines the reinforcement count, but the bots still take up reinforcement percentages...draining the counter and making the game very short indeed.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think this feature needs polish - servers with bots seem to do some funky stuff...it's like the total number of REAL players determines the reinforcement count, but the bots still take up reinforcement percentages...draining the counter and making the game very short indeed.
Whaaaa??? Please elaborate...

Upvote 0
My only grip are the screams.
I find having some screaming to be useful, it help you maintain "situational awareness". When I've heard screams off to one side or another, I won't be caught completely be suprise if the enemy appears from that direction.

The problem is the frequency of the screams;
It seems that if a grenade goes off, you get several screams, from the people killed, and it's like some wierd echo or 3 part harmony.

Upvote 0