• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Over 10 new maps and increased player limits for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Can we have some sort of Official change log to what is expected in this update or patch please ....

The thread seems to start with 10 new maps then ends with a patch to sort out loads of bugs ? ie leaning, clipping etc etc.

After reading this post over and over iam so confused as too what we are getting here ... ?????

Just maps or what ? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Upvote 0
the update appears to contain bug fixes.

The ungrateful people in here are complaining that the maps aren't really "new" but are rather custom maps that we have seen on servers before, but now they are getting officially released so that everyone has them.

To me its good, I try to avoid custom maps on servers because 90% of them are complete crap. So if the Tripwire team thought these 10 maps were good enough to go into an official update....thats great, 10 NEW maps for me because I most likely haven't played them.

Upvote 0
Teufelhund is at work and can not post while there so he asked me to forward his post.

From DevilDog (Teufelhund):

Why would the release of the BT-7 throw a spanner in CC's efforts? I thought you were working on the Command version? To me it would be another vehicle in the series. I'd like to see it, having the radio on the tank (if that is still in the works) would be an interesting feature.

Tank riding on the BT-7. Well, you saw the video right? :) After a lot of internal discussion we took it from the POC stage to the next step. I added a mapper configurable value to allow riders or not. So, the mapper can choose if they want them or not. In the end there will always pros, cons. We saw it as a benefit to the community, so as you said it could be applied to vehicles that normally did carry troops.

The greater issue with riders will be the effect on performance. Having all those collision boxes and hit points could (and probably will) impact performance at some level.

Upvote 0
It says "in a few weeks".. "few" means at least 3. Re the guy saying there might be new maps - note how it says Community Map Pack underneath the heading "over 10 NEW maps" and only gives details of the maps Smolensk Stalemate, Leningrad and Berezina - maps that have been out for many months already. Its just a cool looking heading that is not actually true. Its misleading and makes people think they'll be getting more than they really are (the people that just read the heading anyway and go OMG NEW FREE OVER 10). I know i'll take what they say in future with a pinch of salt anyway.

Upvote 0
It says "in a few weeks".. "few" means at least 3. Re the guy saying there might be new maps - note how it says Community Map Pack underneath the heading "over 10 NEW maps" and only gives details of the maps Smolensk Stalemate, Leningrad and Berezina - maps that have been out for many months already. Its just a cool looking heading that is not actually true. Its misleading and makes people think they'll be getting more than they really are (the people that just read the heading anyway and go OMG NEW FREE OVER 10). I know i'll take what they say in future with a pinch of salt anyway.

Some forumgoer at IL-2 Forgotten Battles's site coined the term "onwhine" to describe the forum. I think it works perfectly here with the whiny *****es who can never be satisfied, such as yourself.

Get off the computer, go outside, enjoy the weather, get a life.

Upvote 0
Why would the release of the BT-7 throw a spanner in CC's efforts? I thought you were working on the Command version? To me it would be another vehicle in the series. I'd like to see it, having the radio on the tank (if that is still in the works) would be an interesting feature.

we are working on 3 versions for the BT-7

in how far we continue with the bt-7m we will see. The other 2 will for sure make their appearance in CC.
Along with the radio ;)
About Nestors comment, i think we cleared that one above already :)

Upvote 0
My apologies for the mis-interpretation. I don't know that we (AHz) said some much that we didn't want to work with CC but more that we didn't necessarily have the resources to do so and continue our own work. We are working a bit with DH now and are certainly open to helping anyone but it is a matter of time and knowledge, time being the key factor. Additionally, we have a list longer than we care to mention again of things we would like to add. We have two in this update and another four or so to soon follow. The potential is really only limited by the time that Teufel and Lex have to actually do the work required. All of our time is now diminishing with the season change.

Upvote 0
They are new maps to me. I only play official maps because many of the custom I have played are crap. I'm looking forward to this official release of
TW's pick of the best custom maps. I know that they are not NEW... persay.
I couldnt care less I look forward to this update and these maps. I'm wondering what they will be adding to the game in this new big update.
thanks again TW.:D

Upvote 0
They are new maps to me. I only play official maps because many of the custom I have played are crap. I'm looking forward to this official release of
TW's pick of the best custom maps. I know that they are not NEW... persay.
I couldnt care less I look forward to this update and these maps. I'm wondering what they will be adding to the game in this new big update.
thanks again TW.:D

OK so because they say they are good they must be? They are great maps (most of em) and have been on most of the popular servers for many many months. Because they are official they are better in some way? You must have an amazingly high opinion on TW/low opinion of mappers :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0