• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

I once had a P-38L lose one of it's motors, and I still flew it all the way to the enemy base, blew a guy up there, started going back to mine, shot a guy down, got to my base, and landed. All was well.:D

engine failures are pretty common. Most any twin engine plane are designed to be able to still fly safetly with a single engine. Quad engine planes can rely on just two.

Upvote 0
I was on the jet only server and we were getting pounded by the enemy fighters because of the akward spawn position so I jumped in a Komet, and scored sveveral hits but also made a dew mistakes which cause me to lose my wing. Rudder hard to the righht and I rolled in the opposite direction of the spin. I was losing altitude but at least not spinning. Even after I bailed it didn't spin. I recorded several track files so I have proof. also, just because you can't do doesn't mean I can't.

Upvote 0
I was on the jet only server and we were getting pounded by the enemy fighters because of the akward spawn position so I jumped in a Komet, and scored sveveral hits but also made a dew mistakes which cause me to lose my wing. Rudder hard to the righht and I rolled in the opposite direction of the spin. I was losing altitude but at least not spinning. Even after I bailed it didn't spin. I recorded several track files so I have proof. also, just because you can't do doesn't mean I can't.
If you take a look at the Komet, its shape really resembles one.
The wingspan is very small compared to the size of the body and because it uses a rocket drive which produces so much boost, it does not need wings to "fly" (as in gain altitude or at least keep level).

Also, if a plane is designed with such short wings, obviously the loss of one will have less effect on the flying abilities than in, say, a Ta-152.
Its wings are, by the looks (I won't look-up specs now...), longer than the plane's body (which itself is pretty long), so you can imagine the devastating effects.

Upvote 0
God damn, I can barely get up to 200 points! It used to be that when I played on ubi.com on with 2.04, I used to be competeing with the top guys (and one girl) but **** dude, I spend more time looking for servers with the A-9 with which I could be using to get more kills, or getting used to the new flight model.

I can only really fly the A-9, because that's what I've always flown. I know it inside out, and if you put me in another plane (even an older Focke) I will instinctively try to fly it like an A-9 and stall out or get shot or whatever.

bestscore1946dh5.png

EDIT: Well if you're going to brag about scores, I managed to get 1000 points on 1946 as well, but as usual it took me like three hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, it took me 3 map changes. I like the wulfs too, some say they are the best at head on fights. I had a guy coming at me head on in a a9, i put one 3.7 into it's nose.:)

What i love doing though, is flying at a few feet above the ground at really high speeds. I have had SO many enemy planes eat dirt, bridge, house or forrest trying to follow me. I only do it when i am really out numbered, and i normally come out of it with a slightly screwed up plane, but still flying. It does get harder to do when you have a good pilot on you.

I was doing that, with a D9 and a spit on my tail. we were far, far away from any base, and luckily, during a real tight turn, the spit crashed, so i broke out and had a 10 minute dogfight with the D9. it ended with him running out of fuel. I let him land, then went RTB, engine ran out of fuel 2km away from strip and i glided safely down.

Well, im going to fire up fraps and HL. -S-

Upvote 0