• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

I saw this french gameplay video where it was taking like 20 hits at point blank with an MP5 and about 15 with an AK to down rival STALKERS, and all the while they didn't even flinch, didn't look good at all :(

Have a look yourselves - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dg1i_stalker-ingame

In my opinion making a game difficult by having ridiculously strong enemies is really lame :(

Upvote 0
I saw this french gameplay video where it was taking like 20 hits at point blank with an MP5 and about 15 with an AK to down rival STALKERS, and all the while they didn't even flinch, didn't look good at all :(

In my opinion making a game difficult by having ridiculously strong enemies is really lame :(
Hmmm, I think that's because they were wearing body armor. Just from what I could tell in the non-functioning MP demo you can also buy different bullet types which affect penetration for various guns.

Upvote 0
Meh...just watched a couple videos and I'm unimpressed, you can have the same game with Armed Assault, except it would be more realistic.

I was turned off by the AI who couldn't shoot and how it took about half a mag to kill someone. The way the guy played in the demos was terrible as well and very reflective of someone used to shoot em ups.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I think that's because they were wearing body armor. Just from what I could tell in the non-functioning MP demo you can also buy different bullet types which affect penetration for various guns.
Just cause you're wearing a vest it doesn't mean you can stand rigid as a statue returning accurate fire when taking multiple hits...

Upvote 0
I've played the MP beta briefly (before FilePlanet woke up to what was happening) and I've taken down other players with single shots to the head, and only 2-3 shots to the chest/other parts of the body. I've used more bullets in RO to kill people.

Also, PCGamer's review (87%) was very positive about most things, positive enough to make me go out and buy it ASAP.

Upvote 0
The way the guy played in the demos was terrible as well and very reflective of someone used to shoot em ups.
Yeah I agree with that. He had the tactical sense of a bag of gravel. But just because he was playing it stupid (shooting guys wearing body armor in the chest with weak 9mm sub machine rounds) doesn't necessarily mean that's all that's possible. Coey mentions 2-3 shots to the chest in some cases. You can also probably one shot to the head if you are a good sniper. We'll see. I'm not expecting the second coming of Christ and for everything to be 100 totally awesome, I'll play it anyway mainly because the premise is so good. And if it turns out it's not as realistic as some had hoped then hopefully people can create realism mutators to fix that. I play games for different reasons. Some excell in the nuts & bolts gameplay while others excell in pure atmosphere while few have both those qualities perfected simultaneously. I concentrate on what's really good about a game and try to forget the things I don't like about it. We'll see what the reviews will say once it's finally released to the masses.

EDIT: Here we go:
Against humans, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. greatly rewards those with an accurate shot. Body armor, especially later on in the game, can withstand severe punishment. We were standing near point blank against some army soldiers unloading entire clips from an IL-86 (a powerful gun) and caused the enemy to do no more but stumble. A single headshot, however, put him down for good. Outside of the scoped IL-86, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s early weapons are largely inaccurate at medium to long range, meaning your assaults on enemy strongholds or battles out in the open need to be as stealthy as they are precise. This isn't a game where you can wildly run and gun all over the countryside, rather one where you're constantly on your guard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OH LALALA :D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
So far I've heard that the developers intend to leave the game wide-open for modding. Messing with damage output will probably be one of the first things that people do.

Will the game engine support custom mods and maps like the Quake and Unreal engines do?

It will certainly, since mods are a token of the game's longevity.
After the full version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. comes out, we will offer the players a free download of the tools to create their own levels and objects for play.

Upvote 0