• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

I havent played it but isnt Resident Evil 4 is a good console game? At least thats what Ive heard.
And what about assassin's creed? Has yet to come, sure, but seeing all the dev diaries it looks like a lot of thought was put into it, and it was made initially for the xbox.

But this is a great an fertile subject, worthy of a new thread.

Upvote 0
Actually he has a very good point. Games that are created for consoles are nearly always "dumbed down" to a certain degree. Quite a bit, actually, since the intended target audience (regardless of the game's rating) is generally the 10-15 year old crowd. Dedicated PC games tend to be aimed towards a more mature crowd.

Console games ported to PC always feel amateurish to me.

They may be dumped down but I think it has more to do with the game being originally designed for a controller which isnt very precise so the games need to be "easier". Then when its ported to the PC this isnt really addressed and it just feels crappy on the PC.

But you are also right that the consoles do reach a larger market so they need to cover a wider range of opinions, skills and mindsets so you do get the dumbing down effect

Upvote 0
I havent played it but isnt Resident Evil 4 is a good console game? At least thats what Ive heard.
And what about assassin's creed? Has yet to come, sure, but seeing all the dev diaries it looks like a lot of thought was put into it, and it was made initially for the xbox.

But this is a great an fertile subject, worthy of a new thread.

Just a quick reply to this before we get back to S.T.A.L.K.E.R: That's my point, they're made for the console and a controller. I loved RES 4 on my Gamecube but I wouldn't probably enjoy it on a PC. I have lots of console only games that I love but making a half-assed multiplatform game is a different case. That was my point. :)

And malice cleared my point, good post.

Well you should know that Irrational has a special team working on PC version with completely different controls and UI then Xbox360 version. So its not going to be a port like Oblivion :D .

That's awesome news! Maybe there's still hope for us System Shock fans. :eek:

Upvote 0
I watched the BioShock vid awhile back. The guy doing the voice over seriously wierded me out, I even had to stop watching it half way through he was that creepy. The game itself looks really good though.

:p :p ...he really did sound like a psycopath, didnt he?

And Werner, what is sisu? any relation to the finnish server?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So is anyone in the STALKER beta?
It seems to run really well, and god is the lighting fantastic. The weapons are great, and it models balistics really well too. Say you fire a bullet down a pipe, hitting the side, you will see it ricoche down the pipe, and then exit. Bullets will punch through metal and stuff, if they have enough velicoity, and they get affected by wind, and bullet drop.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it looks great while running pretty good. My computer is about to become low end, but it runs pretty smoothly on maximum with dynamic lighting off. Hopefully the same works for the singleplayer.

As for multiplayer, I've only played two internet games, but so far it's pretty fun. I experienced some lag, but then again it's a beta. It's alot like CS, but the atmosphere of the maps really adds to it.

Upvote 0
S.t.a.l.k.e.r I.s G.o.l.d!

S.t.a.l.k.e.r I.s G.o.l.d!

Woot! Finally, Stalker is coming out, I cant wait for this game. Oh, wait, I already did, five years.. well who cares, its coming!!
imageomaticxwd2.jpg

Upvote 0