• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics G41>g43?

I have made some crazy long shots with the SVT, like on Parisier Platz, from one edge of the platz to the archway where the Germans come out hitting a head sticking over the sand bags. I reckon it is pretty damn close to the bolt guns accuracy wise, plus it has a bayonet and the semi-automatic capability, it's the perfect all rounder.

The Gewher 43 might on paper be more accurate but in practical use the flat grey coloured front sights too often gets lost in the terrain you are aiming at, making it near immpossible to distinguish the tip of the blade from your backdrop and put it on your target.

The Gewher 41 is ok, seems pretty accurate, but I don't like the broad front sight post or the reload. Plus in reality it was just a finnicky maintenance nightmare :p

Importantly though the German semi's just lack a bayonet which is inexcusable in my book, what were the Germans thinking in not manufacturing a bayonet for them :D

Also I'd just like to come out and say that I quite often ditch an StG44 for an SVT40 when I get the chance, I do more damage with it...

Upvote 0
I find the G41 to be much easier in the hip shop department. It's a bloody laser gun for me, and I'm not so great from the hip yet. I've always had issues with the sights on the G43. These are, of course, personal preference issues. I've always had a great deal of luck with the SVT40 on Kauk, but it's a bit harder for me from the hip. While you can't compare the G41 and 43, that's certainly a good map to do a side by side on between the SVT40 and the G41.

Upvote 0
Let's face it: SVT-40 > G41 > G43.

I usually play as the Axis, so I don't get to use the SVT-40 much. If the G41 had a bayo and the nice, fast reload of the SVT-40, it'd be a weapon for gods. I love the whacking sound of the bullets as they leave (especially compared to the unenergetic whipping sound of the G43) and the solid feel of the gun. The G43 feels like a children's toy compared to the G41 - and I hate the G43's grey iron sights.

I'm glad the G41 doesn't have a bayo though and the reload time is horrible, when you've used all ten rounds (I prefer to use five and reload quickly instead of using ten and reloading for a month). If it weren't for these drawbacks, I'd prefer the G41 too much over my Kar98k.

The G41 is a good example of how to implement a new weapon, which isn't so powerful that it surpasses all existing weapons. At first I thought "Mein Gott - this is the gun of guns!" but then I noticed the huge reload times and how quickly one gets killed, while juggling with the rifle and two combs of bullets.

Upvote 0
G41 King

G41 King

First off, the STG44 has way too much kick in this game considering that its cartrage is smaller than the standard Mauser 7 or 8mm round. It was designed based on the idea that most gun fights happen at ranges within 200 meters, so the weapon designers gave it a lighter cartrage to make it more "pitched" friendly than the Kar98 and the SMG's.

Secondly, the G41 is superior to the G43 for two reasons:

A) It is more accurate. End of discussion.
B) If you are careful enough to count your shots it can be reloaded any time after you fire the first 5 rounds.

Whenever I have a moment to rest while using the G41 I always pop another 5 rounds into it so that I never run into the problem of having to load all 10 rounds at once. This saves time and your life.

----Lowman

Upvote 0
well, when you think about it , the G41 was a much better gun than the G43

German factories had better materials and better workmen in 1941 than in 1943.

The G41 wasn't near as good as the G43. It was a near total failure as a service rifle. It was too heavy, unreliable, hard to maintain, and difficult and slow to load. It used the Bang system for its loading mechanism, which is heavy and complex. The G43 was superior because the Germans copied the simpler, lighter and more reliable mechanism from the SVT 40.

Upvote 0
Overall the G43 seems better to me, simply due to its vastly superior reload time. All these people saying only shoot off 5 rounds and reload then... sometimes you just can't do that. And if you're only using 5 rounds.. you're defeating the point of a 10 round mag!

Though I admit I do pick the G41 when I can. Simply because it's more fun.

Upvote 0
In the real world the American M1 Grand is superior to anything the Germans, Russians, French, British, Italian, Japanese, etc... ever put into service. In the game my personal preference is the G41 for one more reason I HATE PARTIAL MAGS!!!
Ever fire off the first 8 in the G43 or the SVT-40, get some down time, reload, then later on, in the middle of a fire fight you happen (at random) to pop in that 2 round mag from earlier? This never happens with a careful G41 user.
I know, I know ... just finish the mag and reload ... personally I like to avoid the problem all together because with the G41 if I can't reload at the time, at least I know I have 6 rounds or more to work with.
We all know what the real Germans did in the real war as most of us have studied (or in my case have a master's degree in) history and love World War 2 in Europe. This forum is talking about the game Red Orchestra ... not the real failure of the G41 as a real weapon in a real war.
For the sake of wasting less space we should all bare this in mind.

----Lowman

Upvote 0
Lowman said:
In the real world the American M1 Grand is superior to anything the Germans, Russians, French, British, Italian, Japanese, etc... ever put into service.

Only if you look at the world through star-spangled goggles, my friend. Luckily much of the world does, so you'll have many defenders for your opinion!

But if you lack those goggles, that kind of a claim is just utter, utter... Well, a remarkable show of ignorance.

It's Garand, btw, but I know you know that.

Upvote 0
I loathe all the semi-auto's and rarely, if ever play with them. My preference is long range sniping and I'll trade the rapid fire, CQB capabilities of the semi-auto for the long range accuracy any day. Also, I can't hit squat with the german semi's at any significant range.

For long range work, the semi-auto is virtually neutralized by the big recoil. If you're really aiming, by the time the semi re-orients a bolt has pretty much had time to reload and lay on target again anyway. Sure, the semi-auto will get more rounds out of the barrel, but the bolt will get more hits in the same amount of time. I know what I prefer.

There may be a very narrow range band where a semi dominates bolt and smg, but I don't find many maps really reward that specialization.

Upvote 0