• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I think the devs are up to something....

We know all about the russian server. However there are many problems with it and I won't go into it again. Your opinion on what runs well, and our looking at the CPU at a 50 (now 44) person server are 2 different things :)

Remember this is a test for us. If we like the way it goes we might unlock more player slots (with a strong warning to admins about what bad things can and will happen if they go over what their servers can handle and what maps they can expect to run with extra slots open).

Upvote 0
if it will be on for about 2 more weeks it will take some time till i get a replacement vidcard and playing ro on software is less than desirable :p

I joined it with my intergraded 6100
800x600
16bit
Minimum everything...

Ran pretty decently... Extreamly ugly... but still Very playable.

Joined today that I got my replacement X1650 and I almost had a fragful orgasm:D

Upvote 0
The game (or, rather, the maps) weren't designed to handle over 32 players. Admittedly, they should, because it provides a more realistic bolt rifle to "everything else" ratio. However, I have noticed it lag considerably. Things like grenades appearing at your feet when you go to throw them, have to bolt twice, your bullet going where your gun was pointed a second ago, etc.

While its a nice experiment, I don't find it to be very enjoyable.

Upvote 0
I tried it out and it went pretty smoothly. Only when a hundred nades were going off (beginning of a round) did I notice any performance issues, but they were only minor. Stalingrad Kessel was a ton of fun when both the assembly hall and north rail were both being attacked by hordes of russians.

Please make respawn times longer in the server so we dont run our of rienforcements when there are five minutes remaining!

Upvote 0
Been playing this server a bit, seems to run well with the 44 players, it was damn fun taking part in a 22 man German assault on the BR of Kaukasus (and yelling retreat all the way lol). I was getting a ping of 270 which is better than I get to most US servers and the game performed just as well as it always does.

Do you have Basovka up on it? I reckon the fighting for the trenches would be absolutely MAD with 44 people :D

@EvilHobo, I find it odd you're having those problems I haven't noticed anything like that at all, even with the server fully loaded on LyesKrovy, my grenades go where I want them and so do my shots (with the associated delay of course), and this is from overseas.

In the end I think it makes sense to at least test it and if it is somewhat workable allow the option of servers having more than 32 slots.

Upvote 0
I was lucky enough to get in there. My usual ping to a server in the states is around 140. When the player count went upto the 40ish mark it started creeping up towards 180. It was good though, and I didnt experience too much lag at those numbers

Opinion on TS, was that it was certainly worthwhile.

I even managed to shoot Yoshiro! Only once fair enough, but still... :D

<RTR>Sgt.Ricky.EU

I have been getting 240 ping to the states from australia on a 32 player server. On the 44 player TW server it went from about 240 with 32 players to about 270 with 44 players. I have a 24Mbits/s connection 1Mbit upload.

Upvote 0