• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Avs-26/svt-38/PTRS

[Mad_Murdock]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
Basically, as the title says, I was wondering if we would ever get to see either of these in-game.

I dont know about the AVS(its a 15 round, semi/full auto SVT-looking carbine), it seems to be more of a pre-war thing, but the SVT-38 could be an interesting toy. The thing is, its basically the exact same thing as the SVT-40, except in looks, so i guess i just proved myself wrong, but hey the PPD is in, meh. Just asking about these cause i want more guns in-game.

Now, the PTRD is a nice gun, but with the supposed update to the armor system we've been "promised"(in quotes to dodge repercussions), the PTRD is gonna be toned down agains tanks, so when can i get my hands on a PTRS. The two rifles were pretty much adopted at the same time, and the PTRS served longer than the PTRD because of its firepower advantage, so why cant we have it?

And give me my Nagant already.

Last edited:
I feel as though adding the SVT-38 would make as much sense as adding the MP38, which is, in my view, none at all. Just some minor changes which don't really warrant the addition of the new weapons.

I agree. I'd like to see these guns but I can't see the point in adding them when we could have more imporant additions. I do very much like the idea of the PTRS though.

Upvote 0
[quote='[Mad_Murdock]The two rifles were pretty much adopted at the same time, and the PTRS served longer than the PTRD because of its firepower advantage, so why cant we have it?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure PTRS production was canceled midway through the war and all production transfered to the PTRD. Simply because it was cheaper and more reliable. The PTRS was prone to jamming if I recall, especially in the harsh conditions so common in the eastern front.

That being said, both AT rifles were produced in huge numbers and so it makes sense to include both.

Upvote 0
ptrs....... infantry hunting!

now someone needs to make a mutator where someone with 1 full auto ptrs with huge mags gets stormed by 31 bayo chargers.

mass amputation!

Secret weapons of ww2 :rolleyes: with russian zombie dogs and german UFOs and hitlers twin brother (cloned ofcourse). The cool stuff about WW2 not the lame one we know.

Dont forget miniguns und jetpacks.

Upvote 0