• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Personalize weapons

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
One thing I sometimes come across during a game of ROOST is seeing a rifleman with an mg, a smart man would think he found that mg just lying around somewhere in the dirt next to a dead body, ofcourse he would be absolutely right. I don't know if this was only done by the Americans (from what I've seen in movies), but what if you could give your weapon a name like "Daisy" or "bangbangtube". That way players would sooner stick to their given weapon thus probably making it more realistic.

suicide.gif

No.

Upvote 0
One thing I sometimes come across during a game of ROOST is seeing a rifleman with an mg, a smart man would think he found that mg just lying around somewhere in the dirt next to a dead body, ofcourse he would be absolutely right. I don't know if this was only done by the Americans (from what I've seen in movies), but what if you could give your weapon a name like "Daisy" or "bangbangtube". That way players would sooner stick to their given weapon thus probably making it more realistic.

Umm...first of all, you lost all credibility when you said, "from what I've seen in movies". Movies, in particular American movies have pretty much zero basis in reality and no relation at all to the Eastern front; which was exponentially more titanic of a struggle and the second world war was fought and won on the Eastern front.
Second...it's well known and documented fact that even in real life soldiers often picked up the superior weapons of their enemies and used them.
Odd choice of a post.

Upvote 0
I mean no disrespect at all but I think this idea is pointless no to say unrealistic or simply stupid...

As for me, even if my old trusty and beloved Kar98 named Athena's Ox Cutter or whatever was the love of my life, I'll be throwing it away to pick up a bloody SVT40 from a dead ruskie any day.
Heretic. I'd keep the Mauser, myself. :p

I've seen a lot of suggestions by crusher over the last while. This one is not the best.

Oh and russians routinely picked up german weapons (for thier reliability) untill high command said it was no longer allowed.
Gotta love that high command... Germany did the opposite, they stole the SVT design wholesale and with a few mods, pressed it into service as the G43 :D

For those on crack, yes.
Oh snap.

Actually, this idea isn't so bad... in a sense. Instead of just naming your rifle, what would be good (but only really applicable to snipers, really) would be to add cloth wrappings, netting, vegetation to camouflage it... but it'd also be seriously impractical so there's not much chance of it happening.

Upvote 0
Well, in the army I knew my weapon by number... I still remember mine by heart. It's important to know which weapon is yours so you can trust that it's in the condition you left it in (plus the sights are individually set).

But this is a completely pointless suggestion.

So what you'd want is the game to show "Pick up Boomstick" or whatnot in white letters when a player looks at a weapon on the ground? What exactly would you gain? Confusion among new players who don't yet recognize the weapons by their looks?

You can role-play SPR as much as you want, screaming Thunder, Flash in VOIP and calling your weapon Bangtube, but there is no reason to waste the developers' time on this. What's next, renaming our helmets to "kettles" or "bloodcups"?

Upvote 0