• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-TractorWorks_beta3 with 45mm

Slyk,
I'd have to second V Grossman's comments to a tee! The anti-tank guns are "worth the price of admission" alone....;)
I would also second the other comment, no plane sounds, a bit more arty. Last comment I would make is my guys are clamoring for some type of Russian personnel carrier...it's a long run over to those apartments...lol
Keep up the great work, and we hope to see more maps from you....

Upvote 0
The point really shouldn't be to run over to the apartments. I don't see it as worth the Russians time to waste a lot of lives in there. It grinds down both teams. Now that the spawn managers are working better, the Russians will be spawning out of there rather early. I set the map up with the two 'speed-bumps' on purpose. Originally I had the Russians down 5:3 in reinforcements. I'm now at 5:3.8 and cut the map time to 40:00.

I really think that the best strategy for the Russians is much like Berezina. Use the initial spawn/defense position to whack a few vehicles and kill one or two dozen Germans, if possible. Allow the position to be taken while setting up defense zone #2 in the apartments. I've knocked a hole in the 3rd floor southwest corner allowing the Russians to fire directly into the on-coming Germans, no more leaning out windows. At the apartments the Russians should guard the stairs and stay out of the windows. Get your ATR and sniper involved in running from window to window and taking quick shots then heading for cover. Keep the Pz and Stug off balance firing at infantry while the T34 moves into position. Once the West Commons are down (should be priority to Germans), the Russians should be holding the stairs as long as possible while respawning guys should be digging in around the commons and monument areas. Let the Germans cap the apartments. By the time you hit minute 6-10 you should have cut a good 15%+ off their reinforcments.

The battle for the open ground is tough. Russians need to be smart and not waste lives. Cover your tank from German sappers and get your own into position to blow up the German armor. By the time the open ground objectives fall, the Russians should be running a fluid defence along the admin windows to the Gate. That gate alone could cut 20% off the Germans. Once the fight is into the Admin, there are too many ways in for the Germans to counter them all. Russians should vary their attack routes and keep the attackers off balance. Set up mutually supporting fire positions and continue to force the Germans through the grinder. A good SL can do a lot here, running from capzone to capzone to add his extra weight and coordinate the defenders.

I think it is just as much if not a more teamwork oriented map than Berezina. German strategy is pretty straightforward most of the way. Armor cover your infantry and infantry protect your armor. If the Stug concetrates on the T34 and the Pz kills infantry and aids the Stug, the Russians should have a very hard time of it. German infantry: Two rules. 1) USE FULL HTs, not solo or two guys at a time. 2) Hit in force. Dump 6, 8, 10 guys at one location, armor interdict reinforcements if possible, infantry push and push clearing rooms through the building. It is entirely possible for a coordinated German team to win this in under 20 minutes.

Upvote 0
You could make a sewer extension that runs close behind the apartments and have the Russians spawn in the sewer. lol, "what are you too good to spawn in a sewer?" Also you need to add teenage mutant ninja turtles in the sewer. Silly silly me.

Actually....where were you 24 hours ago with that suggestion? Seriously. That's a great idea. Not the turtles, but the sewer. We were talking yesterday afternoon about the options and I didn't past putting in a basement. But that is a really good idea. Too bad the map is 'in'. Ah, for the final maybe.

Beta 4 will be released later today to the general public. In the meantime, you can find it running on After-Hourz.com servers.

Upvote 0