• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Single Player Mode Discussion (Merged Threads)

I disagree that we should have or need a single player mode any more than the one we have now. As stated above TW are a small company. The cost of getting actors & story boards & stuff like that would be very restrictive to the TW guys. RO is a multiplayer game. It's as simple as that.
IF you look at the suggestions forum you'll see that us greedy little gamers are asking for new game content every day & we're constantly thinking of new things we want in RO. There's only so much they can do & i for one want them to carry on improving the MP side rather than wasting time, effort & money on a Disney story for the younger members of the RO family. The wrinkly lot like me are more concerned with the realism & gameplay than pretty scripts & a story line.
Cheers & keep up the good work TW.
Rob

Upvote 0
SP games can still be great. Example, Hitman

True. right now im playing Blood Money on the highest setting. make any mistake, and you're pretty much toast:cool: i got every target in one mission, made all of their deaths look like accidents, then got killed right before the end. restart :p finally a game that makes you think again :eek:

next to that i like the fact that im in a world that i dont have to share with another, but is just mine. games like Gothic 1 and 2, and Morrowind, with a world where you are a part of, and no one else's, and you can shape other's futures by your doing.
oblivion, just blows. 'nuff said.
but especially Gothic 1, immersed me greatly, i played it together with a mate, and we both went different directions in the story due to different decisions made. i joined the Old camp, but later on i took more quests from the New camp, so the Old camp thought i was a traiter and they waited for me at the gates to kick my butt when i returned. my mate joined the Swamp camp, a bunch of stoners worshipping the Sleeper, and had a totally different story line. eventually in my story, the old camp invaded the new camp, and took their mines to mine the magical ore they traded with the outside world for food and women. i love this game.

next to that i love a story. a story in wich i can love myself and forget about life for a while. be someone else, be somewhere else.
wich is not to be found online, where asshats ruin any good experience you might have had. ( but thankfully this is not the case in RO, thats why im still playing... any other game cant keep me playing like RO can )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
complete WW2 combat simulator

complete WW2 combat simulator

Why I want to see develop on single player mode:

I see potential in RO to be a complete WW2 combat simulator, but I do believe that the game needs more development on the AI. It needs also to be improved on to give orders to the AI like movements and how it shold format.

cheers/
niklas

Upvote 0