• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
the upper receiver is already metal on the TM Thompson. the lower receiver is plastic and I haven't been able to find any metal lower receivers.

Well, i wanted to search around and try to find some cool tommy kits, because im pretty sure i came across something very nice some weeks back whilst looking at AK parts, but apparently that big earthquake severed Taiwans connection to the rest of the world, so all the big HK shops are as good as offline (both WGC and Wolfs load so slow its impossible.. and thouse are the only im sure has absolulety everything on the market).

But regardless, im pretty sure i saw a lower reciver (but not 100% sure, i wasen't looking for Tommy parts afterall), and i have definately seen outer barrels and top recivers plus assorted bits, and i hear that CAW wood kit is very nice, and should fit an 8,4v batt easilly, and a 9,6v batt with some work, so thats a no-brainer, must have! :)

Marui makes good guns, they work well and their boxes are good, and they have some of the best hop units, but i dont care for their finish, plastic and zinc composite metals, their metal is terrible, brittle, strange glossy coating, and any scrathes in it will soon grey and look like lead.. hence i've opted to only keep the box from my AK-47s, the rest is Guarder and G&G parts made of steel, it makes a world of difference!

Marui guns work great, but look cheap, but theres so many good parts out for them, its a shame to leave them standard with all thouse goodies just begging to be installed, they are great kit-guns ;)

Upvote 0
Santa was good to me this year :D

Hellooooooo nurse
S5030529.jpg

Those curves, those lines...
S5030532.jpg

Flip side
S5030533.jpg

rear sight detail
S5030535.jpg

Moar detail
S5030538.jpg

Me with my 80% complete vietcong impression, still need ak47 chest pouch, and some extra magazines.

S5030525.jpg

Upvote 0
Dont paint the cap black.... if you get an asshole at one of the airsoft arenas... your not gonna be able to use it, also thats how you get locked up, if a cop sees that with out the orange tip, he wont hesitate to fire his gun....

With my SWAT MP5 I can unscrew my orange tip, so for pictures I do that... but If I am outside, It goes right back on! :D

As soon as I get pictures of all my gear on for my second version of SWAT Ill post a pic..

The second version is withough the gas mask, but I have a hood on, and I have a shield and a glock/with light...

And when I go out for halloween this year, Ill have pictures of my sniper outfit, full ghilie suit, my sniper rifle with a ghilie wrap on it.... should look sweet..:D

Upvote 0
Its wierd over here in the UK all the airsoft guns dont have an orange tip, i guess it because the lack of guns in this country.

I remember 1 morning i was loading mine and my friends guns into the back of the car and we got funny looks from the neighbours lol, then i went over and explained it was a game and they werent real guns, so no police calls there :p

Edit: Here i am (back row 2nd from right), i just have a basic ICS m4 with vertical foregrip upgraded to 350fps.

teambmvs4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why does the MP5 in the back left have such a long barrel? Do they regulate the barrel length on toys in some places? :confused:

Nope, but a longer barrel gives accuracy and power.. its an odd way to do it thought, he could just have put a big suppressor on it and have a longer inner barrel, that would have looked more natural.

To my knowledge, the US and Japan are the only countries with strange airsoft rules (in the US its orange tips and no markings, in Japan tuning the guns beyond 1 joule is illegal), most other places, its either illegal or its legal, and thats that.

Most places few rules apply, such as you must be 18 to own one (sometimes 16), you are not allowed to play in public or carry the guns visibly (could cause a panic), and some places face protection is required, others its only eye protection.

About the cops though, i read a couple of replies from fellow Danes on the danish Airsoft community, about the cops showing up at the doorstep because their neighbours had seen guns in their house, and its the same story every time: Cops show up and ask to see the guns, the airsofter show them the guns, they verify that they are legal, and then ask "Hey.. can i try it?!", and they all have some laughs and spend some BB's :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nobody here in my area (east coast, USA) has orange tips on their guns unless they're too lazy to take it off or color it over. It's only a law that when you are selling an airsoft gun that you need to have an orange tip on it. Once you buy it you can take the orange part off.

What are the FPS limits you guys play at? In my area it's 420 with .2g BB's for AEG's, and 500fps with .2g BB's for semi-automatic and bolt action sniper rifles.

Upvote 0
Dont paint the cap black.... if you get an asshole at one of the airsoft arenas... your not gonna be able to use it, also thats how you get locked up, if a cop sees that with out the orange tip, he wont hesitate to fire his gun....

With my SWAT MP5 I can unscrew my orange tip, so for pictures I do that... but If I am outside, It goes right back on! :D

As soon as I get pictures of all my gear on for my second version of SWAT Ill post a pic..

The second version is withough the gas mask, but I have a hood on, and I have a shield and a glock/with light...

And when I go out for halloween this year, Ill have pictures of my sniper outfit, full ghilie suit, my sniper rifle with a ghilie wrap on it.... should look sweet..:D

i guess i should never take the fully black bb rifle i have outside then:D

too bad its broke

Upvote 0
I don't think I'd ever risk pointing an airsoft with a very visible orange cap at a cop, they would still shoot you.

Very true! Some gang members paint their guns red or blue to make it look like they are toy guns. Turns out they aren't. Cops are told to treat EVERYTHING that looks like a gun as a real gun. You never really know....

Upvote 0
Heh, if I tried that with my cat Moz he'd go ape**** at me! My miniature fox terrier on the other hand puts up with it and even fires (ie. barks) on command.

I didn't know if airsoft was illegal here or not, I found out about 4 years ago when I ordered one of the really high quality AK101's, just like yours Moz. I think if I recall correctly it was gas powered and semi-automatic, or it might have been electric and full auto, all metal and proper composite stuff. Anyway it got all the way to our shores where customs seized it and I got a nice letter informing me that I had tried to import an illegal firearm and that the penalty for this offense is a $10,000 fine and or 3 years jail time, but I was getting off with a warning. So I inquired further about it figuring I should be able to register it as an air rifle on my Category A and B shooters licence but nope, they are explicitly banned in Australia mainly because of how realistic they look.

****s I reckon I would have had some good fun with it :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0