• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Manual spring loaded pistols are not the problem, they are very weak, but even then i'd not want to play without masks.

However, when you go to an airsoft range, just about everyone will have AEG's and GBB's, and most of thouse will be tuned, and then theres the snipers loaded with 0,43g BB's and 300% tunekits, thats the stuff that will take out teeth and eyes, and you sure as hell dont want to get hit on the nose or ears either!

Its also a good idea to wear a scarf, getting hit in the throat is not fun..

Upvote 0
Sounds like what I had...

Are the electric gizmoz any better ???

For some reason... I just dont think that anything electric is powerful...

However... from close range... those spring weakling pistols still do damage to the skin... I got shot with it a few times, shot my friends a few times...
And it really marks you're skin...
For a day or 2

Upvote 0
Sounds like what I had...

Are the electric gizmoz any better ???

For some reason... I just dont think that anything electric is powerful...

Ofcourse, AEG's work the same way an air-rifle does, you have a piston and a powerfull spring to create the air preasure that fires the BB.

Only difference is, you have an electric motor to cock it after each shot, a series of gears connects with the piston, and like clockwork, winds the piston back and releases it when you shoot.

So basically, spring loaders and AEG's work the same way, only the AEG's can load much more powerfull springs with their motor than a spring gun can by hand, since it has all thouse gears to transfer power in a smart way.
And ofcourse, AEG's are full and/or semi auto instead of manual ;)

Upvote 0
Questions
Can you use a Paintball mask for airsoft ?
I have never seen any Airsoft Places in Quebec... or even herd of them...
So... it would be a good idea to open an all Airsoft Business here

also... for those who whipe in paintball or say they never got shot...
Just shoot them untill they cry and run out

Can you use a paintball mask for airsoft, yes, in my pictures I was using one. We are lucky that paintball asylum lets us play there, most paintball places dont allow airsofters for some reason.

And about people not being honest, its on the honors system, and you can tell most of the time if people are cheating.

Upvote 0
I have heard that they make mp40 airsoft guns and I saw the one =knife= has. Where might I be able to check these things out? I looked on the web a bit but I wasn't able to see much maybe one of you guys knows a good place to buy an mp40?:confused:

Edit: New question, what do you guys think of the Classic Army ca36?(g36) I saw it on airsplat.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the Top Mp40 can definitely be used as a skirmish gun. The body itself is built like a brick. It's just the internals that are more or less crap. You really need to baby it. The number 1 cuase of breakage is when somebody turns the hopup too high and the air pressure caused by the BB getting stuck when they shoot blows the gearbox up. You also need to take it apart and clean it after just about every skirmish. So I'd definitely wait for one of the newer Mp40's that will be out soon. The TOP mp40 is really only for experienced people..

Upvote 0
the Top Mp40 can definitely be used as a skirmish gun. The body itself is built like a brick. It's just the internals that are more or less crap. You really need to baby it. The number 1 cuase of breakage is when somebody turns the hopup too high and the air pressure caused by the BB getting stuck when they shoot blows the gearbox up. You also need to take it apart and clean it after just about every skirmish. So I'd definitely wait for one of the newer Mp40's that will be out soon. The TOP mp40 is really only for experienced people..

You are contradicting yourself, no gun that needs to be babied is skirmish ready, a skirmish gun needs to be tough, both inside and out.

The TOP can be made skirmish ready, with an all new box, steel gears, new ball bearings etc etc, but it is not good to go out of the box.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses guys I guess I'll look into something else, it was damn expensive anyway.

There's also a Thompson (Marui) and a Greasegun (Hudson) on the market, affordable, and skirmish ready, and the tommy atleast can be upgraded with metal body and wood (theres even a kit to turn it into the delux mafioso model).

That might tickle your fancy if you want a WWII SMG.

But WWII guns are in short supply, not many models made, even fewer that are any good, its easier to make a Vietnam kit, and a modern kit is very easy.

The only WWII guns worth getting are the Tommy (TM), Greaser (Hudson), Kar98 (Tanaka), fine guns out of the box, and affordable, and the Tommy and Kar have extra goodies avalible for them.
For the advanced airsofter with money to burn, the TOP MP40 and the Shoei STG-44 (external airsupply version) are cool, and i dont know about the MG-34 or MG-42 models, never seen one in real life (very expensive!).

You'll want to stay clear of the Marushin gas rifles (Kar98, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine), they are very cool, good finish, looks like a million bucks, which makes it very sad that they are so frail, you'll be lucky to fire 500 rounds out of either of them before they have destroyed themselves compleately, and its not because they are cheap! and spare parts are hard to get.
Its a shame, i really wanted that M1 Carbine untill i learned how quickly they break themselves.

Upvote 0
img1036kg6.jpg

Christmas gift.:)

Upvote 0
Just finished test firing the Thompson and it's pretty good. Fires at about 280 FPS with .20g BBs and has a really fast RPM. It's not as accurate as my M14 or M16, but of course that's due to the shorter barrel.

My main gripe with the weapon however is the battery compartment door. My 8.4V battery fits inside it alright, but the door is too big and it won't allow me to push the door in all the way and close the flap. The battery that Tokyo Marui reccomends for the gun doesn't fit properly into the stock!:mad:

Upvote 0
Just finished test firing the Thompson and it's pretty good. Fires at about 280 FPS with .20g BBs and has a really fast RPM. It's not as accurate as my M14 or M16, but of course that's due to the shorter barrel.

My main gripe with the weapon however is the battery compartment door. My 8.4V battery fits inside it alright, but the door is too big and it won't allow me to push the door in all the way and close the flap. The battery that Tokyo Marui reccomends for the gun doesn't fit properly into the stock!:mad:

Kit'age my lad, to make that tommy really shine, you'll want kits.

First off, the imitation wood, its made from a composite plastic, its a brittle material, any crack in it and it will start to crumble, and theres nothing you can do about it.
So you get a real wood kit, looks better, its stronger, and its a material you can work with! can't fit the battery you want? get a file and make room! :)

Second off, the body itself, its ABS plastic, its a strong mold secure plastic, it wont just break, beeing flexible in nature, but, after skirmishing a bit with it, you'll find that it scratches somewhat easilly, so when your tommy is looking scratched and ugly, get a metal body for it! it'll look nicer, even if it does get scratched again, and it'll last you longer.

Kits are the airsofters freind.

And when the box finally dies, thats a great time to tune it, its a short barreled Marui, so you'll want steel gears, steel ball bearings, a ventilated piston housing, and a good spring and piston, then she'll shoot brilliantly.

Upvote 0