• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

Athlon 2600+ XP
Radeon 9800 Pro
1gig Ram

How well will it run? Will it work on low settings+1024x768 with 30fps+?

Forget about it.

A64 3500@2,6Ghz
7800GT@450/1200Mhz
2Gb

With view distance set at 500m and most of the details on medium I think I get something like 15-35fps in woods. Playable, but barely. In one of the SP missions I had really hard time hitting anything with a scoped rifle due to low fps. Oh well, might as well upgrade to C2D when ArmA hits stores here. It's only money... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Im running everything on max, with the view distance at default and a resolution of 1152 x 864 (or w/e) @ 75hz.

So far I get pretty smooth gameplay everywhere, though sometimes using scopes on the sniper rifles (the true sniper rifles), it does slow down, but its mostly conditional (like there is a huge city in my scopeview, or hundreds of units.

Im running off an x1900xtx, Opteron 170 @ 2.4 and 2 gigs of ddr 500

That air battle I had ran silky smooth, though I had it over rhamadi (or whatever the new desert island name is).

Upvote 0
I'm usually not very excited about new game releases, but ArmA makes me feel all giddy inside. Especially after seeing videos of it (like Dslyecxi's). I'll wait until 2007 though for the European release. What makes kittun sad is quotes like

"A64 3500@2,6Ghz
7800GT@450/1200Mhz
2Gb

With view distance set at 500m and most of the details on medium I think I get something like 15-35fps in woods."

since my video card is a GeForce 6200. Supposedly the video card is often a bottleneck. One players said his dual-core processor was about 60% loaded when playing.

Also, what Naturalpoint needs to do is release a head-mounted display to go along with TrackIR. The technology should be there by now. The days of the headache-inducing cyberhelmets of the 90's are long gone. Theoretically they should be less of a strain on the eyes since the optics can be made to focus the image at infinity instead of 40cm like when looking at normal monitors (focusing close contracts the eye muscles, focusing at infinity relaxes them afaik).

Upvote 0
Hey dyslecxi, can you get us some good night photos? Some without much light. I noticed in OFP you can sort of see boxes...it was wierd, and even though it could get VERY dark in OFP you could usually see alright although it hurt the eyes a bit.

Is ARMA darker? Is it possible to change how dark it is, like via the moon?
The moon has a dramatic effect on how visible it is at night. With the moon gone, you can barely see anything. With a full moon high in the sky, you can see pretty well.

Upvote 0
Disabling shadows gives a humongous performance boost. I noticed +15-20fps with shadows off. A little bit of a downgrade visual-wise, but worth the boost even though I was getting around 35-50 on average with High details. I'd rather have consistently smooth frame rates than get choppy now and then because of shadows.

Hopefully for the US/UK release they will enhance performance via patches. The game is a really big system hog. I thought Oblivion was a hog but it has nothing on ArmA, even with a dual-core.

Upvote 0
ongoing_war.jpg

Armed Assault Zone is proud to announce the release of OnGoing War.
The short film is produced by our very own AverageJoe and Rascal.

Check it out HERE

Upvote 0