• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commander snatching

Stupid team killing for weapon could be prevented if you are able to vote out bad sniper or any other special class player.

Player who wants to be squad leader, sniper or machine gunner and knows he could do better, could try to vote out current special class player and if he gets support votes he is becoming new squad leader or sniper or machine gunner. Maybe two support votes could be enough.

Upvote 0
see, in rl, morons wouldent get promoted into these positions, which is the problem in game when people grab these positions and are noobs and their team looses because of that. most of the time, these noobs need a few more days or weeks with a rifle in order to learn how to properly use these weapons they snatchup...

I think voting system is best way to prevent this, vote noob off if you want to be a leader. I bet everybody will give you support vote if you seem to know what you are doing. This happens in real life also, really bad commanders are replaced quickly.

Upvote 0
A voting system wouldn't work.

When was the last time you saw a teamkiller get successfully kickvoted?

This would be a bit different, team killers are disconnecting from server too fast to be able to succesfully kick vote them. I suggested waiting time for artillery team killers that they have to wait until strike ends before they can switch sides or disconnect, otherwise they are kicked from server and can't reconnect in to that same game session.

Upvote 0
i agree.

plus, every 2 seconds someone would be voting the commander out just because they want to be that class. it would turn into a big mess with vote text all over the hud every second

Give support vote only if you think current commander is bad and you have time to vote (respawned). Everybody could vote for that position but support votes only counts, how about 4 support votes then or more, so how many times you need to vote commander out, perhaps only one time? There could be only one voting chance per game, so players can change commander position only once.

Upvote 0
The voting system needs to be more streamlined, like in America's Army.

A good amount of players have probably never even known about the votekick through the menu.
Yeah the kick vote (or any other future type of voting) needs to be bindable to a button like F4 etc because even I only knew how to kick vote after someone informed me it was buried in the game menu in some obscure location. Sometimes I think they're trying to make it harder for people to get into the game for reasons unknown to me.

Upvote 0
How about you can't pick the commander class until you've scored 10 points?

The only downside is that both teams would be missing the commander position at first. But at least it would be balanced.

Personally, I've always liked my "limited lives per class" rule, that you only get to be in a limited class for a number of lives equal to that class's number limit. So you would only get ONE life as a commander. Better stay alive!!!

And you can keep that class when you score 10 points with it. So as long as you keep getting kills, capping stuff, resupplying, etc, and not dying, you'll build up a lot of lives as that class.

Upvote 0