• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please check the KV-1S armor values

I've noticed this too. Seems like since the patch the KV-1S seems to go up in flames alot easier than the T34 which seems weird considering it was a heavy tank while the T34 was a medium. I find myself choosing the T34 now over it for greater protection. Does the T34's armor slope really give it better protection than the KV-1S? KV-1S is my favorite Russian tank too which makes me sad.

Upvote 0
The KV-1S was a updated but still outa date model of tank used as a stop gap for the T-34s. The T-34 was way better with the sloped armor and the added range from a much longer and more powerfull main gun.

To pout it bluntly the T-34 was a much better tank and should be better in game like it is now.

Upvote 0
The KV-1S was a updated but still outa date model of tank used as a stop gap for the T-34s. The T-34 was way better with the sloped armor and the added range from a much longer and more powerfull main gun.

To pout it bluntly the T-34 was a much better tank and should be better in game like it is now.

What? :confused:

The KV was intended for a different role than the T-34, it was not a stop-gap for it. The KV-1S had reduced armor from earlier KV-1 models in order to improve mobility. The question of if the T-34 was better tank than the KV has no relevance to a question on the armor model of the KV in RO.

Upvote 0
meanwhile ingame the pzIII can 1 hit knockout a kvis from a frontal on the ammo storage, and its practically impossible to angle so as to not take damage from a p4 f1

Well, a PzIII would have more of a chance against the KVS than other types of KV tank.

The KVS is the "sports" edition of the KV tanks. It has less armmor so it can go faster and keep pace with those nippy t-34s.

Upvote 0
The problem for RO, in my opinion, is that when the Germans were presented with an opponent they could not destroy, they just called in air support to get rid of them. Something that isn't portrayed in RO at all. If the KV-1S or any other model of KV were introduced accurately the Germans would require this in order to overcome it.

... anti-tank guns?

I think so, we need anti-tank guns.

Upvote 0
The problem for RO, in my opinion, is that when the Germans were presented with an opponent they could not destroy, they just called in air support to get rid of them. Something that isn't portrayed in RO at all. If the KV-1S or any other model of KV were introduced accurately the Germans would require this in order to overcome it.

And yet people want the Tiger to be a super tank and even want the King Tiger added. Pffff, double standards.

A KV-1 1941 could still be taken down by a PzKfw III or IV, it jus thad to be flanked or hit at close range, much like the Tiger. Either that or call in the artillery.

Upvote 0