• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Greatest Wishes (Dreams) For A Big RO Update

Any intel on that? :D I was wondering if it really was that slow, but why not.

"The turret was thick and massive, with vertical sides, and so heavy that it needed a low-geared hand operation to turn it, the gunlayer having to make 720 revolutions of a handwheel to rotate the turret through 360[degrees]. A foot-operated hydraulic traversing gear was also fitted but it was too slow, and this led to a tactical disadvantage since it was possible to sneak up on a Tiger from the side or rear and loose off a quick shot or two before the gunner could bring the ponderous gun and turret to bear on his assailant." - John Keegan (World War II, PRC Publishing Ltd.,2001).

Upvote 0
This is perhaps THE most organized and interesting posts in the RO Forums. No kidding, you have for the most part reasonable suggestions for improving RO:O. Kudos for you all!

If you want my opinion, first fix the armour problem, then slow the BA-64 down, make machine gunners able to disable it, like the tires, and other spots where there would be little armour.

Next add new tanks: Panzer IV G, I think,(The one with skirts) and the Stug III G, add some reasonable Russian tanks, then make the tanks and trucks more interactive. For example: leaning over the side of the halftrack to shoot, riding on tanks, and the sounds of the tanks should be improved.

Once we get the kinks ironed out, and the suggestions above are implemented, it just a matter of creating good map, like Arad and Bondarevo for everyone to enjoy!

Hope this helps a little!

Upvote 0
What? 3rd person views are unrealistic and not welcome in ROO.

What he means is that you, outside the tank, can see, what the commander is looking at. Nothing else.

[...]Next add new tanks: Panzer IV G, I think,(The one with skirts)[...]

It's the H :>

[...]add some reasonable Russian tanks[...]

Like? Other than that I agree with the tires; although I guess they were armoured? If not it would be funny to see the old balance kicking in when you popped a tire :D

Here's an improvement for Arad:

Make it more "bushy" like Ogledow, so you can really do something as infantry outside the towns.
Maybe I have to do it myself D: Ogledow is a nice map because you can do both roles pretty good; although there should be an MG class available on both Arad and Ogledow in my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is perhaps THE most organized and interesting posts in the RO Forums. No kidding, you have for the most part reasonable suggestions for improving RO:O. Kudos for you all!

Thank u very much.:D
I have open this Thread because i thinking their are to much spam-post in this Forum.
And its good that we have people here with the same meaning.

@4th Reich:
Yes kuebel have understand it right. I don't mean that you get a 3rd person view of the Tiger or another tank u sitting in.
I thinking it will be better for OTHER Player to see the REAL 3rd Person of a Tank Crew,
for example: You can see if the Commander use his Binoculars, or if he look in the air, or left side, right side or up side to the ground.
That will be good for Tank Hunters like Panzerj

Upvote 0
And i believe, the Tiger Turret move slowly, i can't believe that it move so slowly like in RO.
Im not sure where or if its even right but someone posted somewhere that the Tiger I's tranverse speed was just as fast as the PanzerIV f2 in game
[...]Next add new tanks: Panzer IV G, I think,(The one with skirts)[...]
Instead of that super rare F2 they gave us the G would have been a better tank to put into early 1942 maps.The tank your thinking of is the PanzerIV H the 1943-1944 verison of the PanzerIV which was the most common German tank of the war also the best verison of the Panzer IV which Allied armor and infantry often confused with the TigerI.
also really the PanzerIII L in game should get side skirts in 1943 as well as camo rather than panzergrau because the Panzer III L we have is a later Panzer III 1942.
The Germans have no 1941 tanks as of yet in game.In fact every tank the Germans have save the Panther G is from 1942 which is kind of curious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Some Ideas for early War tanks...

PzKpfw. II with an 20mm Machine Gun, (1935-1943)

panzeriic.jpg

38 (t) with an 3,7cm Gun (1938-1942)

panzert38.jpg

and for the Russians

T-26 with 45mm (1931-1940)

rt26.jpg

BT-7 with 45mm (1937-1939)
but mybe it is to fast, that can destoyed a good gameplay.

rbt7.jpg

and if somebody have too much time he can create a Land Lease Tank for the Russians, MADE IN USA:D like Stuart or Sherman

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank u very much.:D
I have open this Thread because i thinking their are to much spam-post in this Forum.

And what's about the slow moving of the Tiger turret?

imo - this IS spam!^^

what is wrong with asking a simple question in standard text? Whatismore their is an abundance of info. out there on Tiger tanks, some of it true some of it false, but ffs try using Google (or even better visit a library - thats a big building open to the public with lots of books)!

"The turret was thick and massive, with vertical sides, and so heavy that it needed a low-geared hand operation to turn it, the gunlayer having to make 720 revolutions of a handwheel to rotate the turret through 360[degrees]. A foot-operated hydraulic traversing gear was also fitted but it was too slow, and this led to a tactical disadvantage since it was possible to sneak up on a Tiger from the side or rear and loose off a quick shot or two before the gunner could bring the ponderous gun and turret to bear on his assailant." - John Keegan (World War II, PRC Publishing Ltd.,2001).

btw John Keegan is a hugely respected Military Historian in the UK, born in 1934, he was a Senior Military History lecturer for 26 years at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst (Britain's top officer 'school') and one of the most prominent military historians we have i.e. when he writes books, they are meticulously researched...

Upvote 0
First Thank you RO-Team for this very nice Pzkpfw. IV Ausf. H screens, i hope it is in battle a nice tank too:D
The cammoflage of the Pzkpfw IV looks good too, i hope it will give the germans more chance to hidden on the battlefield. Maybe you change the cammo of the other yellow german tanks too, i think the only thing u have too do is to use a dirty yellow.

The Infantry have a cammo problem too if they models seeing the sun they are glowing and you seeing the skins and uniforms from more than 1000m.
Mybe u can change this too.

And another problem with the Tiger!
Ok, the Turret is yery slow (sometimes the T34 driving faster than u can move your turret), but when the Tiger hit his victim the enemy must be destroy.
I think the 88mm is to harmless, u need often more than one shot for a T34/85 and the T34 can kill u with only one shot in the Tiger front.
I have seen it more than onetimes that a tiger shot in the flank of a T34 and the only thing what happen is that u the a little smoke over the T34 engine, but the T34 kill the Tiger without any problems, the only chance to survive in a Tiger is to move to 11 or 1 o'clock Position.
In reality a T34 having much luck when it survive the first hit of a 88mm from the HEAVY BATTLE TANK TIGER
In RO the Tiger is a paper-tank, the russians see the yellow Tiger when he is on the other side of map, they can kill the Tiger with only one shot, every russian Tank move his turret faster than the tiger, every russian tank drive faster than the tiger ...

but Thx for the Pz IV H i hope it is much better than the Pz IV G
mybe the second new vehicle is a SU-85 or a BT-7 or only a russian troop-carrier

or it is a second german tank, mybe the Jagdpanther, or a little tank against this ****ing T-60 like the Pzkpfw. II with a 20mm :D
or a Marder II (III) as the enemy partner for the SU-76:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
My 2 cents

My 2 cents

OK, My 2 cents. The problem with the BA-64 is that it is used as an infantry carrier. There is a variant for that but that is not what is in the game. Only tankers should be able to use the BA-64 and it would be nice to see a German scout car. The Russians were supplied with plenty of US half tracks, M3 Scout Cars (APC) and British Universal carriers or the infantry could just ride the tanks or they get nothing at all.

Tank commanders habitually used SMGs and grenades from the commanders hatch according to Otto Carrius in

Upvote 0