• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

As requested: Pz IV H - and update news

Please lord, not big huge, game-unbalancing tanks like the King Tiger!!!

You guys who ask for this stuff - just think FFS. The King Tiger was an incredibly deadly weapon but , then again, so was a 20,000 lb stick of bombs from a Lancaster bomber.

They would both have the same effect on the game - kill it stone dead!!!

The game would be fun for the guy with the quick PC who bagged tank crew first and jumped into his uber-boy-toy but deathly boring for anyone else on the map, or would their purpose just be to sit in spawn and type messages like, "\o/ ur so kewl in the KT - I wish I cud b like u. Can I hold ur coat whilst you drive it?"
so you wont the ruskies to have all big tanks and germans to have a tiger 1 tank. go back to making maps:p what happens to the germans when they put the su152 in the game?????unbalancing like you say

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd assumed the other new vehicle would be the R35 tank, from the October 7 post.

The R-35 is part of the Carpathian Crosses expansion which is not official TW kit.

BTW I forgot to mention that I am incredibly impressed with TWI not sitting on their as....er...laurels and continuously updating this already great game - it keeps it fresh and helps even the hoariest old player (e.g. me) retain the sense of getting a game fresh out of the package.

I still reserve the right to ***** and moan in these forums if there's something I don't like in the upgrade. And, you know what? TWI will let me.

That's how great they are.

Upvote 0
I'm very glad the pz4 H is being added to the game and we get a new large tank map from what it sounds like.

I hope the new vehicle is a russian truck or large transport vehicle of some kind. I would be doubly happy if it replaced the BA64 entirely, it is inappropriate on all of the maps (it is a recon vehicle, not a transport vehicle).

I would like to see Bondarevo improved for the patch. It's a tank map trying to be a CA map but fails miserably. I would like to see semi-auto classes, assault classes, and sniper classes added to this map. I feel the tank load outs were more even/better before it was changed to what it is presently.

Upvote 0
so you wont the ruskies to have all big tanks and germans to have a tiger 1 tank. go back to making maps:p what happens to the germans when they put the su152 in the game?????unbalancing like you say

They're going to put the SU-152 into the game? I want big Russian tanks? Where does this information come from?

I do not remember saying that only German big tanks would be a bad thing. I think that ANY big tank would be a bad thing. I used the King Tiger as an example as it is the big tank thats name most frequently crops up.

So kindly go back to whatever it is YOU do. :p

Upvote 0
Please lord, not big huge, game-unbalancing tanks like the King Tiger!!!
You guys who ask for this stuff - just think FFS. The King Tiger was an incredibly deadly weapon but , then again, so was a 20,000 lb stick of bombs from a Lancaster bomber.
They would both have the same effect on the game - kill it stone dead!!!

i noticed that adding big tanks( king tiger, su 152...) on a map actually forces the opponents to build out a strategy and play tactically! when you see a panzer IV you just aim, shoot once or twice and BOOM! but with big tanks its different, you can't face em with a medium tank.
i remember once in orel, i was the driver of a tiger 1, i positioned myself one kilometer west from the south east village, from there my commander could see all the enemy tanks coming over the east hills going to the village. my commander took them out one by one, with me screaming the enemy positions to him. i believe we took out 12 t 34's and IS. after 20 minutes one of em got smarter and sneaked up behind us after making a gigantic detour.

so you see with big cats on the field, strategy is a matter of life and death!

Upvote 0
i noticed that adding big tanks( king tiger, su 152...) on a map actually forces the opponents to build out a strategy and play tactically!

And you happened to pick the biggest map going as your example.
The majority of maps are too small for the real heavy hitters.

I'm one of several people who would wouldn't mind see the JS-2 taken out.

Upvote 0
BTW I forgot to mention that I am incredibly impressed with TWI not sitting on their as....er...laurels and continuously updating this already great game - it keeps it fresh and helps even the hoariest old player (e.g. me) retain the sense of getting a game fresh out of the package.

I still reserve the right to ***** and moan in these forums if there's something I don't like in the upgrade. And, you know what? TWI will let me.

That's how great they are.
well summed up!
i pray that the update has a fix for the lame weapon juggling/auto pick up thingy the devs called a "fix" in the last patch.

Upvote 0
Good job!

I'm very happy to see the Panzer IV Ausf H is being added to the game.

I hope some work is also being done to correct the bright yellow color of the German panzers to a closer match of the dark yellow (RAL 7028).

Perhaps the next upgrade will provide the Germans with an Sdkfz 222 light armored car to equal things out with the Soviet BA-64 light armored car.

Better yet, give the Germans a Sdkfz 260/261 light armored radio car, with the ability to call in artillery strikes from the vehicle!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i noticed that adding big tanks( king tiger, su 152...) on a map actually forces the opponents to build out a strategy and play tactically! when you see a panzer IV you just aim, shoot once or twice and BOOM! but with big tanks its different, you can't face em with a medium tank.
i remember once in orel, i was the driver of a tiger 1, i positioned myself one kilometer west from the south east village, from there my commander could see all the enemy tanks coming over the east hills going to the village. my commander took them out one by one, with me screaming the enemy positions to him. i believe we took out 12 t 34's and IS. after 20 minutes one of em got smarter and sneaked up behind us after making a gigantic detour.

so you see with big cats on the field, strategy is a matter of life and death!
If there was an equal to the tiger on the 88vs76, however, it would just be yet another slugfest. I vote they just get rid of the heavys

Upvote 0