• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta for Logitech G15 Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to get this to work for 5hrs. Will someone PLEASE:) help me. Does it go in the "target" box? Do I space after exe" or continue typing? I don't get a downloading confirmation. Am I suppose to launch from the shortcut? What is the comand line? Is it the "target" box or the "start in" box? I'm at a complete loss:confused: and feeling pretty stupid and embarressed:eek:

Thank-you guys!

Upvote 0
Please, please can someone help me.:( Your probaly all laughing your asses off by now but it just won't work for me. I had to step away cause I started getting fustrated. Like maybe I'm doing somthing stupid like not typing it in the right line. I'm a little embarassed:eek: to say I don't know much about pc's. I'm teaching myself but find I secound guess myself or miss somthing simple. I'd be glad to post any info you need to help me remedy the problem.
Appreciate your time guys.

Good Gaming !:)

Upvote 0
WE need analogue keystrokes!

WE need analogue keystrokes!

What would be really useful would be a keyboard with a dedicated game keypad with ANALOGUE keys. Keyboards were never designed for gaming, but for typing. Although this may come as no shock to anyone, we (gamers) still feel the consequences of this every day.

Imagine having in addition to the normal digital keys a game key area with analogue keys. In stead of having only two speed modes and having to switch between them, you could just determine your forward speed by the amount of pressure you apply to the forward key. Much more controls and still less key hassle. Or imagine having the possibility to very simply finetune leaning or your stance (height).

This would not only go for FPS but also for race games, flight sims you name it. I kinda suspect the big companies (Logitech, Microsoft etc.) of blocking this feature for keyboards to protect their very lucrative joystick/steering wheel market. If RO could support THAT kind of keyboard I would be really excited, the now introduced support for the G15 doesn't interrest me the slightliest bit.

Upvote 0
What would be really useful would be a keyboard with a dedicated game keypad with ANALOGUE keys. Keyboards were never designed for gaming, but for typing. Although this may come as no shock to anyone, we (gamers) still feel the consequences of this every day.

Imagine having in addition to the normal digital keys a game key area with analogue keys. In stead of having only two speed modes and having to switch between them, you could just determine your forward speed by the amount of pressure you apply to the forward key. Much more controls and still less key hassle. Or imagine having the possibility to very simply finetune leaning or your stance (height).

This would not only go for FPS but also for race games, flight sims you name it. I kinda suspect the big companies (Logitech, Microsoft etc.) of blocking this feature for keyboards to protect their very lucrative joystick/steering wheel market. If RO could support THAT kind of keyboard I would be really excited, the now introduced support for the G15 doesn't interrest me the slightliest bit.

Not only was that very off-topic, but it's a pretty bad idea IMO. I think that keyboards are fine the way they are. Analog buttons would only be useful for things like racing games so you can get precise turns and stuff like that; but other than that, for things like FPS, you're gonna want to be running full-speed the whole time anyway.

And just out of curiosity, do you even have a G15?

Upvote 0
Analog buttons would only be useful for things like racing games so you can get precise turns and stuff like that; but other than that, for things like FPS, you're gonna want to be running full-speed the whole time anyway.

So your saying that currently in RO you're always trying to run full-speed? If the speed you move at influences the amount of weapon sway, noise you produce and stamina you loose is it still a good idea to always run full-speed, I think not. Yes if I wanna run from cover to cover or wanna travel larger distance sure I would use maximum speed, if I need to sneak up on a position however I would go slower.

Further don't you mind sticking out from cover just because their are only three stances/heights? I can understand why it currently is designed this way, but it's not very realistic and limits your possibilities to use the battlefield for cover and weapon resting.

And just out of curiosity, do you even have a G15?

Nope, I don't really see why that's relevant (if G15 users are happy with the G15 support that's only a good thing, I just stated that to me it's not a very interesting thing).

Upvote 0
So your saying that currently in RO you're always trying to run full-speed?
Yeah, pretty much.

Taxi said:
If the speed you move at influences the amount of weapon sway, noise you produce and stamina you loose is it still a good idea to always run full-speed, I think not. Yes if I wanna run from cover to cover or wanna travel larger distance sure I would use maximum speed, if I need to sneak up on a position however I would go slower.
The loudness of your footsteps doesn't really affect the game that much unless you're inside of a building, where I am crouched the majority of the time anyway, to reduce my steps and for more cover from any potential sudden attacks. It's a lot simpler to have one button that makes you crouch (more cover) and move slower (reduce sound) than to have that button and another that just does one of those functions. The exact speed I'm running at doesn't really come into play (nor does it really matter).

Taxi said:
Further don't you mind sticking out from cover just because their are only three stances/heights? I can understand why it currently is designed this way, but it's not very realistic and limits your possibilities to use the battlefield for cover and weapon resting.
When you crouch, there are 2 heights that you get to (one for sitting still, one for when you move/have your ironsights up), so it's really like 4 settings. But anyway, no, it doesn't really bother me because most surfaces in the game are just high/low enough for me to take cover under. I've never had my head clipped (or something like that) and thought "Ah, man! If only I could crouch down a little bit lower!"

Taxi said:
Nope, I don't really see why that's relevant (if G15 users are happy with the G15 support that's only a good thing, I just stated that to me it's not a very interesting thing).
I asked because your negative input about the G15 support isn't really isn't necessary, and when you do that, it makes it look like you're trolling.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.