• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Looking forward very much to this mod. I hope the A12 Matilda Mk II is included, as it is one of my favourite tanks. (Fingers crossed :D)

Anyway, I noticed the updated on the RO front page mentioned a "Crusader Mk IV". I would like to point out that such a vehicle does not exist.

Good luck with the mod!

Upvote 0
Personally, I don't see this mod "fragmenting" the community whatsoever. If anything else, it will encourage people to pick up RO:OST and hopefully inspire more people to develop their own modifications. Just look at Half-Life 1 for instance, which has been kept alive since late November of 1998 due to the incredible amount of support from the community.

Upvote 0
This is going to be the best thing since Ostfront! :D

Being an American, I've been wanting to see some Western Front battles using the RO engine for a while now. This is really a dream come true.

I also think that the African and Italian campaigns are under-represented in the video-game world. Only the BoF is less represented (WWIIOL is the only game I know besides exactly 1 Forgotten Hope map). This Mod will go a long way to making me a happy camper.

Perhaps someday even the Vichy and Free French can be included (as they both fought in NA).

Upvote 0
Come to think of it , that's the only reason I bought HL1 in the first place..to play DoD (when it was a HL1 mod).

Good point. :eek:

Only reason I bought UT2004 was for the mods.. :p
I can count on one-hand the number of times I played regular UT2k4..
(now.. UT2k3, I played alot of CTF on... mmm.. ctf...)

Upvote 0
I think this is going to be a corker! 8th Army v Afrika korp and their Italian allies.
Yes I know quite a few people won’t like this mod but I have always found the North Africa and Italian campaigns to be fascinating and to be honest Normandy has been done time and again!
No doubt the forums will see many threads in the coming weeks regarding Mare Nostrum.

I’m sure we will have some juicy debate regarding Montgomery. And Rommel.
I know Monty was VERY unpopular with our American allies, and as for Rommel he was just as well respected by the British as he was his own men.
Bring on the Fallschirmjagers for Crete as well!

Upvote 0
Street fighting in Rome?
We must mean Ortona.
Canada_Ortona_1_WW2.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm really excited, especially about the new guns. I love small arms in general. I think the Africa campaign will be excellent for tank battles (which I love), considering it's a wide open desert, not good for infantry. The Italian campaign should be better for infantry. I can't wait to play as the Americans and get my hands on a Garand. I can't imagine what it will be like using a Garand in the RO engine (I know it's actually UT2K4 but w/e). Also defintely excited to play as the Brits and use an Enfield No. 4

Upvote 0