• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Berlin & Danzig

King Ragnar said:
Why berlin?, we have konigsplatz which is like a trillion times better than Berlin, i would like to see danzig but actually see it remade completely so we wouldnt have the gay bridges that were the worst choke points ive ever seen.

Actually RO-Berlin cannot be compared to RO-Konigsplatz, because berlin was real city fighting and konigsplatz is a pretty much open , combined arms, map. Personally i prefered the old berlin, i would like to see it ported ( not directly of course, with a healthy number of changes.)

Upvote 0
I dont think it would be too hard to make a map which features the basic layout and gameplay of Berlin while taking out the reichstag (and replace it with another building) and getting rid of all thjose crappy static mesh facades.

This is another map that can be done good or bad, good would be to solve the main problens like the allied spawn. (My suggestion would be a Bunker that is shared between the 2 houses across the street and therefore gives the possibilty to leave the spawn without having to actually cross the street).

Most improvements on the Berlin map could be done graphicswise. Realistic house layouts, getting rid of the long tunnel in NA (substitute it with some backyards behind the houses where the fences are shelled down or something. That way you could keep the long distance you had in the SA along with a realistic layout for the houses)

Berlins gameplay was one of the best in the mod, even with the problem of the soviet spawn. I think its because it actually offers a mixture between CQB urban fight and rather long distances.
If anybody wants to redo this map, please build it up again from the ground and get inspirations from the old Berlin.

Upvote 0
how about new maps/new ideas rather than ported maps from the mod ;) Lyes Krovy was a nice addition in relation to new maps from the devs. Lazur by Drecks is a new setting/map and is a lot of fun to play. Slyk's upcoming map Berezina again is a new map idea to the RO world. It gets old playing maps that were played in the mod...I'd much rather see new content developed.

Upvote 0
JAKL said:
how about new maps/new ideas rather than ported maps from the mod ;) Lyes Krovy was a nice addition in relation to new maps from the devs. Lazur by Drecks is a new setting/map and is a lot of fun to play. Slyk's upcoming map Berezina again is a new map idea to the RO world. It gets old playing maps that were played in the mod...I'd much rather see new content developed.

Agree, but we still need Jucha desperately, or at least i do :eek:

Upvote 0