• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And even more improvements!

I have tried the new filesystem, I didn't have long load times before but I wanted to see if there were any improvements, and there were.

My computer (don't know exactly what i got):
Intel P4 3.4 Ghz
1.5 Gb RAM
ATI X850XT

Without the new filesystem:
Starting the game took 28 seconds
Loading a map took 40 seconds

With the new filesystem:
Starting the game took 13 seconds
Loading a map took 27 seconds

Also when I played on Koenigsplatz (with the update) the game ran more smoothly. Without the update the game lagged at every new map start, loading all the sounds or something.

Thanks for all updates TW, keep them coming!

Edit: Oh, I haven't used any custom configurations to improve the load times, I'm using the highest video settings (besides the resolution, 1024 x 768) and sound settings. Don't know if it's to any help but better then nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

i dont understand how i have to do that.
I have right-clicked on Red Orchestra OF and added the parameters in the target! Than i have cutted the red orchestra folder from "STEAM/SteamApps/NAME/red orchestra" to "STEAM/SteamApps/common/".

But it doesnt load faster!

Is any german here, who can explain me the installation in german?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
well im not german but i'll try to explain.
the thing you have to add the command line to is the steam shortcut on your desktop. if you dont have one, then make one :)
if you go to the steam folder just right click on the steam icon and make a shortcut to desktop, then rightclick on the desktop icon, and there you should add the commandline.
in the end it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -clientbeta newfs -beta fs

maybe it would be good if steam was shut off while you do this. then start steam, log in, and steam will update itself. when it is logged in, steam will check red orchestra for completeness, whatever it is called again :rolleyes: it will automatically create the new map. you dont have to copy this yourself.
when this is done, just launch red orchestra from steam ( wich you now have to start up from the desktop i presume, dont know about that )

hope this is helpfull to you

Upvote 0
deceiver said:
So, the files from the GCF are basically extracted and the game runs from the extracted files through the ncf files? This doubles the space required =S. So, what previously only requires 2+ GB is now 4+GB =\. I guess this is good, but, in the future, will it still be necessary to keep the GCF files intact if we already the files extracted?

The GCF files will be kept around until the beta is over so that poeple can roll back to the old system if they have problems. Otherwise they would have to redownload the GCFs to roll back. Once the beta is over and this system is rolled out to everyone, the GCFs will go away.

Upvote 0
SiC-Disaster said:
well im not german but i'll try to explain.
the thing you have to add the command line to is the steam shortcut on your desktop. if you dont have one, then make one :)
if you go to the steam folder just right click on the steam icon and make a shortcut to desktop, then rightclick on the desktop icon, and there you should add the commandline.
in the end it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -clientbeta newfs -beta fs

maybe it would be good if steam was shut off while you do this. then start steam, log in, and steam will update itself. when it is logged in, steam will check red orchestra for completeness, whatever it is called again :rolleyes: it will automatically create the new map. you dont have to copy this yourself.
when this is done, just launch red orchestra from steam ( wich you now have to start up from the desktop i presume, dont know about that )

hope this is helpfull to you

Oh thx...my mistake. I added the parameters to the RO:O shortcut^^
Now i have add it to the STEAM shortcut, now it works!

Thx

Upvote 0
Well tried this last night, not that my loading times were bad to begin with mind you, generally I am one of the first loaded .. anywhere from 15-30 seconds before .. now I can load a map in 10-20 seconds .. didn't want to be left behind on first gun selection! :)

My specs ...

P4 3Ghz
2GB Dual Channel DDR RAM (1GB generic Samsung, 1GB Kingston)
GeForce 6200 256MB

I have many services disabled in Windows mind you since I only use it for gaming and some multimedia tasks, rest of the time the system runs CentOS (*cough* Hint TW *cough*).

BTW, even when I am one of the first loaded I still often grab the bolt action so others can play with the SMGs, etc. .. well mind you I do tend to go for the semi-autos too :D

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
The GCF files will be kept around until the beta is over so that poeple can roll back to the old system if they have problems. Otherwise they would have to redownload the GCFs to roll back. Once the beta is over and this system is rolled out to everyone, the GCFs will go away.

Oh ok! That's great news. Some of my buddies who were running low on HDD space were hesitant about it, thanks for info!

Upvote 0