• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Yoshiro said:
To sum up our testing on this

I had one of the mappers create a tank range for us.

We lined up tanks at various rangers and shot at them with other tanks head on. We took that data and compared it with all our real world data. If it closely matched up we got it right. What this patch mainly does (expect for a few armor and gun tweaks) and reintroduce penitration which was not working before.

should release that tank range :]

Upvote 0
I would just like to say

WOW!

Some things will never change - people complaining about patches, and then start whinging about what should be in the next patch....

Out of all the multiplayer games I've played, this patch is the best and most significant patch I've ever seen. Congrats to TW for superb support, I think the game has improved tenfold.

Upvote 0
Crim said:
I admit I jumped to conclusions about panzerfausts and ammoboxes, sure. Other than that? No. Good strawman, though.
You missed my main point.

Oh hey, you even left it out when you quoted me. Here it is, again:

[tR]Mad Mac said:
Take the time to play the game for a while (its only been out a few hours) before coming back with your new list what you think is broken/unfair.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid to say I didn't miss your point at all. Thanks for assuming I did and jumping at the chance to act condescending, though.

Bondarevo is fun as hell, now, though. Oh, god, that brave little stug, one-shotting tanks left and right.

There are still some funky bounces and such on the soviet tanks, but other than that, patch = good! And the new map-loading system is even better. So yay.

My only complaint is the lack of shot traps and crew-damage, but there's still plenty of time for that to be put in, right? Right?

Right?

P.S. I still hate the IS-2.

Upvote 0
Been playing a lot tonight, acting as a driver on tank maps for random gunners going on multiple tank killing sprees, taking on multiple targets at once and timing angling as each tank fires so that we could survive multiple impacts of shells.

Been hella fun, tanking is better than ever in game.

Got in a t60 on bondarevo and flanked the enemy, hit them in the sides and rear and took out 3-4 tanks in a row in moments several times.

Just play the game, practice and you will suddenly realise just how well expereinced players can shrug off shells by using their armor to maximum effectiveness and position themselves to hit back hard against unangled and weaker armor.

The tanks aren't broken, you playing style must be, an experienced tanker in an IS2 at range can shrug off almost anything and hit back like a sledgehammer.

Upvote 0
Crim said:
Please stop acting like we're all whining about OMG TIGER NOT UBERMACHINE?!!!!1 ZOUNDS

That's not what we're saying at all, and it reflects badly on yourself for acting like it is.
Crim said:
I'm afraid to say I didn't miss your point at all. Thanks for assuming I did and jumping at the chance to act condescending, though. {SNIP}
Ah. In return, please cease the condescending tone towards me in the future as well, regardless of your state of mind, in which you were mistakingly assuming I'm thinking you are all a bunch of CS leet talking whiners.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
eh... the tiger is near damn impenetrable when angled correctly. I just finished a 4min shoot out against 17 russian tanks. 14 of which were destroyed. The tiger is now the tiger it should be, now all I need to play in is the "KING TIGER" only tank in the war to never have been penetrated during it's service in WWII.

Upvote 0
The_Cook said:
eh... the tiger is near damn impenetrable when angled correctly. I just finished a 4min shoot out against 17 russian tanks. 14 of which were destroyed. The tiger is now the tiger it should be, now all I need to play in is the "KING TIGER" only tank in the war to never have been penetrated during it's service in WWII.

I think the side and rear armour of the King Tiger, could and probably would have been penetrated by certain allied weapons during WW2.
And some of the super heavy rounds, used by certain Russian bunker busters, would have probably caused massive internel damage that would have killed the crew, even if it didn't penetrate the armour.

I'd still love to see it in RO sometime in a future patch/addon though.

Upvote 0
I'd like to chime in with a "Kudos, devs - great stuff". I never had as much fun in RO as last night. Getting one shot kills consistently when the situation dictated it, still being able to have prolonged fire-fights when both sides had good positions/competent crews.

It really is loads better now. And the Panther, Oh man that thing is a brute now :) I had several duels with Panthers sitting in my IS2 and I ended up dead more often than not.

Havent tested the new and improved Tiger yet because for some reason everyone flocked to the German side on the Panzer maps :) Will do it tonight.

Oh - and the new Arad map! Awesome!

Upvote 0
Lionel-RIchie said:
It sounds like this is going to make fully crewed tanks much more desirable to use since a sitting tank will soon be a dead tank. I hope so.
Well... as far as I've heard from a Panzermann, a sitting tank WAS a dead tank, so we can be glad if that's now in game. It can only improve the gameplay!

Did someone tested what happens now with a good placed shell at the turret rings or at the tracks? I was trying yesterday... but we were constantly owned by the boys of the other company, so we didn't give a single shot :D (no joke, unfortunately... but I was laughing till late in the night!!!).

Upvote 0
Nice work on fixing the penetration issues.

But Crim's point is correct, even though his message was structured negatively.

Now that one-shot kills are possible, the Germans tankers are going to have a VERY tough time on most of the tank maps.

The solution, IMHO, isn't to bother with the PzIV H or any other late-war medium. If Tripwire saw it as necessary to add the IS-2 to their game, fine. But adding the IS-2 without adding SOMETHING on the German side that would be it's equivalent is not so great. There are several options:

Royal Tiger: Personally, I'm against this since it was rather rare, and simply ups the ante on the "uber" crap. I hate the "uber" crap.
Jadpanther: This thing would be able to take out the IS-2 and has insane frontal armor. A good choice, IMHO.
JadTiger: Too uber, IMHO, but would also be applicable.
Elefant: Uber and rare, but since it mainly saw action on the Eastern front, I think it would be acceptable.

SasQuatch said:
Yes it should be able to now the internal damage is working. Depends on the angle, but a panther shouldnt have a problem facing the IS2 head on at 500 meter.

Yes it should. The IS-2's frontal armor is sloped and the panther really should have NO hope of penetrating it frontally except perhaps at the driver's hatch.

I'm sorry i didnt design a tiger ownage map for you guys set in 1943, where you can hop in your fav 'mythical' tank and own the entire russian team on your own :)

You will have to wait for a map like that somewhat.

I find this statement extremely disturbing coming from a dev. Instead of setting maps in 1943 where the Germans can dominate, you instead set them in 1944/45 and leave out a bunch of German tanks so the Russians can dominate?

I have NO problems with historical accuracy. I really think there SHOULD be a map or 2 set in 1943 where the Germans have the superior tanks and are on the offence, just like there should be a map or 2 set in 1945 where the Russians get their IS2s and THEY are on the offense.

But on a map where BOTH sides are trying to grab land, the tank balance should be similar. I don't feel that the currently modelled tanks represent an even matchup between the Russians and the Germans.

PS- Please note that I am not a Germanophile. In fact, I dislike Germanophiles with a passion. I am, in fact, a Francophile, so I really don't have much bias when it comes to this game. I have stated time and time again that the Tiger is NOT under-performing in this game (minus the penetration issue which you guys just addressed). The problem is that the majority of the "tank" maps done so far give the Russians extremely late-war vehicles while the Germans are in mid-war ones.

IMHO, the JadPanther or Elefant would fix this issue.

Upvote 0